DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 26, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #3,181 of 22,021
but I think that's partially because it is not fully burnt-in. At first stage of burning, I also prefer android. Then after 100+ hr, I prefer pure music mode.
I really don't see how burn in has anything to do with it. If there was a difference between the two, it should be related to software.

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #3,182 of 22,021
I really don't see how burn in has anything to do with it. If there was a difference between the two, it should be related to software.

Umm. I think like this... At first the bass is not tight, the vocal and treble is still not open.

Android (brighter)  help treble and vocal clearer than Pure mode at first stage

Then after burning in, bass is tighten, vocal and treble is clearer. Then Pure mode + Burn-in sound = Musical = More Perfect combination. 

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #3,184 of 22,021
I tried to listen back and fort between pure music mode and Android mode, I don't think I can hear anything significantly different. Just quite difficult to be certain if there is like seconds of delays between switching. I reckon in pure music mode the battery life may last a little bit longer. Though the touch screen is not as responsive as the Android mode.

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #3,185 of 22,021
I've not been able to put the DX200 unit down all day, it's really addictive, I find despite the thick dynamic detail levels it doesn't get fatiguing. I've been cranking one song over and over at some stages whilst browsing instagram on my phone. The quality of music with DX200 / Tralucent Ref.1 really forms an awesome connection with the pictures.

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #3,187 of 22,021
I've not been able to put the DX200 unit down all day, it's really addictive, I find despite the thick dynamic detail levels it doesn't get fatiguing. I've been cranking one song over and over at some stages whilst browsing instagram on my phone. The quality of music with DX200 / Tralucent Ref.1 really forms an awesome connection with the pictures.

I have been switching between DX200 and LPG for the past 4 days. Both are very addictive. So far I have only used T8ie and Sakura+ (HD800 for about an hour) and it seems I can't get enough headtime for both in one day. I can only imagine once I got my NT-6 and Fitear 333, it's a very big problem How I can have more time to listen with different combinations.

Jan 26, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #3,188 of 22,021
I have been switching between DX200 and LPG for the past 4 days. Both are very addictive. So far I have only used T8ie and Sakura+ (HD800 for about an hour) and it seems I can't get enough headtime for both in one day. I can only imagine once I got my NT-6 and Fitear 333, it's a very big problem How I can have more time to listen with different combinations.

Can you tell, please, what the biggest difference in sound between lpg and dx200? And what they have similar?

Jan 26, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #3,189 of 22,021

I have the Android home screen. I have never tried to go to Mango pure player but I don't see why it would be different soundwise. The player on the Android home screen is Mango as well.

Two Mangos? Mango pure player, and Android Mango player. 
biggrin.gif

See if others can confirm further.  

I wrote about it yesterday in my "short" first impression: http://www.head-fi.org/t/791531/dx200-details-features-and-specifications-1st-page-with-wifi-and-bluetooth-interchangeable-amps/3135#post_13207303

Yes, you have android app from iBasso "Mango" audio player and you can also boot into Mango "pure music" OS which I assume strips down all the unnecessary android processes, similar to X7.

Also, I believe it was mentioned that iBasso Mango audio player app might be down sampling but I'm not sure.  When you look under setting in that Mango app (in full android mode), SRC is off and you can't switch it on, yet.  Android native drivers have Sample Rate Conversion (SRC) limitation which downsamples all the audio to a common lower sample rate.  I'm not sure what does SRC OFF means in Android Mango player.  Maybe, it means that SRC override is disabled? and Android downsamples the rate, or maybe in a future they will implement bypass of it (like Hiby does in their apps and how they do in fw which Hiby writes for Fiio and Cayin) so we can switch between SRC on/off.  But when you load a pure music mode, Mango "OS"  which as you correctly pointed out looks exactly like DX80 interface - you no longer have to worry about downsampling.

Jan 26, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #3,191 of 22,021
Didn't Paul stated that Mango was their attempt at Native sampling rate and no down sampling at all ?

Yeah, better wait for Paul to chime in with a reply.  Otherwise, we are just speculating.  Mango app definitely has SRC control which right now grayed out with "SRC OFF".  I'm just not sure what it means, enabled/disabled.  And if there is no downsampling, why even bother to have Sample Rate Conversion (SRC) option?

Jan 26, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #3,192 of 22,021
It's been said before that there is no downsampling. In either Android or pure Mango everything is played native

Jan 26, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #3,193 of 22,021

You don't know about software burn in?
smile.gif
I guess some might hear the hardware burning in and may assume it is the software. Or they hear a difference.

Didn't Paul stated that Mango was their attempt at Native sampling rate and no down sampling at all ?

We were first to find a way to work around the Android system with the DX100 so that it does not downsample. The DX200 does not downsample in Android or Mango. That would defeat the purpose of a good music player. Many apps do downsample but we can not control that.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jan 26, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #3,194 of 22,021
In reference to a previous question about battery life playing 24/192 AIFF/FLAC and 2.8 /5.6 DSD files only, battery life has been 4.5 - 5.0 hours over several charge / discharge cycles with the following settings:

Mango OS
Low gain
Vol. setting: 60
No EQ
Balanced TRRS 2.5
Shure SE486 iems

Questions for Paul@ibasso:
1. Is there already screen protector applied? (It looks like there is)
2. Is it PET or  TPU material?
3. Can it be removed without damage to the screen? (I would like to use a tempered glass one instead).

Thanks in advance.

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #3,195 of 22,021
  In reference to a previous question about battery life playing 24/192 AIFF/FLAC and 2.8 /5.6 DSD files only, battery life has been 4.5 - 5.0 hours over several charge / discharge cycles with the following settings:

Mango OS
Low gain
Vol. setting: 60
No EQ
Balanced TRRS 2.5
Shure SE486 iems

Questions for Paul@ibasso:
1. Is there already screen protector applied? (It looks like there is)
2. Is it PET or  TPU material?
3. Can it be removed without damage to the screen? (I would like to use a tempered glass one instead).

Thanks in advance.

It can be removed but I don't know which it is. I never paid attention to that but I will call one of the engineers and wake him up to ask him. If he gets mad please give me your phone number so I can have him call you. Do you understand foul Mandarin?

I will try to find out.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back