DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 26, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #3,167 of 22,021
Maybe I get used to those quick charging on mobile phones, charging is slow for dx200. Of coz I understand superior DAC run at high power consumption, I roughly calculate it takes 25% for 2 hours playback. Thats why I dream for a fast charging just like fiio X5 gen 3...

Jan 26, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #3,168 of 22,021
Yes, it is a dsf+cue. On my pc I have no problems to recognize it by A +.

Should what do it to make it recognize it?

I avoid using cue, for it is has no good enough support on DAPs. The common restrictions are:
  1. One audio file per one cue file.
  2. Names of audio and cue files must be the same, only having different extensions.
  3. Only one INDEX record per track in the cue file.

Jan 26, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #3,169 of 22,021
The way I use DX200 from its Android player there's only one thing I require. The ability to change volume onscreen within the app after turning the wheel, that's all I'll ever need personally. (I bet Paul wishes everyone was this easy to please)

I've tried the mango player but personally it sounded a little dull to me and I experienced some lagging plus a few little things glitching out.... The good news is DX200's Android (iBasso app) player looks about 10 times better, 5 times faster and (to my ears) sounds better. I'm not sure if the mango player is going to be jazzed up any further or updated its pretty plain Jane atm.

PS: There is a way to change volume onscreen when using the Android player. You can either zip back to the home screen and rotate the volume (an Android volume icon will appear), and also same thing at the lock screen.

Jan 26, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #3,171 of 22,021
Actually I don't know what you mean by Android player. I only have Mango.

When you first boot the player what do you see? Do you see a home screen like a smartphone has?

When I boot my DX200 it goes straight to a home screen with icons like a smartphone would have. Included in those icons is the iBasso app player. When the player is on and then you hold the power button down there will be three options.

1. Shut Down
  2. Reboot
  3. To Mango

If you select to Mango the DX200 will reboot and you'll see what I assume is pure player mode with a user interface very close to what DX80 uses. 

Android home screen:

Option to go into Mango at the bottom after holding the power button.

Jan 26, 2017 at 8:34 AM Post #3,173 of 22,021
I have the Android home screen. I have never tried to go to Mango pure player but I don't see why it would be different soundwise. The player on the Android home screen is Mango as well.

Two Mangos? Mango pure player, and Android Mango player. 
biggrin.gif

See if others can confirm further.  

Jan 26, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #3,174 of 22,021
I don't know if I imagine. I found pure music mode sound thicker than android mode.

Jan 26, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #3,175 of 22,021
Anyway, here's some pics of what the Mango / Pure Player mode looks like, DX80 owners would feel right at home.

its quite plain simple black/white theme.

Once you select this mode it will continue booting into this firmware until deciding to switch back.

To go back into Android mode the option is in the advanced settings menu.

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #3,178 of 22,021
H20Fidelity

Have you detected any difference in sound between Android Mango and pure Mango?

I think I did. but let's take it with some salt because it was very quick, no more than 2-minutes. I felt the Pure Mango sounded a little bit veiled, dull, missing some transparency and it made me switch back.  Was tested with one song I've been cranking all day with the Android Mango player.

At this stage I prefer the Android based interface/player and sound. 

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #3,179 of 22,021
Aomeone said Mango on Android downsamples hi res files. Why bothering having dualboot if not?

You misunderstand. Mango in either android or pure is native sampling. Only playing with Third party app (neutron, hiby) is not native.

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:12 AM Post #3,180 of 22,021

I think I did. but let's take it with some salt because it was very quick, no more than 2-minutes. I felt the Pure Mango sounded a little bit veiled, dull, missing some transparency and it made me switch back.  Was tested with one song I've been cranking all day with the Android Mango player.

At this stage I prefer the Android based interface/player and sound. 

but I think that's partially because it is not fully burnt-in. At first stage of burning, I also prefer android. Then after 100+ hr, I prefer pure music mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back