DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 26, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #3,211 of 22,021
That's great, Paul!  So, Mango app will not downsample, and of course in Mango OS mode nothing is downsampled either!  What is a meaning of "SRC off" button in your Mango player?  I mean, it looks like it's not enabled, maybe will be enabled in the future update.  But what does it toggle?

See post 3196. Currently SRC is not functional but will be enabled via firmware update at some time in the future to work with other apps. (according to iBasso) It is used to toggle different sample rates.

Jan 26, 2017 at 5:31 PM Post #3,215 of 22,021

That's great, Paul!  So, Mango app will not downsample, and of course in Mango OS mode nothing is downsampled either!  What is a meaning of "SRC off" button in your Mango player?  I mean, it looks like it's not enabled, maybe will be enabled in the future update.  But what does it toggle?

See post 3196. Currently SRC is not functional but will be enabled via firmware update at some time in the future to work with other apps. (according to iBasso) It is used to toggle different sample rates.

I know, you said "SRC is currently nonfunctional but will be implemented in a future firmware update." while Paul suggested "The DX200 does not downsample in Android or Mango."  To me, nonfunctional means SRC is enabled and audio will be downsampled, while it contradicts what Paul is saying.  Besides, Mango android app also says "SRC off" meaning sample rate conversion to downsample the audio is OFF.

Jan 26, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #3,216 of 22,021
I have a question regarding streaming clients like tidal or spotify. Is it possible to use it in offline mode? Thanks

Yes it possible and it work flawlessly, and you can stored it on internal or sdcard. No problems so far with dx200.

Jan 26, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #3,218 of 22,021

I know, you said "SRC is currently nonfunctional but will be implemented in a future firmware update." while Paul suggested "The DX200 does not downsample in Android or Mango."  To me, nonfunctional means SRC is enabled and audio will be downsampled, while it contradicts what Paul is saying.  Besides, Mango android app also says "SRC off" meaning sample rate conversion to downsample the audio is OFF.

I think you are way overthinking this matter. Does not matter if you can toggle the button on and off if the function is not implemented. 

Jan 26, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #3,219 of 22,021

I think you are way overthinking this matter. Does not matter if you can toggle the button on and off if the function is not implemented. 

Oh, I know, I'm just splitting hairs
biggrin.gif

Jan 26, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #3,220 of 22,021
You guys find the UI... Different? I loaded songs up, but had to go through the menus to get it to play. Also, when in now playing I had the options stuck on that screen, couldn't figure out how to get them off. Had to reboot.

Plus, I have to reformat an SD card to get it to play, and it only plays with this device? Is that accurate?

Listening to it now as I walk, great sounding player. Briefly had my isine20s, seemed like an excellent match.

Jan 26, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #3,221 of 22,021
You guys find the UI... Different? I loaded songs up, but had to go through the menus to get it to play. Also, when in now playing I had the options stuck on that screen, couldn't figure out how to get them off. Had to reboot.

Plus, I have to reformat an SD card to get it to play, and it only plays with this device? Is that accurate?

Listening to it now as I walk, great sounding player. Briefly had my isine20s, seemed like an excellent match.

The UI works by swiping the screens left/right. When you're on the now playing screen (where the app opens) swipe the screen across ways.

Jan 26, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #3,222 of 22,021

When you configure your card, you have the option to make it specific to the DX200 or not. Once you choose the option to format it for the DX200, you no longer are able to use that card in other devices.

Jan 26, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #3,223 of 22,021
The UI works by swiping the screens left/right. When you're on the now playing screen (where the app opens) swipe the screen across ways.

That's what I was doing, but every time I went back to now playing the options were there. Hasn't happened since reboot.

When you configure your card, you have the option to make it specific to the DX200 or not.

Really? OK. Good, I didn't see that option. I only had 2 cards with me, one I'm not reformatting, the other I tried. It said it was corrupt and the format failed. I have to find my other 200gb card... It's lost somewhere in the black hole, also known as my bedroom. Fortunately there is internal memory to hold me over.

Jan 26, 2017 at 10:07 PM Post #3,224 of 22,021
I have 100 hours on the DX200 now.

Trying out a Litz balanced cable with the Vegas for the first time.

I loaded up a lot of music last night, so I have many new tunes to enjoy.

Android Mango. I have to try solo Mango

Users who are viewing this thread

Back