DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 6, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #2,102 of 22,021
@Mimouille I am also very interested in full bodied, weighted mids, a bit forward maybe. thats what i miss in the DX90.  please keep us updated, Sabre has good airy highs and a potent and fast bass. the mids are the weakness. so please share your impressions.

Jan 6, 2017 at 5:46 AM Post #2,103 of 22,021
i would be surprised if a sbare dac will offer full forward meaty mids as that is not the norm for a sabre dac

Jan 6, 2017 at 5:57 AM Post #2,104 of 22,021
if mim says that dx200 is good , having wm1z/lpg to compare it with, then it should be very good (that ''bravo ibasso'' quote of his is also very promising)

definitely interested in getting the dx200  now

Jan 6, 2017 at 6:02 AM Post #2,105 of 22,021
i am most interested if he will ever compare dx200 vs fiio x7 as both have sabre dacs, and mimouille heard the fiio x7 extensively according to his profile

Jan 6, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #2,107 of 22,021
@Mimouille
I am also very interested in full bodied, weighted mids, a bit forward maybe. thats what i miss in the DX90.  please keep us updated, Sabre has good airy highs and a potent and fast bass. the mids are the weakness. so please share your impressions.

i would be surprised if a sbare dac will offer full forward meaty mids as that is not the norm for a sabre dac

Further burn in or another amp module might change things, but I doubt I will ever qualify the DX200 of having meety, forward mids.

i am most interested if he will ever compare dx200 vs fiio x7 as both have sabre dacs, and mimouille heard the fiio x7 extensively according to his profile

The X7 was good, but I only tried the default amp module. It was nice but very smooth sounding. The DX200 sounds more sharp and precise.

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #2,108 of 22,021
And that's why I've come to prefer daps with bare bones firmware, no OS, just music player with some normal function. The sound is more transparent and engaging.

I agree with this.  While I own and love the DX100, in design concept I think Ibasso got it right with the DX80.  Give me a relatively modern interface with none of the bells and whistles of a full Android package, browser capable, bluetooth, WiFi, etc.  Just give me a simple music player with a good GUI that plays music well and provides a digital out if I want to step it up a notch.  

The DX80 did offer some firmware challenges, but ultimately it settled into a nice DAP with a single basic function....play music. 

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #2,109 of 22,021
  I agree with this.  While I own and love the DX100, in design concept I think Ibasso got it right with the DX80.  Give me a relatively modern interface with none of the bells and whistles of a full Android package, browser capable, bluetooth, WiFi, etc.  Just give me a simple music player with a good GUI that plays music well and provides a digital out if I want to step it up a notch.  

The DX80 did offer some firmware challenges, but ultimately it settled into a nice DAP with a single basic function....play music. 

Yep. I also have both DX80 and DX100 over here.

While DX80 has better UI, faster scanning, 2 micro sd slots and hardware buttons (really miss those on the DX100, always have to turn the screen on for changing songs/albums). DX100 (on V1.4.2) imo still clearly wins on sq (more holographic, blacker background, better details / imaging) though
ksc75smile.gif

If iBasso really managed to improve on DX100s sq with the DX200 than that's quite impressive
rolleyes.gif

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #2,111 of 22,021
Quote:
  I won't bet on it, having not heard the DX200, but my experience with the DX100 has left me far more impressed than my experience with the X7 has left me.

Just like I asked Mimouille on another forum, which amp module was on the X7 you had or tried, WCDchee ? Only the default AM1 ?

I get the feeling that the use of MUSES02 + TI TPA6120A2 in the AM5 transfigured the FiiO flagship. It delivers 0.5w into 32 ohms and its voltage output is 11v, which is around 25% higher than the AM2 at 8.8v and more than doubles the AM1 which is rated at 5.2v (quoting Heafonics review there).

The sonic result I'm getting is so different from the feedback of the people who only tested the X7 with the default amp module and felt underwhelmed...

I apologize for this slight OT but I'll just say that I'm as eager as most of you are to get a listen to the DX200 to see how these two 'reasonably' priced flagships share the same qualities, as their concept are pretty similar.

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #2,112 of 22,021
  Quote:

Just like I asked Mimouille on another forum, which amp module was on the X7 you had or tried, WCDchee ? Only the default AM1 ?

I get the feeling that the use of MUSES02 + TI TPA6120A2 in the AM5 transfigured the FiiO flagship. It delivers 0.5w into 32 ohms and its voltage output is 11v, which is around 25% higher than the AM2 at 8.8v and more than doubles the AM1 which is rated at 5.2v (quoting Heafonics review there).

The sonic result I'm getting is so different from the feedback of the people who only tested the X7 with the default amp module and felt underwhelmed...

I apologize for this slight OT but I'll just say that I'm as eager as most of you are to get a listen to the DX200 to see how these two 'reasonably' priced flagships share the same qualities, as their concept are pretty similar.

I tried it on the AM2 if i am not mistaken. I mean yes it's not bad, but I just wasn't too impressed. Just my own opinion though :)

On another note, I'm also not the most fond of the Muses02, I much prefer the 01 :)

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #2,113 of 22,021
I tried it on the AM2 if i am not mistaken. I mean yes it's not bad, but I just wasn't too impressed. Just my own opinion though :)

On another note, I'm also not the most fond of the Muses02, I much prefer the 01 :)
with a single BA iem ?

Jan 6, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #2,114 of 22,021
Is there any news of the rumored DX120? The little brother to the DX200...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back