Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Dec 18, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #362 of 2,536
The fit is very good for me and I have rather small ears. Cable down hurts after a few hours though, I prefer over the ear wear.

Dec 18, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #363 of 2,536
Sorry, I was dreaming and hallucinating that I have them. Bad wayne!

Dec 18, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #364 of 2,536
ericp10, i currently own the re-400's. how would you compare the kef m200's and the dunu dn-1000's to them and do you think either of them is worth the upgrade? i listen to a really wide range of genres so i need an all-around performer, which i feel the re-400 is, except sometimes i wish the bass had more impact/body on some electronic and hip-hop songs. 

Dec 18, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #365 of 2,536
  ericp10, i currently own the re-400's. how would you compare the kef m200's and the dunu dn-1000's to them and do you think either of them is worth the upgrade? i listen to a really wide range of genres so i need an all-around performer, which i feel the re-400 is, except sometimes i wish the bass had more impact/body on some electronic and hip-hop songs. 

Well that's it right there. You will get way more body and impact in the bass with the Dunu or KEF. The RE-400 is a pretty full sound (and nice sounding) without the bass impact. I also think the KEF and Dunu have better build qualities than the RE-400. The Dunu and KEF are more fun earphones without sacrificing clarity or detail.

Dec 18, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #367 of 2,536
Well I've had these for a couple hours now and they sound great and most likely better when the bass settles down.  Unfortunately I am having fit issues, I am using the smallest set of silicon buds but the tube is just too big and yes I have small ear canals. Also I push them all the way in (until the metal housing is hitting my ear) and they are barely deep enough.  I am using the red spacers. I'm sure this will work for people with the right ears but apparently I have difficult to fit ones so most likely these are going back, oh well, live and learn.

Dec 18, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #368 of 2,536
  Well I've had these for a couple hours now and they sound great and most likely better when the bass settles down.  Unfortunately I am having fit issues, I am using the smallest set of silicon buds but the tube is just too big and yes I have small ear canals. Also I push them all the way in (until the metal housing is hitting my ear) and they are barely deep enough.  I am using the red spacers. I'm sure this will work for people with the right ears but apparently I have difficult to fit ones so most likely these are going back, oh well, live and learn.

Try them with complies - and you won't need to try and insert them so deep.

Dec 19, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #370 of 2,536

Well that's it right there. You will get way more body and impact in the bass with the Dunu or KEF. The RE-400 is a pretty full sound (and nice sounding) without the bass impact. I also think the KEF and Dunu have better build qualities than the RE-400. The Dunu and KEF are more fun earphones without sacrificing clarity or detail.

thanks for the reply. are they ever too bass-heavy for certain lighter genres in your opinion or do they scale well to different songs? and which do you feel is the overall better buy? i like the looks of the kef more but the fit issues seem like a bit of a hassle.

Dec 19, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #371 of 2,536
  Basically, if that's the way they're tuned, they're dark and sibilant --- basically everything no one wants in an IEM... what's going on here?

Yeah screw that for a laugh lol

I'm getting some CKS1000.

Dec 19, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #372 of 2,536

Yeah screw that for a laugh lol

I'm getting some CKS1000.

DN-1000 are far from dark and sibilant, I highly suggest you read onwards past the first 5 posts.

And check these reviews.

1. http://www.head-fi.org/t/681435/dunu-dn-1000-dunus-hybrid-iem-appreciation-thread

2. http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-dn-1000/reviews/9984

I wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions, DN-1000 are the best hybrid many of us have heard in 2013. Above T-Peos H-200 to my ears, their tonality crisp, clean and detailed. One of the best purchases I made all year among other peoples.

Dec 19, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #373 of 2,536

DN-1000 are far from dark and sibilant, I highly suggest you read onwards past the first 5 posts.

And check these reviews.

1. http://www.head-fi.org/t/681435/dunu-dn-1000-dunus-hybrid-iem-appreciation-thread

2. http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-dn-1000/reviews/9984

I wouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions, DN-1000 are the best hybrid many of us have heard in 2013. Above T-Peos H-200 to my ears, their tonality crisp, clean and detailed. One of the best purchases I made all year among other peoples.

Hmm... still something has always put me off Hybrid IEMs. Not sure what it is though.

I think I'll still buy the CKS1000 as I have been wanting them for ages, and time has finally come when I can get some to listen to my Trance mixes with.

Maybe if I become richer I might try some Tri-Hybrids, but otherwise their price would have to drop considerably for me to buy them.

Dec 19, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #374 of 2,536
  Yeah screw that for a laugh lol        I'm getting some CKS1000.

Yeah, that statement I made was not having had the proper information. The chart that was shown was actually the effect of insertion gain, not the actual frequency response itself.

I clarified that confusion in a later statement here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/681435/dunu-dn-1000-dunus-hybrid-iem-appreciation-thread/135#post_9902968

I heard the DN-1000 for a short period of time, and I found it quite enjoyable, especially at the price. I liked it better than my own AX60, actually, even though it's slightly less detailed.

Don't get the CKS1000, please... even the new ATH-IM50/70 are better...

Dec 19, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #375 of 2,536
@Lifted Andreas  All I'll say is.....read the reviews. :wink:  

I would be absolutely thrilled to let you demo them.
if you ever move to Australia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back