DUNU DK-2001 - 3 BA + 1 beryllium DD hybrid: the long-awaited follow-up to the DN-2000 and DN-2000J!
Jun 1, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #211 of 292

Have you heard the Progeny live album???
Close To Edge is probably one of the most badass live renditions I've ever heard. White's snare and Squire's bass are just sublime when paired with a competent iem! Curious if you've that album with these hybrids.

Jun 1, 2020 at 8:58 PM Post #213 of 292
AZLA Sedna SS came. Larger than the "already a touch too big" tips I was using, some left overs from a cheap pair a long time ago, as they were smaller than the smallest tips that came with the unit. These SS honestly look as big as the regular smaller tips in the box.

Dis-appointing.

Not sure where to try now...

If you need smaller than Azla Sedna earfits SS have you tried their short version. Then even smaller there are some branded as whirlwind and tornado but are the same thing. The small size is essentially the SS of sednas but shorter than their short.

Jun 5, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #215 of 292
Why is so little hype with this iem?
Beats me, It is a really fine IEM with superb dynamics and a faultless SQ! It seems to have gotten bypassed by the hype of the latest flavors of the month.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #216 of 292
You guys are right. Not enough love on the DK-2001 train.

With so many in the sub $300 earphone realm. DK-2001 hold their own and will go toe to toe with anything considered substantial in the price.

Jun 5, 2020 at 7:46 PM Post #217 of 292
Why is so little hype with this iem?

It is interesting how a earphone with no real weaknesses and so many strengths gets little traction. Maybe It is because of Luna? Is there anything in the sub-$300 range that can seriously compete with the DK-2001? The Moondrop Blessing 2?

Jun 6, 2020 at 3:26 AM Post #218 of 292
It is interesting how a earphone with no real weaknesses and so many strengths gets little traction. Maybe It is because of Luna? Is there anything in the sub-$300 range that can seriously compete with the DK-2001? The Moondrop Blessing 2?
I had to make a blind choice between dk-2001, blessing 2 and isn h40. Went with Dunu based on a mix of graphs and reviews (particularly bass descriptions), design / schematics / beryllium (wanted guaranteed comfort, both the others are huge and I already had a big resin shell design in t800s), modular cable (at this price I expect to be given a choice of termination - isn also provide this, but the s8 cable isn’t nearly as good as the dk-2001s...) and looks (I waited for turquoise).
Of all my sets it would be the easiest to recommend because it gets everything right and has no weird Achilles heel (e.g. being hard to drive, tuning spikes, prone to condensation, driver flex, needing new cable and/or tips, too big). The icing on the cake is the infinitely superior unboxing xperience, the incredible fit and finish and the overall sense of design purpose that you feel when you handle it - you can just tell their manufacturing tolerances are way higher than anyone else’s. It’s a real surprise.
I would talk about it more but too busy enjoying music with it :wink:

Jun 6, 2020 at 4:05 AM Post #219 of 292
How does it suit electronic music? Stuff like house, Trance, dubstep, dnb, synthwave etc

Jun 6, 2020 at 4:42 AM Post #220 of 292
How does it suit electronic music? Stuff like house, Trance, dubstep, dnb, synthwave etc
For what I’m listening to it’s great (Biosphere, Koan, Stereomantra, Cabeiri, Astronaut Ape, Jaia...down/mid tempo, spacey stuff) but if sub bass extension is critical for you then there might be better choices. The 2001s bass is linear with relatively quick decay. It is overall very very holographic though, so really brings out good production. And they’ve got a really good balance between clarity/detail and smoothness.

Jun 6, 2020 at 4:52 AM Post #221 of 292
For what I’m listening to it’s great (Biosphere, Koan, Stereomantra, Cabeiri, Astronaut Ape, Jaia...down/mid tempo, spacey stuff) but if sub bass extension is critical for you then there might be better choices. The 2001s bass is linear with relatively quick decay. It is overall very very holographic though, so really brings out good production. And they’ve got a really good balance between clarity/detail and smoothness.
Did you hear DK3001 Pro? That should take everything a step further. Anyway 2001 at it's price point is amazing.

Jun 6, 2020 at 5:07 AM Post #222 of 292
Did you hear DK3001 Pro? That should take everything a step further. Anyway 2001 at it's price point is amazing.
I’m afraid not, though I was considering both it and the 4001. In the end I decided I just wanted to test the waters before going for any higher end stuff.

Jun 6, 2020 at 6:40 AM Post #223 of 292
Dont think that the blessing 2 is a rival for the dk-2001 because they have completely different sound signatures.

Jun 6, 2020 at 8:13 AM Post #224 of 292

The DK-2001 is able to handle everything well. You can always use Dunu’s different ear tips to tweak the FR graph. Those bass tips really boost the bass if that is what you are looking for.

Dont think that the blessing 2 is a rival for the dk-2001 because they have completely different sound signatures.

I was comparing them as similar-priced earphones for overall performance. I was not thinking theywould have similar sound signatures. I should have been more clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back