DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 25, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #3,136 of 22,021
I don't know if it is only me that have the problem. I wanna know whether I need to do factory reset or not.

When I play 24bit/96kHz songs in Mango Player (Android Mode), I randomly hear the glitch sound in between the songs. It is kind of black dot sound like short circuit occur in 2.5 balanced output.
But there is no problem when playing in Pure Music Mango OS.

I have also checked my IEM (U12) with other DAPs with the same micro SD card, I didn't face this problem.

I have read that in dx200 thread in Munkong forum that this sound is happen because DAC when change bitrate.

Are you in this condition ?

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #3,137 of 22,021

What I find most interesting, is that concurrently whilst trying to do an analytical listen, I find myself enjoying the music itself eventually (rather quickly) being lost in the 
music so that I forget what I am actually doing (listening as a reviewer), which has seldom happened, and is always a good sign.

SAME HERE lol

That's my biggest problem with this thing...I end up getting lost in the musicality of the piece and have to pull myself back to reality.

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #3,138 of 22,021
I have read that in dx200 thread in Munkong forum that this sound is happen because DAC when change bitrate.

In that thread mentions about when you change songs from 44.1 kHz to 48/96 KHz and vice versa.

But my case is I found in between as the current song plays. but it randomly occurs. Once I rewind back, I find it normal but again after playing a while, it happens at different points of the song.

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #3,139 of 22,021
Everyone hears differently and each has their personal preference, but they also have different equipment which is objective information.
So I'd like guys to mention which IEM, Amp, or info of music they're using when comparing.

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #3,140 of 22,021

I can confirm this also. I just tried it and sure enough...there was this pop/crackling sound. It came by fast and was gone.

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #3,141 of 22,021
  Everyone hears differently and each has their personal preference, but they also have different equipment which is objective information.
So I'd like guys to mention which IEM, Amp, or info of music they're using when comparing.

Yes I agree, that's what I try to do...tell what music you're using, what genre, etc. 

My issue is that I'm using the volume too high. I like things loud and clear and punchy...So I'm concerned about how I had the volume up at 130 with my Alpha Primes...and I would have liked it louder...maybe...lol

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #3,142 of 22,021
Yes I agree, that's what I try to do...tell what music you're using, what genre, etc. 

My issue is that I'm using the volume too high. I like things loud and clear and punchy...So I'm concerned about how I had the volume up at 130 with my Alpha Primes...and I would have liked it louder...maybe...lol

Oh man, take care of your ears
Don't listen too loud too long

:)

Jan 25, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #3,143 of 22,021
Oh man, take care of your ears
Don't listen too loud too long

smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks and yes I know. I don't listen that long to anything at that volume. 

Jan 25, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #3,145 of 22,021
I agree and don't consider myself to be an expert in amplifier design/filtering :D   There is some noise floor I hear with other sensitive IEMs such as Andromeda, ES60, the background is not pitch black with sensitive IEMs.  And as you amplify the signal, in theory you raise both ends (signal and noise), lifting the noise floor as well, right?  So perhaps a more IEM-friendly amp module without output power overkill to give more dynamic volume range for sensitive iems while keeping the noise floor down and drawing less current to extend battery life would be a good idea :wink:   Of course, you can consider this as a biased request since I'm mostly vested into IEMs, including a number of sensitive ones.
The Zeus should not be used as a reference for hissing. They hiss with almost everything, including the AL Rx made specifically for iems. They even hiss with the Mojo, though not a lot. The only player that had no hiss with them is the AK240 but it is as powerful as a newborn baby.

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #3,148 of 22,021
Just took a quick break from burn in (24hrs playing non-stop so far) to hear the progress, and indeed sound is starting to open up nicely.  Don't want to jump into sound analysis yet since it needs more hours, but dx200 is already starting to approach LPG level of performance in terms of soundstage expansion, transparency, and resolution.  I'm definitely seeing high potential.

