DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Oct 17, 2018 at 4:54 AM Post #18,391 of 22,021
Is there any noticeable change from v1.08, like the USB Audio version, which allow me to check if the upgrade worked properly?
To check if the upgrade worked properly, just check the version as suggested here, presuming you didn't uncheck any firmware part in AndroidTool before flashing.

For those who experienced device reboots and shut downs with the official build, the difference is obvious: with 1.09 the device is stable!

Oct 17, 2018 at 5:51 AM Post #18,392 of 22,021
I've whacked out a bunch of posts that is really not beneficial for this thread. Stop with the Fidelizer vs Lurker0 or I'll start locking folks out of the thread.

Oct 17, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #18,394 of 22,021
Lurker, I'm a bit lost after installing Android 8.1 and then your add on (both successfully)

Your Readme instructs to start the "USB Audio" application, and ten open menu (3 dots at the right top corner) and select "Google Android ID etc etc.

I don't have USB Audio on my DX200 in the Android mode nor do I have Google Play installed to install it.

Where do I go from here?

Oct 17, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #18,395 of 22,021
Lurker, I'm a bit lost after installing Android 8.1 and then your add on (both successfully)

Your Readme instructs to start the "USB Audio" application, and ten open menu (3 dots at the right top corner) and select "Google Android ID etc etc.

I don't have USB Audio on my DX200 in the Android mode nor do I have Google Play installed to install it.

Where do I go from here?

Can’t help you there, but here is a song

Oct 17, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #18,396 of 22,021
I had the chance to take it up a notch. By replacing the TK from Ibasso with a beefier one 220uF/16V where as the stock one was 220uf/10V.

Anyways, I gotta say that I love the ultimately modified Amp8. The Amp8 is totally a beast. The angle of the picture wasn’t good enough, you may see the yellow cap touching the leg of the MLCC cap but it doesn’t :) and it should never

There is no need to replace your stock TK. I just did so because I could grab a couple of them

For those who wants to follow this mod. Here is a link
https://twister6.com/2016/09/09/amp8-diy-mod/

6D103E57-A5F3-4307-8CF3-D1E7E28A379E.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #18,397 of 22,021

Where do I go from here?

Where do I go from here?
The USB Audio should show itself after flashing the addon.
More specifically, after booting itself from erasing all the contents in internal storage that the official image script does, and after shutting down it and doing whatever the addon's readme tells, swiping to left to the next page on Home screen should be seen to have three icons added: Google Play, Magisk and USB Audio.
And you should have '0.01.08-L1.09' in Settings-> System-> About DX200-> Build Number

Oct 17, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #18,398 of 22,021
Oct 17, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #18,399 of 22,021
I had the chance to take it up a notch. By replacing the TK from Ibasso with a beefier one 220uF/16V where as the stock one was 220uf/10V.

Anyways, I gotta say that I love the ultimately modified Amp8. The Amp8 is totally a beast. The angle of the picture wasn’t good enough, you may see the yellow cap touching the leg of the MLCC cap but it doesn’t :) and it should never

There is no need to replace your stock TK. I just did so because I could grab a couple of them

For those who wants to follow this mod. Here is a link
https://twister6.com/2016/09/09/amp8-diy-mod/

I’ve just done this mod yesterday and want to say the SQ is exceptional superb I have never listened from any DAPs. It is very balanced, timbre and detailed. The vocals are so sweet and has lot of decay. I read in this thread someone said if the 4 grey caps are replaced the bass will disappear. That is totally wrong. It is reversely since I hear very defined punchy bass. My Spartans are singing...
By the way, if anyone of you like to listen to mod amp8 with your own headphone choice this is a perfect pairing as I am going to do it with my ibasso SR1 soon. Thanks for help to @Whitigir.

Oct 17, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #18,400 of 22,021
I’ve just done this mod yesterday and want to say the SQ is exceptional superb I have never listened from any DAPs. It is very balanced, timbre and detailed. The vocals are so sweet and has lot of decay. I read in this thread someone said if the 4 grey caps are replaced the bass will disappear. That is totally wrong. It is reversely since I hear very defined punchy bass. My Spartans are singing...
By the way, if anyone of you like to listen to mod amp8 with your own headphone choice this is a perfect pairing as I am going to do it with my ibasso SR1 soon. Thanks for help to @Whitigir.
I think that was me, but not that the bass disappear. The bass gains a true-fidelity, greatly improve in dynamic, and can be boring in comparison to the more fun bass (sub-bass bloom) from the grey caps. The vertical soundstage may also be reduced in trade off for more width and depth. I just have to cover all the “May and or may not like” so people can choose to do whatever :wink:. Ofcourse, I don’t and have not seen true-fidelity bass from DAP until now. This is the reason why I love Ibasso and Dx200. Ibasso keeps on improving their design and the module is very acceptable in price of $200, which you can even take it further if you would love to. It has all the practicality features that anyone may need.

I am very happy to be able to help enthusiasts to realize the full potentials of Dx200+Amp8 ! I am glad that you love the result and congratulate @singleended5863 in successfully modified his Amp8 to the last stage, which is not easy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back