DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Oct 20, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #9,527 of 22,021
Yeah, I'm considering it. I can use AMP1 for the balanced output in the meantime. But to tell the truth they sound great SE. I've run the battery down on the DX200 today...lol

Oct 20, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #9,529 of 22,021
I heard that amp4 is coming soon. That was weeks/months ago.

Just trying to understand the definition of "soon". :)
Are we a few weeks away or few months?
Anyone has more details?

Can't wait to try it.

Thanks

Oct 21, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #9,531 of 22,021
Has anyone being able to successfully connect the DX-200 with a 2m USB-C male to to USB-C male cable? I've purchased such a cable which was advertised as as being compliant with USB 3.1 Gen 2 SuperSpeed etc etc. However it will only charge the DX200. I cannot get the DX-200 to prompt the USB mode to select file transfer.

This is the cable that I purchased,

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/alogic-2m-usb-31-typec-cable-mm-ac06055

I also attempted to connect the USB-C end of a Sandisk Ultra Dual Drive USB to the cable (with a female to female USB-C adapter) to this same cable and the PC does not detect it. Plugging the drive directly in the USB-C socket (at the rear of the PC- hence the reason for the 2m cable) presents no issues.

This is the adapter that I purchased,

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Replacem...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Oct 21, 2017 at 6:36 AM Post #9,532 of 22,021
USB type C is special, it needs authentication chip on the cables ends, and the device itself. Otherwise, it won’t work as advertised. Take IPad Pro and quick charge usb type C feature. It was never advertised until ifixit opened up the iPad Pro. The tricky part is that you just can not use any usb type C to lightning to quick charge the iPad Pro, but it has to to be Apple cables, because there is that “chip” inside it. Once you have this authentic cables, you can use anything that has type C output with correct specs to quick charge the iPad Pro.

Now, I can also use this to charge other iPads that has lightning, but it will not do any quick charge, because there is no chip inside them

Oct 21, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #9,534 of 22,021
Yes, I connect that way all the time. The cable I have comes from Google and works for all the USB C devices I have.

Has anyone being able to successfully connect the DX-200 with a 2m USB-C male to to USB-C male cable? I've purchased such a cable which was advertised as as being compliant with USB 3.1 Gen 2 SuperSpeed etc etc. However it will only charge the DX200. I cannot get the DX-200 to prompt the USB mode to select file transfer.

Oct 21, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #9,535 of 22,021
Has anyone being able to successfully connect the DX-200 with a 2m USB-C male to to USB-C male cable?
From my experience, cables longer than 1m will not work with DX200. The problem, as I understand, is that, internally, USB interface is connected via a switch between the SOC and XMOS chip, to implement USB DAC mode, in which XMOS chip takes over the USB connection. This switch has a negative impact leading to the restriction to the cable length.

USB type C is special, it needs authentication chip on the cables ends, and the device itself.
No, nothing special. Don't mess with Apple devices!

Oct 21, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #9,536 of 22,021
You know you have fell in love with a product when you are buying leather cases etc when you dont even need them :gs1000smile:
My only one very slight concern is battery life. I use with Tidal and Wifi and it appears to drain the battery quite a lot.

Oct 21, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #9,537 of 22,021
Ok as soon as I post above I have my first issue.
I am unable to access anything except Mango player.
All I did that was different to what I normally do is as follows. I pressed the button to power off the unit, but then instead of hitting the power off logo I pressed Mango instead.
I am now unable to get back to any other areas like my Tidal app etc. I have tried powering on and off a few times.
Will I have to do a factory reset? If so will I have to go through all of the procedures again to install the Tidal app?
Any help much appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back