Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Dec 28, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #436 of 2,536
I got the combo Christmas box set from penonaudio.com for $400 which have dn1k + fiio x3

Me too eyeing on it for almost a month and by the time mp4 came up with CM deal which has X3 and dunu 1000 combo deal for 399.50 with hp stand,32gb msd +free 2 day fedex and top of that another 10% discount that came down to $360!!! I might giv a shot.

Dec 28, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #438 of 2,536
  Is nano gonna be fine ?? I have read both good and bad reviews for the newest ipods..so im still thinking..it sucks that the HTC One cant pair with DN 1000 :frowning2: I wanna hear them right now

Get a FiiO X3 and profit :wink:

Dec 28, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #439 of 2,536

Just invested on Bwavz beta,M5,S1 and fiio amps E06,E11 and E12........saved some for vsonics jan. Releases,dn 1k alone......No daps until i get rid of my 2/3 classics......and my SGP5".
believe me beta sounds incredible for that price tag of $29.50 for 3 pairs,....would've saved 200% of the beta price if i did'nt invest on vsonic vsd1 LE as they sound nearly similar for most of the genres.....

hmm.....howz the match? given enough burn-in for the dynamic? Howz it shaking the basement?

Dec 28, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #441 of 2,536
Hey guys,

A question for those of of you who have recently bought the dn1000 regarding what is actually included in its box. I have been reading tons of IEM reviews and IEM threads (including this entire one) over the last week and have decided, thanks in part to the praise many of you have expressed here, that this migtht be the best universal all around IEM for me for under $200 - based on my interests and needs. However, when I went to look at it on Mp4nation.net (which, from what I understand is the retailer through which Dunu's warranty will be supported), upon looking at the accessories included I noticed that they say there are only 7 pairs of silicone eartips included - only one of which is a biflange and more importantly no foam tips. It also makes no mention of the adapter rings which I might assume would just be a simple oversight but then there is also a disclaimer saying that the accessories are subject to change without warning at any point, which makes me a little more suspicious that they may not be in there at all. This is specifically what it says (copied from the Mp4 listing):

*Included Accessories

1. 3 x Pairs of wide nozzle silicone ear tips (S/M/L)
  2. 3 x Pairs of narrow nozzle silicone ear tips (S/M/L)
  3. 1 x Pair of biflange silicone ear tips
  4. 1 x Hard carrying case
  5. 1 x Airplane adapter
  6. 1 x 6.3mm adapter
  7. 1 x Pair of eargliders

*The included accessories with this product can change at any time, as can the outer packaging design. The photographs of the packaging, and the list of included accessories, may not necessarily reflect what your package will look like or the accessories you will receive if the manufacturer decides to make a change. We will, however, do our best to keep this page up to date.

Now I understand that at the end of the day it's the IEMs themselves that are the most important thing here, but after hearing many people on this thread talk about how the dn1ks exploded once they got the right fit, and knowing how important the fit is in general for any IEM, I felt as though one of the strengths of this model (and one reason I was willing to spend $200 online without testing them myself) was its ability to allow you to customize its sound and fit in a myriad of ways until it peaked your fancy in terms of fit and sound. However, this listing is making me nervous that it won't actually contain all of the tips (such as foam) or any of rings that I might need in order to make it work for me.

Dunu's website (http://www.dunu-topsound.com/DN-1000.html) shows the dn1000 on it's homepage along with accessories but there are only 7 pairs of tips - no foams - and no rings. What's up?

I have read all of your reviews, and in Wooko's review, it says the box contained 14 pairs of eartips (4 foam, 4 biflange, 3 narrow silicone, 3 wide silicone) and 3 types of rings (but 4 of each type). djvkool's review at the top of this thread, along with most others on this site seem to report there being 11 total tips (4 foam, 6 silicone, 1 biflange) and 3 types of rings in the box. Some of the ebay listings right now say 10 eartips included but many show pictures with only 7 and no rings. With all of the questions (that came up earlier in this thread about the international vs non-international version and concerns about Dunu making small changes and not honoring warranties from non-official distributors etc., the whole thing makes me a little suspicious that Dunu may have changed the package without saying anything and that these important little pieces are not there.

