DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Oct 22, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #9,559 of 22,021
@Paul - iBasso My unit's back cover has opened from the top right and won't close back if I push it in. See pictures here https://imgur.com/a/VoRAU

Discovered this after removing the leather case (it's been on the unit since I received it. only removed when taking out SD card). Also the SD card won't come out if I push it for release.

Please advise.
Please email me at paul@ibasso.com .

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 22, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #9,560 of 22,021
Lurker, I use neutron with direct USB driver. Every time I turn the screen on USB Audio Driver displays "Screen is interactive, restarting...". Is that really required?
Such a problem first was reported by @Jumoonji. It took me almost a month to realize that there are more than one VID/PID pairs for DX200 in USB DAC mode, while I thought there is only one. USB Audio waits for a particular VID/PID device attached, and does not see it. I've PMed you with a test build of 2.5.141L2, which addresses this problem. Please continue further discussion in PM.

Oct 22, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #9,561 of 22,021
Lurker0, it is running 2.5.141L1 and all the settings are as per the post.
I've PMed you with a test build and instructions.

Oct 22, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #9,563 of 22,021
Hi Paul or any of the forumers with Amp3.

I just received my Amp3 today but I am not sure if this is normal as it does not happen on Amp1.
Every time I power up the DX200 with Amp3, the both left/right channels have a loud static noise but the left side is louder.
However, once I started playing music and stopped, the static noise goes away. It remains this way until I power-down but the static noise reappears when the DX200 is power-up again.

Please advise.
Thanks

Oct 22, 2017 at 4:51 AM Post #9,564 of 22,021

I just received my Amp3 today but I am not sure if this is normal as it does not happen on Amp1.
Every time I power up the DX200 with Amp3, the both left/right channels have a loud static noise but the left side is louder.
However, once I started playing music and stopped, the static noise goes away. It remains this way until I power-down but the static noise reappears when the DX200 is power-up again.

Please advise.
Thanks
I haven't noticed this. Is this in Android mode or native Mango mode?

Oct 22, 2017 at 4:55 AM Post #9,565 of 22,021

Please advise.
Thanks
Have you installed the latest firmware, if not, try that and see how it is. Good luck

Oct 22, 2017 at 5:56 AM Post #9,568 of 22,021
pathos.png

Guys,

I have a chance to test the PATHOS AURIUM external amplifier (it's an hybrid tubes)
here a review if you don't know it: http://www.remusic.it/EN/Pathos-Aurium-headphone-amp-6210a500

You can see attached a photo that shows it's back panel connection. For the output it has on the front only one 6,5mm output for the headphones.

My question is - looking at its back panel - what is your suggetion of "how to" connect the dx200 with it ? The heaphones could be HE-560 (for what I have both balanced and unbalanced cables) and Noble K10 unbalanced.
I have both AMP1 and AMP3 so I'm able to "Line out" from Dx200 both in unbalanced and balanced mode.
Do I have to follow a comple unbalanced path (since the PATHOS headphones output is unbalanced) or does it makes sense to enter in PATHOS through AMP3 ( so a sort of hybrid path: dx200+AMP3 lineout balanced into PATHOS and from PATHOS to headphones through unbalanced)

thanks
ciao

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #9,570 of 22,021
Use whatever you have from dx200 and input to XLR in on the pathos. I prefer line-out on dx200 and Amp3 into XLR3 L-R

ciao :)
you mean dx200 AMP3 lineout into "INPUT1" (xlr left + right) of the Pathos ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back