DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Apr 24, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #1,921 of 2,480
Hi everybody, I need to know if Dunu S&S tips have any lips at the bottom of nozzles? Or is the nozzle tunnel absolutely flat? Thank you very much - these lips have an impact on bass quantity.

I don't see any lips so the tunnel is flat. It would be a bad decision to make some lips as there are too many different nozzles. Just try the S&S. They're very good!

Correct, there is no lip on it exactly for these reasons.

Apr 24, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #1,922 of 2,480
I will have to confirm about the Alpha 1. This is news to me!
Yeah, they had a very long life. The were released in late 2014 (not the 10 years that I was thinking), but there was some delay and didn't end up being available until early 2015. Here is the Head-Fi thread for them at that time: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...-earbud-the-grand-launch-dunu-alpha-1.740305/

Apparently they are no longer available (DUNU quietly discontinued them) from doing a search on their site. I am thinking that this happened just this year at some point because there was some discussion about them on the earbuds thread where someone purchased them this year (IIRC). I do know that they were still available until 2021 or 2022 because I had a conversation with DUNU about the "next" DUNU earbud. I was told that while they aren't ruling it out, it is not/will not be their top priority.

As I thought, they were the first earbuds to use a BA and DD. There have been a couple since then, but they weren't as successful as the Alpha 1 (Smabat ST20S for example).

Either way, they are permanently in my collection, and when I want a diffuse tuning, these and the Rose Technics Maria II (also discontinued) are a mainstay. :)

Apr 25, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #1,926 of 2,480
Waiting for my SA6 Mk2 to arrive!
On a sidenote, Dunu Noble remains my favourite IEM cable. One of the highest quality cables I've came across. Superb ergonomics too.
Kinda surprised there is much talk about it, probably due to high price and cable being discontinued. Itching to find Dunu Blanche now hehe...

Apr 25, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #1,927 of 2,480
I had sa6 before, still remember it's amazing bass but I do feel like there's some sort of plasticky sound in the midrange. Maybe I'm wrong or it's just the BA timbre.
Still I rmb the soundstage is amazing and the comfort is one of the best I have used.
I actually manage to test the SA6 for only few minutes and it was an accidental meet up in a hifi store that I usual hang out with. It happens that a certain customer have it. I wish I could test the SA6 original again and the Ultra variant.

Apr 25, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #1,928 of 2,480
So I got the Hulk Pro Mini and I'm trying to connect them to my Mest Mk2. The pins seem longer than the stock Mest cable and its very very tight.

Is this normal?! I did not want to use any kind of excessive force.

Apr 25, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #1,929 of 2,480
On the verge of buying a new Dunu sa6 mk II. You may have heard of it :)

I need something worthy to listen to when Lcd-x not practical.

Is this the way, or are there better iem solutions for <£600, new or used.

Not a bass head, but do listen to a wide variety of genres.

Apr 25, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #1,930 of 2,480
On the verge of buying a new Dunu sa6 mk II. You may have heard of it :)

I need something worthy to listen to when Lcd-x not practical.

Is this the way, or are there better iem solutions for <£600, new or used.

Not a bass head, but do listen to a wide variety of genres.
Never tried lcd x, so don't know what should be recommended to u

May 5, 2023 at 9:24 PM Post #1,932 of 2,480
Dunu's Hulk Pro Mini cable is so, so good. My new "favorite" cable. I love how it balances ergonomic, robustness, and overall aesthetics so well.

2X2A1376.jpg

May 5, 2023 at 9:34 PM Post #1,933 of 2,480
A 4.4mm Quick-Switch plug that worked like a IEMatch would be a super neat product.

Like when I want to listen to my Zen Pros on an amp that hast a bit too much gusto and not enough pot :wink:

Last edited:
May 6, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #1,934 of 2,480
Hello DUNU fans,

The company is pleased to announce the KIMA Classic, a new take on the KIMA with an all new facelift, tuning, and cable. Tuned for a more exciting presentation with more low end oomph and sparkly treble and a hint of warmth, this model will be perfect for lovers of pop music and edm.The same driver, built quality, and accessory package are translated over to this new rendition.

We looks forward to your thoughts and feedback soon!

https://www.dunu-topsound.com/kima-classic

Screenshot 2023-05-06 at 2.11.13 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-06 at 2.11.36 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-06 at 2.11.47 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-06 at 2.12.17 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-05-06 at 1.19.09 PM.png

May 8, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #1,935 of 2,480
Hi guys! I asked this in another thread but maybe I'll have more luck here. I own a pair of Dunu's dk 3001-pro and eyeing the Mk II's as an update.

How do you say the Mk II differ from the 3001 pros in terms of quality, tuning, sound signature, etc.? Is it worth the upgrade?

Thanks!!

What is the most important of those qualities you mentioned for your next upgrade? Are you looking for a specific overall sound signature?

Thank you, sir!

A 4.4mm Quick-Switch plug that worked like a IEMatch would be a super neat product.

Like when I want to listen to my Zen Pros on an amp that hast a bit too much gusto and not enough pot :wink:

Thanks for the suggestion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back