So I was wondering if anyone of you who has purchased the dn1ks in the past few weeks (maybe jay628, Lifted, JoeDoe, meusick, or mochill when yours comes) can comment on what is included in the box and then maybe also where you bought them from (mp4, ebay, etc.) and if you remember anything about the description on the listing being different. Or, rockywu, I don't know if you still look at this thread, but if you can shed any light on this I (and maybe now others) would greatly appreciate it - as I was about to buy a pair until I noticed this. If this post it too long guys, I'm really sorry, this is my first time posting on anything (ever), and I'm just trying to be as clear and polite as possible so that I can bring some questions/potential problems to the foreground and hopefully get some answers so that I can make a good buying decision.

Dec 29, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #442 of 2,536
  Hey guys,

A question for those of of you who have recently bought the dn1000 regarding what is actually included in its box.

I have read all of your reviews, and in Wooko's review, it says the box contained 14 pairs of eartips (4 foam, 4 biflange, 3 narrow silicone, 3 wide silicone) and 3 types of rings (but 4 of each type).

Hi

• It's Brooko (Paul Brooks) - not Wooko 
    wink.gif
  • The review box arrived sealed - so the assumption is that this is what would normally be contained (14 pairs of tips in total)
  • Would advise you PM both Rocky and Raz - and ask them direct.  It's the only way you'll get a 100% correct answer + that way you'll also have 'come-back' if anything is wrong.  Both Raz & Rocky are (IME) brilliant to work with - so they'll honour whatever they endorse as being part of the package.

Dec 29, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #443 of 2,536
  Hey guys,

A question for those of of you who have recently bought the dn1000 regarding what is actually included in its box. I have been reading tons of IEM reviews and IEM threads (including this entire one) over the last week and have decided, thanks in part to the praise many of you have expressed here, that this migtht be the best universal all around IEM for me for under $200 - based on my interests and needs. However, when I went to look at it on Mp4nation.net (which, from what I understand is the retailer through which Dunu's warranty will be supported), upon looking at the accessories included I noticed that they say there are only 7 pairs of silicone eartips included - only one of which is a biflange and more importantly no foam tips. It also makes no mention of the adapter rings which I might assume would just be a simple oversight but then there is also a disclaimer saying that the accessories are subject to change without warning at any point, which makes me a little more suspicious that they may not be in there at all. This is specifically what it says (copied from the Mp4 listing):

*Included Accessories

1. 3 x Pairs of wide nozzle silicone ear tips (S/M/L)
  2. 3 x Pairs of narrow nozzle silicone ear tips (S/M/L)
  3. 1 x Pair of biflange silicone ear tips
  4. 1 x Hard carrying case
  5. 1 x Airplane adapter
  6. 1 x 6.3mm adapter
  7. 1 x Pair of eargliders

*The included accessories with this product can change at any time, as can the outer packaging design. The photographs of the packaging, and the list of included accessories, may not necessarily reflect what your package will look like or the accessories you will receive if the manufacturer decides to make a change. We will, however, do our best to keep this page up to date.

Now I understand that at the end of the day it's the IEMs themselves that are the most important thing here, but after hearing many people on this thread talk about how the dn1ks exploded once they got the right fit, and knowing how important the fit is in general for any IEM, I felt as though one of the strengths of this model (and one reason I was willing to spend $200 online without testing them myself) was its ability to allow you to customize its sound and fit in a myriad of ways until it peaked your fancy in terms of fit and sound. However, this listing is making me nervous that it won't actually contain all of the tips (such as foam) or any of rings that I might need in order to make it work for me.

Dunu's website (http://www.dunu-topsound.com/DN-1000.html) shows the dn1000 on it's homepage along with accessories but there are only 7 pairs of tips - no foams - and no rings. What's up?

I have read all of your reviews, and in Wooko's review, it says the box contained 14 pairs of eartips (4 foam, 4 biflange, 3 narrow silicone, 3 wide silicone) and 3 types of rings (but 4 of each type). djvkool's review at the top of this thread, along with most others on this site seem to report there being 11 total tips (4 foam, 6 silicone, 1 biflange) and 3 types of rings in the box. Some of the ebay listings right now say 10 eartips included but many show pictures with only 7 and no rings. With all of the questions (that came up earlier in this thread about the international vs non-international version and concerns about Dunu making small changes and not honoring warranties from non-official distributors etc., the whole thing makes me a little suspicious that Dunu may have changed the package without saying anything and that these important little pieces are not there.

