Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Dec 21, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #406 of 2,536
  Will Dunu tune the DN-2000  to be less bass but brighter than DN-1000?

No one will know until Dunu sends us some samples :p

I ordered a pair too. I really must stop buying earphones for the rest of the year.

Hahah, thought you wouldn't be able to resist that discount! :D

She doesn't have to know mate 
wink_face.gif
 - I'm married with a little daughter, my wife doesn't even know the total value of all my collection, she thinks that all earphone worth around $40, except Beats, and she knows I own no Beats, so yeah I'm pretty safe there...

I just had a quick session with DN-1000, listening to Cosmic Gate's Wake Your Mind, feels like I am in the middle of the dance floor, hope that answers your question 
wink_face.gif

Whoa, you are disappointed with AX-60?

That sounds like good news to me, thanks! xD

Dec 22, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #407 of 2,536
So I now have over 50 hrs of burn in on these along with many hours of pleasurable listening despite some fit issues with my small ear canals.  I can say that that if your recording has some sibilance (ssssssss) on the vocals that the DNK will not mask it, it will be present.  This is using the red spacers and the smallest RE-400 silicon tips.  Unfortunately because of my fit issues it's very difficult to find alternate tips, even the smallest supplied comply or silicon tips are painful, does anyone have any suggestions. Anything larger than VERY thin material will most likely be too painful, any suggestions?

Dec 22, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #408 of 2,536
  So I now have over 50 hrs of burn in on these along with many hours of pleasurable listening despite some fit issues with my small ear canals.  I can say that that if your recording has some sibilance (ssssssss) on the vocals that the DNK will not mask it, it will be present.  This is using the red spacers and the smallest RE-400 silicon tips.  Unfortunately because of my fit issues it's very difficult to find alternate tips, even the smallest supplied comply or silicon tips are painful, does anyone have any suggestions. Anything larger than VERY thin material will most likely be too painful, any suggestions?

Comply tips, mine sounds incredible with the Ts-500...

Dec 23, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #409 of 2,536
Dec 23, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #411 of 2,536

true......wide bore tips are better than any tips imo for better clarity, spacious etc.

Yeah I'd choose wider bore as well, unless you want to add bass and congest the sound in which case you'd use smaller bore tips.

Dec 24, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #413 of 2,536
Alright you guys convinced me. Pulled the trigger on the DN1000 from MP4nation. Priority shipping plus the 10% coupon means they should be here before 2014 for $190. Not bad. 

Dec 24, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #414 of 2,536
So how heavy are these exactly when wearing them straight down? Was looking at these as a potential upgrade from my Carbo Bassos. For what it's worth I use the standard medium sized silicone tips.

Dec 24, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #415 of 2,536
  So how heavy are these exactly when wearing them straight down? Was looking at these as a potential upgrade from my Carbo Bassos. For what it's worth I use the standard medium sized silicone tips.

Heavy enough, at least for me. wearing them up helps a lot, but still their weight is felt

Dec 24, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #416 of 2,536
Yeah, it's just a bit fiddly for me to wear IEMs by running the cable around the ear because of my glasses. I desperately want to upgrade from my Carbo Bassos but the IEMs I look at always have issues with comfort / fit / weight.

Dec 24, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #417 of 2,536
Yeah, it's just a bit fiddly for me to wear IEMs by running the cable around the ear because of my glasses. I desperately want to upgrade from my Carbo Bassos but the IEMs I look at always have issues with comfort / fit / weight.

I ordered some of these mate as an upgrade to my Tenores. Probably won't get them till next week sometime.

Dec 24, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #418 of 2,536

They are indeed heavier than most IEMs... I personally wear a clip to relieve those ear pieces from the weight of the cable and it works wonders for me.
I hope you'll find a solution that'll work for you because the DN-1000 is such an amazing IEM. Fortunately for me, I don't use them when I'm mobile.
I still stick with my good old MH1 for mobile use; the j-cord is perfect for such scenario.

Dec 24, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #419 of 2,536
I ordered some of these mate as an upgrade to my Tenores. Probably won't get them till next week sometime.

Same here, only I'm upgrading from HiFiMan RE-0's.

Dec 26, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #420 of 2,536
JUST GOT MINE...it sounds amazing!
still trying out different tips and rings..any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back