Aug 4, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #2,131 of 2,570
Aug 5, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #2,133 of 2,570
I'm a fan of sonion ba woofer , but definitely I love DD bass the most

Thanks mate!

DUNU FALCON ULTRA in the house:

Appreciate you as always!

The blue is really sleek!
Sounds pretty good judging from the graph

Hard to photograph and reflect (pun intended) what it looks like in person!
Is there anything new around Dunu's followup to the Zen Pro?

No, I do not have any updates at this time for that, the SA16, or SA10.

Aug 5, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #2,134 of 2,570
No, I do not have any updates at this time for that, the SA16, or SA10.

Thanks. I’m definitely looking forward to a new Dunu flagship single DD.

Aug 5, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #2,135 of 2,570
Aug 5, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #2,136 of 2,570
Aug 6, 2023 at 7:31 AM Post #2,138 of 2,570
(Crosspost from Discovery thread) Howdy folks, my review of Dunu Falcon Ultra is online on head-fi and my blog.

My Take​

I’ll keep it simple: I like Falcon Ultra. Dunu took the ECLIPSE drivers and crafted an organic sound rather than trying too hard to make them sound like laser sharp tribrid IEMs. At the same time, the technical performance of Falcon Ultra shows a clear step up from the single DD of the yesteryears or even the current flavour-of-the-month single DDs. The result is an IEM that sounds right, showcasing the naturalness and dynamic of a single DD without suffering much of the limitations of this driver configuration, such as peaky lower treble and rolled-off upper treble.

I believe that $240 is already a lot of money for an IEM; thus, the product should feel like a pricy product. Despite having a smaller cardboard box and a bit less sophisticated interchangeable plug system, Falcon Ultra does feel like a pricy and well-built product, so thumbs up from me on this front. I might be an odd one here, but I don’t believe IEMs with the single dynamic driver has any reason to pass a $1000 or even a $500 price tag unless it has been hyped to the moon (or black hole) and back. So, double thumps up for Dunu to keep the price tag sane (though I suspect a “Zen Ultra” somewhere in the Dunu R&D lab is getting ready to push the price bracket).

Absolute Sonic Quality Rating: 3.5 (Good)

Bias Score: 4/5 (I’m happy to add this IEM to my rotation)

falcon_ultra_summary.jpg

Updated: August 6, 2023

Aug 6, 2023 at 9:28 AM Post #2,139 of 2,570
(Crosspost from Discovery thread) Howdy folks, my review of Dunu Falcon Ultra is online on head-fi and my blog.

My Take​

I’ll keep it simple: I like Falcon Ultra. Dunu took the ECLIPSE drivers and crafted an organic sound rather than trying too hard to make them sound like laser sharp tribrid IEMs. At the same time, the technical performance of Falcon Ultra shows a clear step up from the single DD of the yesteryears or even the current flavour-of-the-month single DDs. The result is an IEM that sounds right, showcasing the naturalness and dynamic of a single DD without suffering much of the limitations of this driver configuration, such as peaky lower treble and rolled-off upper treble.

I believe that $240 is already a lot of money for an IEM; thus, the product should feel like a pricy product. Despite having a smaller cardboard box and a bit less sophisticated interchangeable plug system, Falcon Ultra does feel like a pricy and well-built product, so thumbs up from me on this front. I might be an odd one here, but I don’t believe IEMs with the single dynamic driver has any reason to pass a $1000 or even a $500 price tag unless it has been hyped to the moon (or black hole) and back. So, double thumps up for Dunu to keep the price tag sane (though I suspect a “Zen Ultra” somewhere in the Dunu R&D lab is getting ready to push the price bracket).

falcon_ultra_summary.jpg

Thanks for sharing! This looks like a good offering in the budget-mid tier segment.

Aug 9, 2023 at 7:02 PM Post #2,140 of 2,570
09FD9BBC-2693-4E5A-B2B8-39D383D87DE3.jpeg

Dunu X FiiO when :dt880smile:

Excellent pairing. They sound great together in either critical listening session or on commute. The only problem is the finish of the Falcon Ultra. I babied them, yet somehow they have micro scratches already.

Aug 11, 2023 at 6:08 PM Post #2,141 of 2,570
My current on-the-go setup is Dunu Zen with a Romi BX 2 plus class a amp. In front of that is an Earmen Sparrow dac. Feeding these with a never activated Android (ripped flac and streaming Wi-Fi) over USB on the go. UAPP player. That said, I'm very happy with the sound I'm getting but like everyone always interested in even more. I know one weak link I have is a generic from Amazon 2.5 balanced male to male cable between dac and amp. Can anyone suggest a relatively high-end short cable? Guess I can always make one myself. Secondly (up to $1,000 or so) any recommendations for better iems?

Aug 12, 2023 at 7:44 PM Post #2,142 of 2,570

My Take​

falcon_ultra_summary.jpg

Thanks for doing this excellent in-depth review as always. We appreciate the time you put into these, really helps us with our development of what's next.

Thanks for sharing! This looks like a good offering in the budget-mid tier segment.

Yes! That's the region of the market we're aiming to be competitive in.

09FD9BBC-2693-4E5A-B2B8-39D383D87DE3.jpeg

Dunu X FiiO when :dt880smile:

Excellent pairing. They sound great together in either critical listening session or on commute. The only problem is the finish of the Falcon Ultra. I babied them, yet somehow they have micro scratches already.

They sound excellent with the iFi Go Pods too.

Yes, we're aware it's quite micro-scratch-sensitive now. Thanks for the feedback.

My current on-the-go setup is Dunu Zen with a Romi BX 2 plus class a amp. In front of that is an Earmen Sparrow dac. Feeding these with a never activated Android (ripped flac and streaming Wi-Fi) over USB on the go. UAPP player. That said, I'm very happy with the sound I'm getting but like everyone always interested in even more. I know one weak link I have is a generic from Amazon 2.5 balanced male to male cable between dac and amp. Can anyone suggest a relatively high-end short cable? Guess I can always make one myself. Secondly (up to $1,000 or so) any recommendations for better iems?

What do you mean by better IEMs? Can you be more clear on what you want - same driver type, different sound etc?

Also what length are you look for for that cable?

Aug 15, 2023 at 7:22 PM Post #2,143 of 2,570
1.png

It’s that time of year again - DUNU’s summer sales are live for the next week.

Enjoy suitable discounts on our leading products, buy a gift for a friend or yourself!

Sales pricing available through our direct shop now.

https://www.dunu-topsound.com/shop

2.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back