Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Dec 31, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #453 of 2,536
Brooko! I'm so sorry about messing up your name! I have no idea why I typed wooko. Really sorry about that. Thanks for the advice though. Sent Rocky a PM but I don't know who Raz is (sorry, I'm really new) or at least haven't seen him on this thread (am I wrong?). I'll wait to hear back from Rocky and 14 tips is awesome but I have a feeling its not quite that many anymore (but i'll be happy as long as there are some foam for me). Thanks again!

I believe that the international version comes with more tips than the Chinese version, mine was the Chinese version which only comes with about 6 pairs of silicone and a pair of foam - though I am not 100% sure about this.

Jan 1, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #456 of 2,536
Happy new year guys!

Could you please compare these to the VC1000?

Thanks.

You may want to ask joker. I believe he's one of the very few who's heard both...

Jan 1, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #462 of 2,536
I've heard VC1000, the Dunu are superior, especially in soundstage. The DN-1000 to my ears when driven by studio v or strong source, almost sounds like it was priced to cheap by about $100. That's how I hear it anyway. Let's hope Rocky doesn't read this..

Jan 1, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #463 of 2,536
I've heard VC1000, the Dunu are superior, especially in soundstage. The DN-1000 to my ears when driven by studio v or strong source, almost sounds like it was priced to cheap by about $100. That's how I hear it anyway. Let's hope Rocky doesn't read this..

You may have mentioned this already, but how do they sound off of the C3/BH (with SF switch on)?

Jan 1, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #464 of 2,536

You may have mentioned this already, but how do they sound off of the C3/BH (with SF switch on)?

I don't use the SF switch, I tried but it's not for me, only LF, which I leave on fulltime.

I've added DN-1000 to BH threads 'crazy synergy' list because I personally feel the pairing is worthy of such status. The bass seems to become a little to powerful though with certain tracks, it gets thumping compared to my other players which will be a preference decision, bass-heads maybe pleased. I think the increases in soundstage to an already over performing hybrid in that area is quite impressive also the boost in clarity (another area DN-1000 shines) all works to an advantage. In some ways it shifts them closer to what a full-size headphone presentation would sound like in headstage. Only it's not without a few untied ends, sibilance also increases in vocals, I find it acceptable, some might be a little sensitive. If it had any glaring flaw or fault I wouldn't of added to the celebrity list in the BH thread. (crazy synergy).

I'll tell you guys what arrived today and sounds mighty nice with Dunu DN-1000 my recently acquired Sony NWZ-F806 Walkman, very impressed with what I heard the first 15 minutes this morning. I would take a pretty photo as I usually do however it's 35 Degrees here in Sydney. (95 Fahrenheit) and I really can't be bothered. Google images will need to suffice for today.

Jan 2, 2014 at 6:13 AM Post #465 of 2,536

Google images will need to suffice for today.

I feel disappointed in you mate... and slightly jelaous of the hot weather.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back