DUNU Q-Lock PLUS Quick-Switch Modular Plug Cables - Discussion Thread
Jun 28, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #376 of 404
If you missed it, we launched AMBER, a new copper-silver 4-core cable coming in at $89.99 - head over to our thread to learn more!

Aug 9, 2022 at 1:09 PM Post #378 of 404
Reminder: There are ten units left of Amber.

This is a limited production run, and only 500 were made.

Thanks for your support of the cable so far; we are quite impressed at how well they have sold!

Want us to make another cable like this soon? Let us know!

Aug 29, 2022 at 7:22 PM Post #379 of 404
Just got the dunu viridian off ebay and paired with my raptgo hook x and hiby r6 2020. The combo looks and sounds amazing so far. The viridian should have been more widely available. It's a very sharp looking cable. I think it would be really cool if dunu made a blue colored cable like this also.
20220829_191825.jpg

Aug 29, 2022 at 10:34 PM Post #380 of 404
Just got the dunu viridian off ebay and paired with my raptgo hook x and hiby r6 2020. The combo looks and sounds amazing so far. The viridian should have been more widely available. It's a very sharp looking cable. I think it would be really cool if dunu made a blue colored cable like this also.
Cool! I just happen to have a Viridian 2-pin lying around and will pair it with the Hook-X! Love these serendipitous moments!

Sep 29, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #381 of 404
@Sebastien Chiu could you please compare the Lyre and DUW-02S for me in terms of feel? I don't care about sound qualities, just how they feel, how soft they are, their weight and flexibility. I need to quickly make a decision between these two.
Also, did Lyre 2-pin always come with standard "round" 2-pin connectors or the angled ones as on this photo?
1664464123763.png

Sep 29, 2022 at 12:50 PM Post #382 of 404
@Sebastien Chiu could you please compare the Lyre and DUW-02S for me in terms of feel? I don't care about sound qualities, just how they feel, how soft they are, their weight and flexibility. I need to quickly make a decision between these two.
Also, did Lyre 2-pin always come with standard "round" 2-pin connectors or the angled ones as on this photo?1664464123763.png

The Lyre and DUW-02s are very similar in feel. Both are very comfy and bouncy - they don’t kink at all.

DUW-02s is heavier than Lyre and has a tighter braid resulting in less give. However I would say the 02s is softer than the Lyre.

The Lyre comes with standard connectors (straight ones, at least mine did) not rounded. I do know there are different connectors out there.

Hope that helps.

Sep 29, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #383 of 404
The Lyre and DUW-02s are very similar in feel. Both are very comfy and bouncy - they don’t kink at all.

DUW-02s is heavier than Lyre and has a tighter braid resulting in less give. However I would say the 02s is softer than the Lyre.

The Lyre comes with standard connectors (straight ones, at least mine did) not rounded. I do know there are different connectors out there.

Hope that helps.
That helps a lot! If you could, could you say how much heavier is the 02S and how much of a difference in softness is there? Is the Lyre more plastic-like feeling as well?

Sep 29, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #384 of 404
That helps a lot! If you could, could you say how much heavier is the 02S and how much of a difference in softness is there? Is the Lyre more plastic-like feeling as well?

I’d say about 25%. And that’s actually flipped - the 02S has the more plasticy feeling out of the two, but then again not by much. It’s not really an aspect that affects DUNU cables too badly.

Sep 29, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #385 of 404
I’d say about 25%. And that’s actually flipped - the 02S has the more plasticy feeling out of the two, but then again not by much. It’s not really an aspect that affects DUNU cables too badly.
Thanks a lot! If they were the same price, which one would you buy and why (not talking about sound quality, just cable as a cable)?

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #386 of 404
Thanks a lot! If they were the same price, which one would you buy?

02s. I’m a sucker for how bouncy it is and how well the chin slider works with the material

I run cables behind my back often and it’s very comfy.

Sep 29, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #387 of 404
02s. I’m a sucker for how bouncy it is and how well the chin slider works with the material

I run cables behind my back often and it’s very comfy.
Do you know if there will be any discounts on the DUW-02S during the 11.11 sale or earlier? I'm leaning towards the Lyre a tiny bit but it's incredibly expensive for my wallet. If the DUW-02S would be discounted by any significant amount, I'd be able to buy it but the Lyre is available to me for around 100$ equivalent (tax incl) brand new only at this moment. If I'd know if the 02S would be discounted, that would probably help me make that decision.

Oct 9, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #388 of 404
Where can I get 4.4mm plug chrome color for Blanche?

Oct 10, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #389 of 404
Do you know if there will be any discounts on the DUW-02S during the 11.11 sale or earlier? I'm leaning towards the Lyre a tiny bit but it's incredibly expensive for my wallet. If the DUW-02S would be discounted by any significant amount, I'd be able to buy it but the Lyre is available to me for around 100$ equivalent (tax incl) brand new only at this moment. If I'd know if the 02S would be discounted, that would probably help me make that decision.

As far as I know now, no, there will not be. I will double check for you to make absolutely sure though, and get back to you.

Where can I get 4.4mm plug chrome color for Blanche?

Please reach out us in our contact form on the site!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back