DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 25, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #3,151 of 22,021
In Mango mode, just after the system started, I cannot skip to next song. Sometimes waiting for around 30 seconds is needed in order to back to normal.

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #3,152 of 22,021
Hello, how often do you scan the sd card?. It is that I just upgraded and lost my playlists and music did not recognize.

I also have a problem with a file dsf that fails to acknowledge each individual track, I just played as if it were a long song.
anyone has this problem and it could solve?

Best regards

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #3,153 of 22,021
I also have a problem with a file dsf that fails to acknowledge each individual track, I just played as if it were a long song.
Do you mean, you have DSF+CUE, properly named, and the player does not recognize your CUE to show the tracks? In a DSF file alone there is no information about tracks.

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #3,154 of 22,021
In Mango mode, just after the system started, I cannot skip to next song. Sometimes waiting for around 30 seconds is needed in order to back to normal.

Please use our latest firmware from our download site on ibasso.com and do a factory reset.
Hello, how often do you scan the sd card?. It is that I just upgraded and lost my playlists and music did not recognize.

anyone has this problem and it could solve?

Best regards

If you have updated to the latest firmware from our site please try a factory reset. The user manual can also be found on our site under the DX200 on page 6.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 26, 2017 at 12:39 AM Post #3,155 of 22,021
I had updated the latest firmware once I bought the device. Also, I scan my database completely. One more thing, mango player crashed everytime when I scan the SD card only under Android mode, it is ok if I scan both internal and SD card.

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #3,156 of 22,021

Yes I agree, that's what I try to do...tell what music you're using, what genre, etc. 

My issue is that I'm using the volume too high. I like things loud and clear and punchy...So I'm concerned about how I had the volume up at 130 with my Alpha Primes...and I would have liked it louder...maybe...lol

omg be careful not to hurt your ears..

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #3,157 of 22,021
  Just took a quick break from burn in (24hrs playing non-stop so far) to hear the progress, and indeed sound is starting to open up nicely.  Don't want to jump into sound analysis yet since it needs more hours, but dx200 is already starting to approach LPG level of performance in terms of soundstage expansion, transparency, and resolution.  I'm definitely seeing high potential.

Updated to the latest firmware and did the factory reset.  Keep in mind, Factory reset will erase all the music from internal memory and all the apps that you have installed, bringing it back to the factory default setting.  So, I would advice keeping music on uSD card since factory reset shouldn't touch it.  Another observation, just like with X7, you will have Android Mode and Mango mode (like a pure music mode).  When you start DX200, by default it loads Android Mode and you can use Mango audio player, but it's just a player and you are still in Android mode where you can stream and run other apps.  Pressing and holding Power button will give you an option to Shut down, Reboot, or Switch to Mango OS mode (the pure music mode).  When you switch to that mode, interface is nearly identical to DX80.

I did a quick test with a number of C/IEMs, sorry, still a bit obsessed with hissing.  Now, I hear Andromeda nearly quiet, and so does other iems like K10UA, U12, W900, UERR, Vega, IT03.  The ES60 has a very faint hissing.  So, it's only down to Zeus XRA (using it with PWA 1960 4wire cable) which has a noticeable hissing.  Everything else is pretty quiet when I pause the music, and most of my cables are balanced terminated so majority of testing was done from 2.5mm port.  Btw, FANTASTIC pair up with IT03 + CB12 (iBasso's 8-conductor hybrid balanced cable), and that's only after 24hrs of burn in.  Great pair up with Vega too.  Not everything else had the best pair up, but it's too early to jump into any conclusion since burn in is still in progress and the sound is still changing.

A few issues were already mentioned.  There is a click when switching between sampling rates (44.1kHz and 48kHz), but not when you are playing songs with a same sampling rate.  I would like to see a touch screen volume slider (like in A&K or Opus daps, or i5/X7) for a quick volume adjustment, otherwise takes a bit too long turning the volume knob when you switch between headphones with different sensitivity..  Under Mango OS "pure music" mode, I noticed clock stays in 24hr format.  In Mango music app, the fast forward bar time marker is rather big and square, while I like a cleaner look of Mango OS player and it's "dot" marker.

