DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 20, 2018 at 8:09 PM Post #19,637 of 22,021
They are not exactly “on sale” but is still selling :D...expensive like heck for 63gb lol

Yeah, I've been checking prices since the card launched and still way too high. Plus, probably lots of fake cards out there capitalizing on those crazy prices.

Still, the Sony card is just one of many possible tweaks. Software like Fidelizer might have a greater effect. I've been using the purist ROM on my iBasso R10 for over a year and it made a huge difference (still can't get Poweramp V2 or V3 running on it though due to ancient Android 2.3 but that's another story). Don't have a DX200 but plan to get a DX150 now that Android 8.1 is out and the Nutube amp is hopefully coming.

Dec 20, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #19,638 of 22,021
They are not exactly “on sale” but is still selling :D...expensive like heck for 63gb lol

Yeah, I saw. Not worth it for 63gb, especially, that’s like, what, 3-4 DSD tracks (grin).

Also, I emailed with WindowsX and I think I figured out what’s going on. Unless I’m mistaken, no matter what comes before, if you flash Lurker after Fidelizer it’s going to switch to Lurker’s kernel and you’re going to lose Fidelizer’s kernel optimizations. If you flash Fidelizer last you will lose Lurker’s kernel along with Play Store.

Considering the audio, Twister seemed to prefer Fidelizer with Lurker flashed over it. He reported that the soundstage was wider. I very much agree. I like the sound better and the soundstage is larger. However, the soundstage may be perceived as larger because you are losing some of Fidelizer’s optimizations. You seemed to prefer Fidelizer with all the optimizations without Lurker. I went back and tried this and it does sound cleaner and more engaging. This is also WindowsX’s preference, but for me I prefer Fidelizer with Lurker. This has the added bonus of retaining play store functionality, but however it shakes out, it sounds better to me.

I’m waiting to hear back again from Fidelizer because I’m not entirely sure if I have all this right. With all this flashing back and forth, at least I’m no longer taking my heart in my hands every time I run the Android Tool.

Dec 20, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #19,639 of 22,021
I hope people still remember, or know about the Sony MicroSD. It is still on sale nowadays.

But do you remember my Absorber TDK SheetS from Amp8 modifications ?

This is basically Sony admitting that MicroSD, just like any IC...it generate noises. So in order to make it better, they selected materials to tame down the noises. Now, not only Sony, but Samsung also had another paper to disclose about this cell noises too!

Anyways, what to do if you have just any other MicroSD ? Well, you use the TDK Sheets, so it absorb, and convert these electrical noises into “heat”. Ofcourse, this dissipated heat will not kill your SD card :wink:. Real science into modifications. Don’t ask me if it improve sound, how or where. I like it, and I will let you judge it.

The Negatives is that...you won’t be able to see your card marking anymore. You may need a way to organize them :D.

*remember* leave out the spaces for the side hook and don’t tape over the copper pins

where would one obtain these absorber sheets?

Dec 20, 2018 at 11:55 PM Post #19,641 of 22,021
Yeah, I saw. Not worth it for 63gb, especially, that’s like, what, 3-4 DSD tracks (grin).

Also, I emailed with WindowsX and I think I figured out what’s going on. Unless I’m mistaken, no matter what comes before, if you flash Lurker after Fidelizer it’s going to switch to Lurker’s kernel and you’re going to lose Fidelizer’s kernel optimizations. If you flash Fidelizer last you will lose Lurker’s kernel along with Play Store.

Considering the audio, Twister seemed to prefer Fidelizer with Lurker flashed over it. He reported that the soundstage was wider. I very much agree. I like the sound better and the soundstage is larger. However, the soundstage may be perceived as larger because you are losing some of Fidelizer’s optimizations. You seemed to prefer Fidelizer with all the optimizations without Lurker. I went back and tried this and it does sound cleaner and more engaging. This is also WindowsX’s preference, but for me I prefer Fidelizer with Lurker. This has the added bonus of retaining play store functionality, but however it shakes out, it sounds better to me.

I’m waiting to hear back again from Fidelizer because I’m not entirely sure if I have all this right. With all this flashing back and forth, at least I’m no longer taking my heart in my hands every time I run the Android Tool.

I tried flashing a few times today. I can confirm that in fact both ways

Stock > Lurker > Fidelizer
Stock > Lurker > Fidelizer > Lurker

Both are equally as good in sound quality, but with flashing Lurker again once more time, you get a working google Play store. However, if I was to do

Stock > Fidelizer > Lurker

Then it seems the sound reverts back into Stock firmware instead

Also, Neutron plays DSD512 with the same setting that I shared W0W! Mind blowing

Thanks @AnakChan !

I love these sheets for the MicroSD :D.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2018 at 12:00 AM Post #19,642 of 22,021
I tried flashing a few times today. I can confirm that in fact both ways

Stock > Lurker > Fidelizer
Stock > Lurker > Fidelizer > Lurker

Both are equally as good in sound quality, but with flashing Lurker again once more time, you get a working google Play store. However, if I was to do

Stock > Fidelizer > Lurker

Then it seems the sound reverts back into Stock firmware instead

Also, Neutron plays DSD512 with the same setting that I shared W0W! Mind blowing

I’ve been flashing back and forth a bit too but only Lurker and Fidelizer. I’ve only flashed Stock 8.1 at the very beginning. Do you think that makes any difference?

Also, what settings were you referring to in regard to Neutron and DSD512. Do you think that Neutron does a better job with DSD than Mango Player in Oreo?

Dec 21, 2018 at 12:09 AM Post #19,643 of 22,021
I’ve been flashing back and forth a bit too but only Lurker and Fidelizer. I’ve only flashed Stock 8.1 at the very beginning. Do you think that makes any difference?

Also, what settings were you referring to in regard to Neutron and DSD512. Do you think that Neutron does a better job with DSD than Mango Player in Oreo?

I am not sure if you only swap Lurker and or Fidelizer without flashing back to stock affect anything. I have always been flashing back to stock before I flash again into modified firmware of Lurker or Fidelizer.

Neutron with Oreo and modified firmware sound better than Mango Player in Oreo in both PCM or DSD512. I have not done a comparison between Neutron and MangoOS and DSD512. Mine is the paid version

Setting for Neutron here

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2018 at 1:06 AM Post #19,644 of 22,021
No. You can’t since BG (black) caps don’t fit in the amp8 case. Maybe the red ones N or NX types but they are rare and expensive. :anguished:

Not really , you still can find proper black gate to fit AMP8 or other AMP module . Attached picture is for your reference , there are 6 black gate and one BC .
S__4300829.jpg

Dec 21, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #19,647 of 22,021
Caved in and ordered amp 8 last night. No more audio gear for me for a while or I face execution by wife!

Dec 21, 2018 at 3:58 AM Post #19,649 of 22,021

Users who are viewing this thread

Back