DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Mar 26, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #406 of 13,478
Mar 26, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #407 of 13,478
Mar 26, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #411 of 13,478
Mar 26, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #413 of 13,478
Whats more important, UI speed or sound ?

That's a good question, but I don't think it has a simple answer. Obviously sound is very important. My QP2R excels at that. But the UI is slightly clunky, and it has zero features other than as a music player. Ideally, I'm looking for the overall total package. Great sound, great fast UI, and lots of useful options. I think the R6 Pro and the DX220 might deliver on all of those. I'm also looking at the SPKM, which is far more expensive (3x the price!) and likely has better sound, but also doesn't have all of the modern perks. Like most things in this hobby, I don't think there are any clear answers, it all comes down to personal preference, which is tough if I can't find each unit to demo, let alone side by side!

Mar 26, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #414 of 13,478
That's a good question, but I don't think it has a simple answer. Obviously sound is very important. My QP2R excels at that. But the UI is slightly clunky, and it has zero features other than as a music player. Ideally, I'm looking for the overall total package. Great sound, great fast UI, and lots of useful options. I think the R6 Pro and the DX220 might deliver on all of those. I'm also looking at the SPKM, which is far more expensive (3x the price!) and likely has better sound, but also doesn't have all of the modern perks. Like most things in this hobby, I don't think there are any clear answers, it all comes down to personal preference, which is tough if I can't find each unit to demo, let alone side by side!
Yep in this hobby no matter what dap you choose you will be looking for another dap witin a day of receiving your "end game" dap.

Mar 26, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #415 of 13,478
Yep in this hobby no matter what dap you choose you will be looking for another dap witin a day of receiving your "end game" dap.

Right now I'm really looking for just a daily driver. Something that is truly portable, that I can commute with and get a ton of use out of. Under $1k would be ideal. Hence R6Pro or DX220. News can't come out fast enough!

Mar 26, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #416 of 13,478
Right now I'm really looking for just a daily driver. Something that is truly portable, that I can commute with and get a ton of use out of. Under $1k would be ideal. Hence R6Pro or DX220. News can't come out fast enough!
You want these for streaming? If not there are easier on the go daps.

Mar 26, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #417 of 13,478
You want these for streaming? If not there are easier on the go daps.

Yes, I'd like to have streaming and wifi in general...my current DAP doesn't have it.

Mar 26, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #418 of 13,478
Yes, I'd like to have streaming and wifi in general...my current DAP doesn't have it.
Well if streaming is the main goal either should do well.

Mar 26, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #419 of 13,478
Well if streaming is the main goal either should do well.

The SPKM can stream some too, but I'd like the ability to use Android apps to access my home server as well. I believe that the DX220 and R6Pro can do that, but I don't think the SPKM's open app approach allows that.

Mar 26, 2019 at 9:34 AM Post #420 of 13,478
I just confirmed with FiiO that they have implemented on-the-fly PCM-to-DSD conversion
Please read carefully this thread to find out that, with well implemented devices like DX200, conversion to DSD lower than DSD512 has no sense, and why it is so (in brief: because a good DAC does it anyway). Then, I doubt that Fiio has implemented on-the-fly conversion to DSD512 or higher :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back