DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 20, 2018 at 4:33 AM Post #19,606 of 22,021
Also, if anyone wonder. Instead of going for Fidelizer ROM, or tinkering with Neutron...etc...etc...it (PCM) is still behind DSD512 on Dx200.

So, if you can afford to Upsampling your pcm into DSD512, and playback on your dx200, just do so. Except maybe you don’t want to deal with the heat because you are on the go , then the tinkering to get the best for your PCM will make senses :)

One thing to note though, the Dx200 can do both PCM and DSD512 to a level of performances that is mind boggling when set it up right for a DAP. I say this because I observed both positivities from both formats that I have observed on my desktop.

1/ DSD with utmost imagines and details: when using Xivero to upsample your PCM and in Pure MangoOS

2/ PCM with engaged feeling, realism of timbres and fluidity: when using (Stock Ore + Lurker + Fidelizer Advanced ROM + Neutron)

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #19,607 of 22,021
oh yeah looking at this forum i see many firmwares and lurkers etc. What are the ones that I should consider?

Dec 20, 2018 at 4:38 AM Post #19,608 of 22,021
oh yeah looking at this forum i see many firmwares and lurkers etc. What are the ones that I should consider?
Stick with stock in MangoOS, until you are bored with it, and ready to squeeze some more out of your dx200. There is nothing wrong with Stock and MangoOS. MangoOS has seen vast improvements over the period of times compared to when Dx200 was first released.

Everything else will cost Money, except Lurker firmware which will allow you to get your google store to work

Dec 20, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #19,609 of 22,021
Stick with stock in MangoOS, until you are bored with it, and ready to squeeze some more out of your dx200. There is nothing wrong with Stock and MangoOS. MangoOS has seen vast improvements over the period of times compared to when Dx200 was first released.

Everything else will cost Money, except Lurker firmware which will allow you to get your google store to work
Thanks, what sort of stuff does the fidelizer thing do?

Dec 20, 2018 at 4:53 AM Post #19,610 of 22,021
So, do you download the most recent ibasso download and then get lurkers most recent?

Dec 20, 2018 at 5:34 AM Post #19,611 of 22,021
Then I tried what Fidelizer said, to flash Stock, and then @Lurker0 + set up your google store, and then enable usb debugging, disable verity, flash Fidelizer. Now it is what @twister6 mentioned, everything good from Fidelizer and further width has improved ! So, if you have Fidelizer, make sure you follow step by step, otherwise it would not be effective

@Whitigir after all the steps above did you flash Lurker0 one last time to get google play back or did you leave it off and end with Fidelizer? I think Twister flashed Lurker back on top of Fidelizer at the end.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018 at 7:52 AM Post #19,612 of 22,021
@Whitigir after all the steps above did you flash Lurker0 one last time to get google play back or did you leave it off and end with Fidelizer? I think Twister flashed Lurker back on top of Fidelizer at the end.
I did not flash Lurker anymore after Fidelizer.

Because previously I did stock >> Fidelizer >> Lurker, and I did not like the performances. So I went Stock>> Lurker>> Fidelizer

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #19,616 of 22,021
I did not flash Lurker anymore after Fidelizer.

Because previously I did stock >> Fidelizer >> Lurker, and I did not like the performances. So I went Stock>> Lurker>> Fidelizer

That’s odd. Twister flashed Lurker at the end. WindowsX instructed me to do the same, which I did.

I’m running Advanced ROM with DSD512, and I’m frankly stunned by the results, but have me wondering if I could squeeze out a bit more performance your way.

Dec 20, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #19,617 of 22,021
That’s odd. Twister flashed Lurker at the end. WindowsX instructed me to do the same, which I did.

I’m running Advanced ROM with DSD512, and I’m frankly stunned by the results, but have me wondering if I could squeeze out a bit more performance your way.
Try it again and see? I will try it again too. The last time I installed Lurker firmware last , I did not flash Lurker firmware after stock. That could be what negatively effecting it.

So the correct way is Stock>> Lurker>> Fidelizer>> Lurker again ?

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #19,618 of 22,021
Try it again and see? I will try it again too. The last time I installed Lurker firmware last , I did not flash Lurker firmware after stock. That could be what negatively effecting it.

So the correct way is Stock>> Lurker>> Fidelizer>> Lurker again ?

This is what WindowsX wrote me:

1. flash official
2. flash Lurker addon and setup Google Play Services
3. flash Purist ROM according to instructions provided
4. flash Lurker addon again

Dec 20, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #19,619 of 22,021
@Whitigir also, I have to thank you once again for the way you kept banging the drum about DSD512. So many times I convinced myself the differences were too subtle to be worth all the effort. Even now I’m still floored by the sheer compute resources it uses up. It takes forever to convert and my laptop is useless for anything else as it devotes everything to all the math. Then it produces these mammoth files which take forever to write to a Micro SD card. But, then...

The sound is sublime. It’s useless to talk about how it’s better in terms of soundstage, tonality, etc. It’s superlative in every way.

The combination of DSD512 and Fidelizer’s Advanced ROM makes the DX200 a portable in form factor only. I’d take this over a Chord Hugo2 any day and I’m thinking of patching this into my Moon 430HA, something I never thought I’d do with a DAP.

Hats off to you.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #19,620 of 22,021
My dx200 arrives tomorrow with amp 1. I can afford one more amp. Should it be 8?

Yes, definitely go with AMP 8. I listen to all the genre's you mentioned and having all the AMP modules...for me...8 is the best for those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back