Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Dec 20, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #391 of 2,536

They're my favourite tips for the DN-1000! Paired with red rings... most balanced combo IMO.
I tried the meelec double flange tips but they tend to accentuate the highs on the DN-1000.

Those tips will come included in the packaging with many others. (that's what I use) Can't remember if there's double flange, best check Brooko's review, he has pictures of them all.

Wow ok, so those tips come with the DN1K?

Btw, I took the plunge and convinced myself that I need these in my life for Xmas. So I pulled the trigger on MP4Nation, it now shows as Processing.

Dec 20, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #393 of 2,536

Wow ok, so those tips come with the DN1K?

Btw, I took the plunge and convinced myself that I need these in my life for Xmas. So I pulled the trigger on MP4Nation, it now shows as Processing.

You definitely do mate, definitely do...
wink_face.gif

Dec 20, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #394 of 2,536
@Lifted Andreas

I think you're going to be really pleased you went ahead with this hybrid, especially for your first taste. 

There's an unboxing on youtube if you want to have a spoiler. I was rather swept away with the accessories, particular the polishing cloth which I  became attached to instantly for some strange reason and TF10 clone like storage case. (there's heaps od goodies included) If you thought C&C BH was a fun discovery (which I think pairs well with the Dunu) then you're in for another special treat with DN-1000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZvXO0zKYfY

Dec 20, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #395 of 2,536
Congrats! Great choice!

Thanks man!

You definitely do mate, definitely do...
wink_face.gif

I know!

Bet my girlfriend (who I live with btw) wont see it that way though lol
ph34r.gif

@Lifted Andreas

I think you're going to be really pleased you went ahead with this hybrid, especially for your first taste. 

There's an unboxing on youtube if you want to have a spoiler. I was rather swept away with the accessories, particular the polishing cloth which I  became attached to instantly for some strange reason and TF10 clone like storage case. (there's heaps od goodies included) If you thought C&C BH was a fun discovery (which I think pairs well with the Dunu) then you're in for another special treat with DN-1000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZvXO0zKYfY

Nice mate!

This will be my first ever Hybrid earphone, so kinda excited to finally see what all the fuss is about.

Btw, some people say they can be quite source picky... hope they will sound OK straight from my old Sony Walkman. If not, I will have to use my BH with it I guess. Well until I get my FiiO X3 sometime next year anyways.

Also, could you do us a favour mate and test them with one of my Trance mixes quick? You can find the link to my Mixcloud in my sig.
wink.gif

Dec 20, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #396 of 2,536
You won't require an amp with these, only for tinkering around. They suit your mixes well (good sets btw) , you'll find unlike some cheaper IEM you won't need to to pump loud volumes to gain good detail and clarity. They'll come across rather effortless in that regard. Theyll simply sound very clear, clean and rather transparent. There'll be no veil or blanketed mid range with these.

Dec 20, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #397 of 2,536
You won't require an amp with these, only for tinkering around. They suit your mixes well (good sets btw) , you'll find unlike some cheaper IEM you won't need to to pump loud volumes to gain good detail and clarity. They'll come across rather effortless in that regard. Theyll simply sound very clear, clean and rather transparent. There'll be no veil or blanketed mid range with these.

Great news all round then!

Cannot wait to get them now.

I think straight away I will put red spacers on with the tips that you guys recommended for deep insertion. :)

PS. Whoever is currently on the fence about buying should just go ahead and order! You can still get 10% off the total on MP4Nation.net with voucher code "LASTCHANCE13" without the quotes. That will bring the total price of your orders down to £115.20!

Dec 20, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #399 of 2,536
That's it, I'm going to order this when I get the money... everyone's tempted me
Fingers crossed, this is the best IEM I've heard to date :)
TBH, hybrids have disappointed me thus far (only heard T-Peos H-100 and AX60) so I'm hoping this will be a step forward in the right direction :D
Only 4 IEM's have impressed me thus far: GR07 (BE/MK2), SM3, RE-400, TF10

Dec 21, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #402 of 2,536
  I know!

Bet my girlfriend (who I live with btw) wont see it that way though lol
ph34r.gif

Also, could you do us a favour mate and test them with one of my Trance mixes quick? You can find the link to my Mixcloud in my sig.
wink.gif

She doesn't have to know mate 
wink_face.gif
 - I'm married with a little daughter, my wife doesn't even know the total value of all my collection, she thinks that all earphone worth around $40, except Beats, and she knows I own no Beats, so yeah I'm pretty safe there...

I just had a quick session with DN-1000, listening to Cosmic Gate's Wake Your Mind, feels like I am in the middle of the dance floor, hope that answers your question 
wink_face.gif

That's it, I'm going to order this when I get the money... everyone's tempted me
Fingers crossed, this is the best IEM I've heard to date :)
TBH, hybrids have disappointed me thus far (only heard T-Peos H-100 and AX60) so I'm hoping this will be a step forward in the right direction :D
Only 4 IEM's have impressed me thus far: GR07 (BE/MK2), SM3, RE-400, TF10

Whoa, you are disappointed with AX-60?

Dec 21, 2013 at 8:51 AM Post #404 of 2,536
A little disappointed yeah. Kind of a loose, bloated sound. Sound felt a little grainy :frowning2:
Doesn't compare to other $300 IEM's I've heard

Which ones? :)

I agree on the puff pastry bass, it was a little dominant as well, however I thought the rest was ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back