Updated to the latest firmware and did the factory reset.  Keep in mind, Factory reset will erase all the music from internal memory and all the apps that you have installed, bringing it back to the factory default setting.  So, I would advice keeping music on uSD card since factory reset shouldn't touch it.  Another observation, just like with X7, you will have Android Mode and Mango mode (like a pure music mode).  When you start DX200, by default it loads Android Mode and you can use Mango audio player, but it's just a player and you are still in Android mode where you can stream and run other apps.  Pressing and holding Power button will give you an option to Shut down, Reboot, or Switch to Mango OS mode (the pure music mode).  When you switch to that mode, interface is nearly identical to DX80.

I did a quick test with a number of C/IEMs, sorry, still a bit obsessed with hissing.  Now, I hear Andromeda nearly quiet, and so does other iems like K10UA, U12, W900, UERR, Vega, IT03.  The ES60 has a very faint hissing.  So, it's only down to Zeus XRA (using it with PWA 1960 4wire cable) which has a noticeable hissing.  Everything else is pretty quiet when I pause the music, and most of my cables are balanced terminated so majority of testing was done from 2.5mm port.  Btw, FANTASTIC pair up with IT03 + CB12 (iBasso's 8-conductor hybrid balanced cable), and that's only after 24hrs of burn in.  Great pair up with Vega too.  Not everything else had the best pair up, but it's too early to jump into any conclusion since burn in is still in progress and the sound is still changing.

A few issues were already mentioned.  There is a click when switching between sampling rates (44.1kHz and 48kHz), but not when you are playing songs with a same sampling rate.  I would like to see a touch screen volume slider (like in A&K or Opus daps, or i5/X7) for a quick volume adjustment, otherwise takes a bit too long turning the volume knob when you switch between headphones with different sensitivity..  Under Mango OS "pure music" mode, I noticed clock stays in 24hr format.  In Mango music app, the fast forward bar time marker is rather big and square, while I like a cleaner look of Mango OS player and it's "dot" marker.

Not too crazy about leather case.  I mean, it works, but I got a bit spoiled with Dignis cases.  The biggest gripe here is that on the front it extends and covers half of the volume wheel, making it harder to reach it.  But I still prefer using leather case for a more secure grip, rather than going naked.

As others mentioned, packaging is pure class, definitely gives you a feeling you are dealing with a premium product.  USB-C cable is high quality, looks nice.

Will continue with a burn in to get to 100hr mark before sharing any sound impressions.  But so far I'm impressed!

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #3,149 of 22,021

I agree and don't consider myself to be an expert in amplifier design/filtering
biggrin.gif
  There is some noise floor I hear with other sensitive IEMs such as Andromeda, ES60, the background is not pitch black with sensitive IEMs.  And as you amplify the signal, in theory you raise both ends (signal and noise), lifting the noise floor as well, right?  So perhaps a more IEM-friendly amp module without output power overkill to give more dynamic volume range for sensitive iems while keeping the noise floor down and drawing less current to extend battery life would be a good idea
wink.gif
  Of course, you can consider this as a biased request since I'm mostly vested into IEMs, including a number of sensitive ones.

The Zeus should not be used as a reference for hissing. They hiss with almost everything, including the AL Rx made specifically for iems. They even hiss with the Mojo, though not a lot. The only player that had no hiss with them is the AK240 but it is as powerful as a newborn baby.

True, similar to ak240, I only find ak120ii to be hiss free with Zeus.  But ak120ii doesn't do justice to Zeus tuning, while even with hissing, DX200 has a pretty good synergy with it.

Jan 25, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #3,150 of 22,021
  I don't know if it is only me that have the problem. I wanna know whether I need to do factory reset or not.

When I play 24bit/96kHz songs in Mango Player (Android Mode), I randomly hear the glitch sound in between the songs. It is kind of black dot sound like short circuit occur in 2.5 balanced output.
But there is no problem when playing in Pure Music Mango OS.

I have also checked my IEM (U12) with other DAPs with the same micro SD card, I didn't face this problem.

I put this on the list.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back