DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 27, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #3,242 of 22,021
Ok I tried the pure music mode for the first time. I detected no obvious sound difference but I am amazed no one mentioned the pure music mode works much less well than the Android mode! Or maybe it is just mine. When I swipe sideways, it take like two full seconds to change screen, it is extremely laggy.

Plus the playlist that works in Android doesn't work in pure mode. Even if I rescaned and reloaded. Actually, scrap that, it is just that in pure music mode the path is different. But I still can't make playlist work as correcting the path isn't enough.

Really weird that the pure music mode that bypasses all Android stuff should be much slower.

Jan 27, 2017 at 6:00 AM Post #3,243 of 22,021
And there I was hoping that they'd released a more stable OS  with the DAP from start, but no... A bit sad that it'll be a third party modder who will get it right and not iBasso themselves. They should hire that Russian chap who releases many fixed FWs.

Jan 27, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #3,244 of 22,021
  And there I was hoping that they'd released a more stable OS  with the DAP from start, but no... A bit sad that it'll be a third party modder who will get it right and not iBasso themselves. They should hire that Russian chap who releases many fixed FWs.

Actually, both players in Android mode and Pure mode are iBasso formulated. Just the Android version (which is in app form) is more polished at this stage and preferable to use by many. I agree, the Pure music mode which resembles DX80 is a little laggy, I had mentioned that a few pages back when we were discovering the pure mode last night. Good news is the iBasso Android player is very much stable and used by the majority with little complaints.

Jan 27, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #3,245 of 22,021
Ok I tried the pure music mode for the first time. I detected no obvious sound difference but I am amazed no one mentioned the pure music mode works much less well than the Android mode! Or maybe it is just mine. When I swipe sideways, it take like two full seconds to change screen, it is extremely laggy.

Plus the playlist that works in Android doesn't work in pure mode. Even if I rescaned and reloaded. Actually, scrap that, it is just that in pure music mode the path is different. But I still can't make playlist work as correcting the path isn't enough.

Really weird that the pure music mode that bypasses all Android stuff should be much slower.

Mentioned it earlier in the thread. Even after numerous resets, different SD cards etc. it is still laggy.

Clearly a software not hardware issue, so no doubt this will be ameliorated soon.

Jan 27, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #3,246 of 22,021
I don't know. The DX100 software never got stable enough. Only those talented third party FW programmers saved it. For $830, that's not so great. Now five years later and $869, it seems to be starting off the same way.
The hardware is top notch, maybe best in class, since some say it gives the AK380 a run for its money, but iBasso really needs to get the software polished perfectly. I will not suffer the same experience again, no matter how great it sounds.

Jan 27, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #3,247 of 22,021
  I don't know. The DX100 software never got stable enough. Only those third party FW saved it. For $830, that's not so great. Now five years later and $869, it seems to be starting off the same way.
The hardware is top notch, maybe best in class, since some say it gives the AK380 a run for its money, but iBasso really needs to get the software polished perfectly. I will not suffer the same experience again, no matter how great it sounds.

Its nothing like you're describing sorry, I take it you've read very little of the thread, I have DX200 here beside me.

What you need to realize is DX200 has two different bootable firmware modes unlike your ordinary DAP. It has an Android firmware (like a smartphone) being its main focus with a notably polished speedy player app made by iBasso (which the majority are using) The app is fast, colorful sleek and basically doing everything people ask of it bug free.

You can also reboot the player into alternative firmware called "Pure Mode' which turns the unit into a music player only with the same user Interface as DX80 which I never use. Its only this section which displays some lag, and to add I'm sure it will be improved.

Two modes, completely separate from each other. 

Jan 27, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #3,249 of 22,021
I don't know. The DX100 software never got stable enough. Only those talented third party FW programmers saved it. For $830, that's not so great. Now five years later and $869, it seems to be starting off the same way.

Dude you are overeacting. DX200 has many things to improve software-wise. But it's from from what DX100 was. There was a video showing the Android mode. It's exactly the same performance as the DX200 now in my hands. As mentioned, the laggy interface is only happening in pure music mode which you don't need to use nor going to miss anything using the android mode

Jan 27, 2017 at 7:20 AM Post #3,250 of 22,021
Nu înțeleg ce ai vrut să zici.Scrie și tu în limba engleză.

Originally Posted by otta56 

Xie xie nin! Man zou. Wo bu yao ta ma wo.
Gong xi fa cai. Wan sui ru yi.
Lasa-l musicday, e bine si in chineza :p
Daca poti testa la tine in Uk bateria  si egalizatorul da--mi si mie un PM.
Multumesc.

Love it,very funny translation. Google translate faild :grin::grin:

Ha ha ...

Jan 27, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #3,251 of 22,021
I'm just warning iBasso, maybe a bit heavy-handedly, that everything will have to be ironed out before I consider a new DAP investment. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only DX100 owner with this mind-frame.

Jan 27, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #3,254 of 22,021
I think I find out why I'am having the launcher 3 error its only happens when I downloading music in Tidal and Moov apps. It happens when the DX200 enter sleep mode the wifi will auto turn off while I just downloading music on the Tidal or Moov app which maybe the reason why the launcher 3 error show up. It won't turn my wifi off if I'am streaming and downloading at the same time.

So Paul please tell your software guys to add a infinite time on sleep mode cause right now sleep mode max time is 30 minute and its not enough when I just leaving my DX200 player to download lots of music from Tidal.

Jan 27, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #3,255 of 22,021
  So Paul please tell your software guys to add a infinite time on sleep mode cause right now sleep mode max time is 30 minute and its not enough when I just leaving my DX200 player to download lots of music from Tidal.

Why not to ask Tidal to prevent sleep mode while their appilcation is downloading music? It would be much more handy and useful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back