DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Oct 22, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #9,572 of 22,021
The loud static appears when DX200 starts up in both Android and Mango mode, only goes away when I started playing.
I am on version 2.3.125 of the firmware. Will install the v2.5 and report back.

You need the latest fw for amp3. That's exactly a symptom you get with old version and that amp module until you upgrade the fw.

Oct 22, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #9,574 of 22,021
@Paul - iBasso My unit's back cover has opened from the top right and won't close back if I push it in. See pictures here https://imgur.com/a/VoRAU

Discovered this after removing the leather case (it's been on the unit since I received it. only removed when taking out SD card). Also the SD card won't come out if I push it for release.

Please advise.

Hey there, try removing the AMP card and then pulling the cover back. Once that's done you should be able to slide it forward into position.

Oct 22, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #9,575 of 22,021
Amp4...we need Amp4...
Yes looking forward to it. I also really like the 4.4 plug, robust and a little better separation of the channels.

Oct 22, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #9,576 of 22,021
We are not allowed to read anything about the progress of copper and titanium versions:frowning2:
Sad, people behind iBasso used to engage more with the clients at the beginning of this thread.
I was even asking for a day when we can hear something, not right now, but my request and others similar ones been ignored.

Oct 22, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #9,577 of 22,021
We are not allowed to read anything about the progress of copper and titanium versions:frowning2:
Sad, people behind iBasso used to engage more with the clients at the beginning of this thread.
I was even asking for a day when we can hear something, not right now, but my request and others similar ones been ignored.
We are working on the ti and cu DX200s. I don't have much to add from past statements. We want the finish to be right and the copper plated with gold is not consistent. No one wants something that isn't near perfect and both the ti and cu are expensive to make. The nice thing about the ti is it isn't plated so it is the brushed finish we are concerned about. With the copper the plating is more of a problem. We may go with some copper only with the understanding that it will require the occasional polish. If this is understood then hopefully no one will complain if it tarnishes and needs to be polished.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 22, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #9,578 of 22,021
We are working on the ti and cu DX200s. I don't have much to add from past statements. We want the finish to be right and the copper plated with gold is not consistent. No one wants something that isn't near perfect and both the ti and cu are expensive to make. The nice thing about the ti is it isn't plated so it is the brushed finish we are concerned about. With the copper the plating is more of a problem. We may go with some copper only with the understanding that it will require the occasional polish. If this is understood then hopefully no one will complain if it tarnishes and needs to be polished.

Paul, maybe you are just splitting hairs about consistency of copper plating. Just think about it, majority of people will not carry it naked but rather in a case (hopefully a new higher end iBasso case :wink:). So, maybe it's not such a big deal? Taking care of tarnished surface will be a lot more irritating.

Also, just to make sure it's not a typo, you are NOT talking about pure copper chassis with gold platting (like WM1Z), but rather an aluminum chassis with copper and gold plating?

Oct 22, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #9,579 of 22,021
Paul, maybe you are just splitting hairs about consistency of copper plating. Just think about it, majority of people will not carry it naked but rather in a case (hopefully a new higher end iBasso case :wink:). So, maybe it's not such a big deal? Taking care of tarnished surface will be a lot more irritating.

Also, just to make sure it's not a typo, you are NOT talking about pure copper chassis with gold platting (like WM1Z), but rather an aluminum chassis with copper and gold plating?
If people know it is copper they have a choice not to buy the DX200cu with no plating. No typo. The DX200cu is CNC of pure copper. The DX200ti is CNC pure titanium.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 22, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #9,580 of 22,021
If people know it is copper they have a choice not to buy the DX200cu with no plating. No typo. The DX200cu is CNC of pure copper. The DX200ti is CNC pure titanium.

Got it! So, pure copper (DX200cu) and pure titanium (DX200ti) chassis :)

Oct 22, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #9,581 of 22,021
Pure copper can look pretty cool once it starts oxidising. Bright copper to a kind of bronze colour and finally green would make it look like something ancient with that big screen would make an amazing contrast. The way it would oxidise would mean there would be no two the same. :L3000:

Oct 22, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #9,582 of 22,021
Pure copper can look pretty cool once it starts oxidising. Bright copper to a kind of bronze colour and finally green would make it look like something ancient with that big screen would make an amazing contrast. The way it would oxidise would mean there would be no two the same. :L3000:

Good point, but I still think many will have it inside of the case. Better grip and to keep it off the table surface to prevent scratches :wink:

Oct 22, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #9,583 of 22,021
Good point, but I still think many will have it inside of the case. Better grip and to keep it off the table surface to prevent scratches :wink:
I totally agree, my 200 is always in its case. It’s out of the case now, only as I’m burning in the Amp 3. As soon as that’s done it’s going straight back in.
On the other hand, minor scratches are easily polished out out of pure copper. I’d still keep it in the case though :grimacing:

Oct 22, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #9,584 of 22,021
I would prefer the cu without gold plating myself. Use a satin finish to lock in the beauty....

na8ugiehtrxfeokhfenc.jpg

Oct 22, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #9,585 of 22,021
^
That's too big of a DAP to fit in the pocket tho'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back