Not too crazy about leather case.  I mean, it works, but I got a bit spoiled with Dignis cases.  The biggest gripe here is that on the front it extends and covers half of the volume wheel, making it harder to reach it.  But I still prefer using leather case for a more secure grip, rather than going naked.

As others mentioned, packaging is pure class, definitely gives you a feeling you are dealing with a premium product.  USB-C cable is high quality, looks nice.

Will continue with a burn in to get to 100hr mark before sharing any sound impressions.  But so far I'm impressed!

I have DX200 and LPG dropping in at the same time. Both are simultaneously burning in. At this point (> 30 hrs) I perceived bigger staging on DX200 than LPG. Not much on the width but the depth of DX200 (balanced) is noticeably deeper than LPG could go using my T8ieMKII. Resolution I give LPG a slight edge only because LPG appears more energetic (perhaps too much). I like how DX200 presents details especially at the low-end. Everything is clear with the feeling that it's being forced in your face.

Both LPG and DX200 hits hard, but DX200 seems to have a fuller and more denser presentation while LPG seems to be flatter 

Jan 26, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #3,160 of 22,021
  I just did another comparison of the Sony 1A and 200 on Michael Jackson's, Thriller, Beat It, on DSD. Before comparing I again matched the volume with a sound level meter. Using the Utopia I was surprised that when I matched not using the meter but by ear, I was playing the 1A a little louder. After matching I realized why, the DX200 is more dynamic and in order to match the subjective loudness, I turn the 1A up more. When matched it is apparent how the DX200 is more dynamic and presents details and imaging in a cleaner manner. Even when I turned the 1A up in volume, it still didn't have the dynamic contrasts of sound. I am going to continue burning them both in as this is interesting. 

bro able to compare with the HM901S.. thanks

Jan 26, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #3,162 of 22,021

Hi Mr. Headwhacker!

So what is better plays comparing 10 devices? Is there 3 winners?
What do you think about DX200 SQ?
Many thanks!

Based on SQ alone, my top sources so far is DX200, LPG, Hugo and DP-X1A. N5, is too warm and it hiss a lot on iems. P5K hiss a lot and under-powered even for iem. Have not listen to AK320 in a while so I'll do a comparison once DX200 and LPG has enough burn-in (mostly my brain burn-in) and my NT-6 is back from repairs. I only liked AK320 using my NT-6 and sound flat and boring with anything else.

My R10 has a bad battery so I can't compare anymore, M1 is just ok for iems alone and only used it as a transport for Hugo. Fiio X7, is a bit disppointing in a sense that I can't use it long enough to make a meaningful impressions because of software bugs. Also with AM3 it picks up RF interference. It's has a slightly noticeable hiss on my T8ieMKII. 

Jan 26, 2017 at 3:10 AM Post #3,163 of 22,021
  don't see that issue yet. Are you on the latest FW?

I got it only once, it happens occasionally on any android device running a third party launcher in my experience

Jan 26, 2017 at 3:22 AM Post #3,164 of 22,021
Based on SQ alone, my top sources so far is DX200, LPG, Hugo and DP-X1A. N5, is too warm and it hiss a lot on iems. P5K hiss a lot and under-powered even for iem. Have not listen to AK320 in a while so I'll do a comparison once DX200 and LPG has enough burn-in (mostly my brain burn-in) and my NT-6 is back from repairs. I only liked AK320 using my NT-6 and sound flat and boring with anything else.

My R10 has a bad battery so I can't compare anymore, M1 is just ok for iems alone and only used it as a transport for Hugo. Fiio X7, is a bit disppointing in a sense that I can't use it long enough to make a meaningful impressions because of software bugs. Also with AM3 it picks up RF interference. It's has a slightly noticeable hiss on my T8ieMKII. 
LPG better than Hugo ? DX200 better than Hugo? No way.

Jan 26, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #3,165 of 22,021
For people who use playlist, no issue on the DX200, just put your M3U files on the root, then using Mango select it and import it.

Path should be as follows : 

/storage/default/Gesaffelstein - Aleph/02 - Gesaffelstein - Pursuit.flac for files on the SD card

/storage/emulated/0/Music/00 - New Music/Abi Wade - And Blood and Air/01 - Abi Wade - Green Youth Great Plans.flac for files in the internal memory

Users who are viewing this thread

Back