So I was wondering if anyone of you who has purchased the dn1ks in the past few weeks (maybe jay628, Lifted, JoeDoe, meusick, or mochill when yours comes) can comment on what is included in the box and then maybe also where you bought them from (mp4, ebay, etc.) and if you remember anything about the description on the listing being different. Or, rockywu, I don't know if you still look at this thread, but if you can shed any light on this I (and maybe now others) would greatly appreciate it - as I was about to buy a pair until I noticed this. If this post it too long guys, I'm really sorry, this is my first time posting on anything (ever), and I'm just trying to be as clear and polite as possible so that I can bring some questions/potential problems to the foreground and hopefully get some answers so that I can make a good buying decision.

hey Pandem0nium,
I bought it from a local retailer here in Taipei, as I recall, there are 4 pairs of foam, 3 wide (white ones?), 3 narrow(black?),1 biflange, 3 types of rings (4 each)

Dec 30, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #445 of 2,536
  i guess the htc one has really high impedance :frowning2: do u know what are the zout for ipod? nvm i found it on ClieOS's review, its 1.1ohm

jay628, If you are still looking for a good source for your DN1000, try the Sansa Clip Zip. It's dirt cheap, sounds great, has expandable memory and is RockBox compatible. You can pick up a used Clip+, or Zip on ebay for cheap. They sound identical, but the Clip Zip has better build quality. I hate that you are struggling with them, but they are worth the trouble!

Dec 30, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #446 of 2,536
hey!
indeed im still trying to find a good source for my DN1000! yea i think i will get a Clip Zip while waiting for the FiiO x1, it seems really nice! So the difference between the zip and + is only the build quality?

Dec 30, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #447 of 2,536
hey!
indeed im still trying to find a good source for my DN1000! yea i think i will get a Clip Zip while waiting for the FiiO x1, it seems really nice! So the difference between the zip and + is only the build quality?

Not to start a sub- thread, but I've heard quite the opposite. I've also read that big clip plus gets better battery life since it does not have a color screen.

I have the plus and love it.

Dec 30, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #448 of 2,536
Not to start a sub- thread, but I've heard quite the opposite. I've also read that big clip plus gets better battery life since it does not have a color screen.

I have the plus and love it.

I have a Clip+ and a Clip Zip. I love them both, but the buttons on the newer model are better in my opinion, though it's not a big thing. Didn't know about the battery life. Anyway, you can't  go wrong either way. By the way, FWIW Sansa quotes both players at "up to 15 hrs". I doubt that I have ever gotten that out of any of my Sansa players.   : )

I visited Birmingham, AL. a couple of times... Beautiful city!

Dec 30, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #449 of 2,536

I have a Clip+ and a Clip Zip. I love them both, but the buttons on the newer model are better in my opinion, though it's not a big thing. Didn't know about the battery life. Anyway, you can't  go wrong either way. By the way, FWIW Sansa quotes both players at "up to 15 hrs". I doubt that I have ever gotten that out of any of my Sansa players.   : )

I visited Birmingham, AL. a couple of times... Beautiful city!

Fair enough!

Thanks man, we've got some relatively intelligent people making some good changes to our Magic City!

Dec 31, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #450 of 2,536

Hi

• It's Brooko (Paul Brooks) - not Wooko 
    wink.gif
  • The review box arrived sealed - so the assumption is that this is what would normally be contained (14 pairs of tips in total)
  • Would advise you PM both Rocky and Raz - and ask them direct.  It's the only way you'll get a 100% correct answer + that way you'll also have 'come-back' if anything is wrong.  Both Raz & Rocky are (IME) brilliant to work with - so they'll honour whatever they endorse as being part of the package.

Brooko! I'm so sorry about messing up your name! I have no idea why I typed wooko. Really sorry about that. Thanks for the advice though. Sent Rocky a PM but I don't know who Raz is (sorry, I'm really new) or at least haven't seen him on this thread (am I wrong?). I'll wait to hear back from Rocky and 14 tips is awesome but I have a feeling its not quite that many anymore (but i'll be happy as long as there are some foam for me). Thanks again!

hey Pandem0nium,
I bought it from a local retailer here in Taipei, as I recall, there are 4 pairs of foam, 3 wide (white ones?), 3 narrow(black?),1 biflange, 3 types of rings (4 each)

Thanks jay! I was hoping there would be 14 tips but 11 is still pretty good haha 
biggrin.gif
 . Makes me feel a little better but I sent Rocky a PM just to make sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back