DUNU DK-2001 - 3 BA + 1 beryllium DD hybrid: the long-awaited follow-up to the DN-2000 and DN-2000J!
Jun 6, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #226 of 292
The Dunu Dk 2001 don't have bass tips. Are balanced, transparency and vocal tips.

The tips that look like spinfits boost bass significantly for me. Are those the “vocal” tips?

Jun 6, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #228 of 292
Can anyone compare these to the Solaris? I know they're 5x the price but the drivers are the pretty similar, with the exception of the larger DD in the Dunu.

$300 for these sounds like a very good deal to me.
They are great, I would say my pick in that price category. You are asking for a comparison vs. Solaris? They are not close to Solaris. Even though they do punch above their price tag.

Jun 7, 2020 at 6:12 AM Post #229 of 292
The tips that look like spinfits boost bass significantly for me. Are those the “vocal” tips?

1591524647960.png

The red core tips are the 'Vocal' tips.

The 'Transparency' tips are the clear/translucent ones, and the body-colored tips are the 'Balanced' tips.

DUNU It's a good time to go #PRO. Our next generation of in-ears powered by ECLIPSƎ are here! Learn more on our official website. Stay updated on DUNU at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/DUNU.FANS/ https://twitter.com/DUNU_Headphone https://www.instagram.com/dunu_topsound/ https://www.dunu-topsound.com/ https://m.me/DUNU.FANS int_ops@dunu-topsound.com, support@dunutopsound.com
Jun 9, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #231 of 292
They are great, I would say my pick in that price category. You are asking for a comparison vs. Solaris? They are not close to Solaris. Even though they do punch above their price tag.

In the Moondrop thread, a user is claiming the Blessing 2 is better than the Solaris. No one has done an overall comparison of the Blessing 2 to the DK-2001. It seems to me that any of three situations are true:
  1. The Blessing 2 owner greatly exaggerated the abilities of the Blessing 2.
  2. At similar prices, the Blessing 2 is clearly superior to the DK-2001.
  3. The DK-2001 is closer to the Solaris, than you described, (and Blessing 2) in overall SQ.
Does anyone having any or further insights about the DK-2001 vs. Solaris vs. Blessing 2 comparison/review regarding overall SQ?

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #232 of 292
Superior doesn't mean much in absolute terms... superior in what way?

Jun 9, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #233 of 292
In the Moondrop thread, a user is claiming the Blessing 2 is better than the Solaris. No one has done an overall comparison of the Blessing 2 to the DK-2001. It seems to me that any of three situations are true:
  1. The Blessing 2 owner greatly exaggerated the abilities of the Blessing 2.
  2. At similar prices, the Blessing 2 is clearly superior to the DK-2001.
  3. The DK-2001 is closer to the Solaris, than you described, (and Blessing 2) in overall SQ.
Does anyone having any or further insights about the DK-2001 vs. Solaris vs. Blessing 2 comparison/review regarding overall SQ?

The blessing 2 is not at the Solaris level. I own all three. Blessing 2 is a relaxed listen has some good technicalities but lacks a bit in treble and bass extension/ energy which both the Solaris and the DK-2001 has. Sounds more mid focussed due to a slight lack of enegry in the regions mentioned. While Blessing 2 has a very good in terms of balancing. Bass end is a bit soft. Treble I feel does better but it lacks a bit of sparkle for me. I like that the blessing 2 for what it is but Dk-2001 has a much more energetic sound and presentation.

I can see how a person might say they are like the Solaris. Blessing 2 dont have the holographic stage of the Solaris or does it have the refinement at all levels.

I would say if your a fan of bass DK-2001 all the way. Blessing 2 has the wider stage but lacks a bit on dynamism which the DK-2001 delievers in spades. Would love to have a $300 blessing 2 outdo my Solaris. I would have sold off my Solaris and been a happy camper.

No they dont touch my Solaris unfortunately.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #234 of 292
Thanks for clarifying the matter. Much appreciated :)

Jun 9, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #235 of 292
Superior doesn't mean much in absolute terms... superior in what way?

It was a line of logic only going by what two members had posted regarding two $300 IEMs and their capabilities vs. the Solaris. My hunch was that the post in the Moondrop thread was exaggerating the Blessing 2’s capabilities and that the DK-2001 and Blessing 2 were both capable but differently tuned IEMs. Dsnuts confirmed, through direct experience, what I was assuming.
Nothing against the poster in the Moondrop thread. New toy syndrome gets us all. I also might have taken the Moondrop thread poster’s comments wrong.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2020 at 4:39 AM Post #237 of 292
I just sent a pair of these to my dad for Father’s Day with the hopes of getting him back into listening to more music, along with a Qobuz subscription. (Don’t even think he has any headphones or IEMs actually!). He’s super pumped.
Great to see people close to their parents.

Jul 18, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #240 of 292
Hello All.
I have 2 pairs of DN-2000J that i absolutely love. (I bought the second pair for work.) I use them with Fiio BTR5, Fiio X5 III, and IFI Micro IDSD Black label, they sound great with all of them. I am considering upgrading to the DK2001 but im unsure if it is worth it. these DK2001 seem very similar. unforuntealy there has not been many comparisons between the two.
Im hoping someone here has tried both? is the DK2001 worth it over the DN2000J? are they really better?

Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back