DUNU Q-Lock PLUS Quick-Switch Modular Plug Cables - Discussion Thread
Dec 8, 2021 at 4:21 AM Post #331 of 404
Now my Blanche has 100+ hours on it my perception has changed, i spent an evening A/B with the Noble and feel Blanche excels in all areas (i am naturally a silver lover in all my systems). Tighter bass/ sub bass, vocals have more realism, wider stage. In my books, warmer is nearly always wooly with less definition.
I used Eagles Hotel California from Hell Freezes Over, one of my go to tracks for checking out differences.
An issue i have compared to my Noble is the right hand mmxc connector and the quick change can be temperamental when touched in use, not so on the Noble ( i may ask for an exchange as the Blanche seems to suffer this type of issue). Overall though more tham pleased, i just wish they were longer, 1.5m minimum, you have to sit so close to your system as not to stretch the cable and connections

Dec 8, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #332 of 404
Now my Blanche has 100+ hours on it my perception has changed, i spent an evening A/B with the Noble and feel Blanche excels in all areas (i am naturally a silver lover in all my systems). Tighter bass/ sub bass, vocals have more realism, wider stage. In my books, warmer is nearly always wooly with less definition.
I used Eagles Hotel California from Hell Freezes Over, one of my go to tracks for checking out differences.
An issue i have compared to my Noble is the right hand mmxc connector and the quick change can be temperamental when touched in use, not so on the Noble ( i may ask for an exchange as the Blanche seems to suffer this type of issue). Overall though more tham pleased, i just wish they were longer, 1.5m minimum, you have to sit so close to your system as not to stretch the cable and connections
Thanks kefs, love the Blanche and your comments are much appreciated and spot on, think I will hold off for now on another cable.

Dec 8, 2021 at 4:57 AM Post #334 of 404
I have the Blanche and love it but I want something a bit warmer... Hulk Pro or Noble?
I have not tried the Noble but certainly the Hulk Pro or even the Chord is warmer than the Blanche.

Dec 8, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #336 of 404
Thanks, what's your thoughts on the Hulk?
I do like the Hulk Pro. Love the construction though I mainly use it at home/office. Too big to be used OTG.

Dec 8, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #338 of 404
The DUW-02 was completely cleared out on the first day of our November sale. It is no longer in production. A replacement product is designated for release in December.
Any update on December releases? Will the Blanche stay unchanged or be 'replaced' upcoming as well?

Dec 14, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #339 of 404
Does anyone know where I can purchase the 2 Pin version Dunu Hulk Pro from in the US? @DUNU-Topsound
Sorry for the late response --- our notifications can get buried under a mountain of others and we definitely miss @mentions from time to time!

In general, retailers are reluctant to stock higher-priced cables locally. We'd be happy to try to help you out if you send us a PM. Thanks!

Any update on December releases? Will the Blanche stay unchanged or be 'replaced' upcoming as well?

There is no standing plan to replace the BLANCHE.

However, we're gearing up for a replacement to the DUW-02.

Because our product lines span so many years and have split into so many different threads across Head-Fi, we've received many requests from members for a consolidated discussion thread for all DUNU products, and we've taken the liberty to create one here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dunu-discussion-impressions-master-thread.961127/

You're welcome to continue posting in this thread, of course, as it is specific to our DUNU Q-Lock PLUS and Q-Lock LITE cable systems, but if anyone wishes to have a centralized point of discussion and one where our team members can quickly respond to any questions, feel free to migrate over to this new thread. We'll be making a small number of announcements in the coming days, and will likely be using this new thread as the main point of discussion for all things DUNU. Thanks!

DUNU It's a good time to go #PRO. Our next generation of in-ears powered by ECLIPSƎ are here! Learn more on our official website. Stay updated on DUNU at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/DUNU.FANS/ https://twitter.com/DUNU_Headphone https://www.instagram.com/dunu_topsound/ https://www.dunu-topsound.com/ https://m.me/DUNU.FANS int_ops@dunu-topsound.com, support@dunutopsound.com
Dec 14, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #340 of 404
Sorry for the late response --- our notifications can get buried under a mountain of others and we definitely miss @mentions from time to time!

In general, retailers are reluctant to stock higher-priced cables locally. We'd be happy to try to help you out if you send us a PM. Thanks!

There is no standing plan to replace the BLANCHE.

However, we're gearing up for a replacement to the DUW-02.

Because our product lines span so many years and have split into so many different threads across Head-Fi, we've received many requests from members for a consolidated discussion thread for all DUNU products, and we've taken the liberty to create one here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dunu-discussion-impressions-master-thread.961127/

You're welcome to continue posting in this thread, of course, as it is specific to our DUNU Q-Lock PLUS and Q-Lock LITE cable systems, but if anyone wishes to have a centralized point of discussion and one where our team members can quickly respond to any questions, feel free to migrate over to this new thread. We'll be making a small number of announcements in the coming days, and will likely be using this new thread as the main point of discussion for all things DUNU. Thanks!
Any Christmas deals like Blk Friday upcoming? :wink:

Dec 20, 2021 at 12:43 AM Post #341 of 404
I bought a Dunu Hulk Pro MMCX with the intention of using it with my Sennheiser IE900. I finally got them today and the MMCX connector does not fit into the IE900. Am I doing something wrong or is this the wrong connector? The Dunu Hulk Pro does work with my Sony IER-M9.

Dec 20, 2021 at 2:02 AM Post #342 of 404
I bought a Dunu Hulk Pro MMCX with the intention of using it with my Sennheiser IE900. I finally got them today and the MMCX connector does not fit into the IE900.
Unfortunately, there isn't really a "standard" when it comes to MMCX connectors so not all connectors will fit into the Fidelity Plus MMCX connectors used by Sennheiser. Effect Audio's ConX may fit, and they offer a termination service (for a fee). That way, you can keep the ConX plugged n at all times rather than trying to pull it in and out each time.

Dec 20, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #343 of 404
Unfortunately, there isn't really a "standard" when it comes to MMCX connectors so not all connectors will fit into the Fidelity Plus MMCX connectors used by Sennheiser. Effect Audio's ConX may fit, and they offer a termination service (for a fee). That way, you can keep the ConX plugged n at all times rather than trying to pull it in and out each time.
I didn't know that. I think I'll try that ConX, then I can use the cable with my 2 pin IEMs.

Dec 28, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #344 of 404
Anyone used an MMCX to 2 pin adapter with these cables by chance? I am looking into the CHORD for my IER M9's but I wanna make sure they can work for other IEM's that I may get down the line and be adaptable across a variety of IEM's. Figure an MMCX to 2 pin adapter would be a cheap way to ensure this works well.

Dec 28, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #345 of 404
Anyone used an MMCX to 2 pin adapter with these cables by chance? I am looking into the CHORD for my IER M9's but I wanna make sure they can work for other IEM's that I may get down the line and be adaptable across a variety of IEM's. Figure an MMCX to 2 pin adapter would be a cheap way to ensure this works well.
Works great for me but may be at the expense of comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back