DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Apr 21, 2023 at 3:13 AM Post #1,892 of 2,418
DUNU is pleased to announced that the long awaited S&S and Candy Eartips are now available for purchase at 12.99.

The S&S tips are available in sizes S, M, L and XL and we recommend users go a size down for these.

The Candy Eartips are available in S, M, and L and we recommend users stay true to size.

Apr 21, 2023 at 3:21 AM Post #1,893 of 2,418
DUNU is pleased to announced that the long awaited S&S and Candy Eartips are now available for purchase at 12.99.

The S&S tips are available in sizes S, M, L and XL and we recommend users go a size down for these.

The Candy Eartips are available in S, M, and L and we recommend users stay true to size.
Dunu S&S is the best Ear tips for me.

Apr 21, 2023 at 3:49 AM Post #1,894 of 2,418

Hi @Sebastien Chiu , maybe you meant size up with the S&S tips? 'Coz I'm usually an L but an XL with the S&S tips. Anyway, attaching below the size guide.

dunu-ss-stage-studio-silicone-eartips-for-40mm-6mm-nozzle-eartips-hifigo-552126_688x684.jpg

Anyway, finally XL tips that are separately available. Gotta say, being one that asked for this since this was introduced and included in the Ultra.

Apr 21, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #1,895 of 2,418
Brought my SA6 out of the "vault", which was my first IEM since Shure SE530 and Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10, and reminding me of how far my IEM journey has come.

IMG_1254.jpeg

Apr 21, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #1,896 of 2,418

This is fantastic news! :)

Apr 22, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #1,897 of 2,418
My SA6II is finally here. Crossposting from the discover thread about unboxing, graph, and initial impressions of two tuning modes.

Hi folks,

I have uploaded an unboxing and graph video of Dunu SA6 MkII on my channel:

I really like the bass of SA6 II. Dynamic is also surprisingly decent. It has more characteristics of 64 Audio than Campfire.

Btw, to control the expectation: I was blown away because of how much value is packed into $579 and how competent the IEMs are. I don't think these IEMs reach the same refinement as the likes of U12T or HiBy Zeta. The gap is way smaller than from the OG SA6 though, at least from memory.

Edit: and now, back to work on the review of Zeta.

As you know, SA6 series has two signatures: stock and “ambience”. My impression from reviews is that the ambience mode is either “negligible” or inferior to the stock tuning.

I couldn’t disagree more.

6CA7A21E-042A-4EF0-9984-A4B9827ED158.jpeg

First, the graph.

As you can see, the atmospheric mode is only about 2dB higher, so you might discount it as “negligible bass boost.” However, it is not the case. With both Skyrim main theme, Hotel California (live 1994 version), and despacito, the bass gets noticeably more punchy and physical.

But it is more than just bass boost. Lifting up the lower midrange and midbass changes the balance of the tonality, which in turn changes the perception of soundstage and “ambience” of the music. The stock tuning of SA6II is a midrange focus, vocal-centric with surprisingly forward center image. As a result, orchestral and cinematic music does not sound “immersive.” Turning on the atmospheric mode changes the presentation entirely. For instance, with the 2CELLOS concert at Sydney Opera House, I can hear the orchestra in front of me, with the audience to the sides and slightly behind me. The cellos and orchestra has enough nuances to sound real. Flipping back to the stock tuning, that nice illusion is reduced.

SA6II with atmospheric mode on is something special. I will focus on this mode when making the full review since I’m sure other famous reviewers would be able to praise the stock mode enough.

Apr 22, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #1,899 of 2,418
Brought my SA6 out of the "vault", which was my first IEM since Shure SE530 and Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10, and reminding me of how far my IEM journey has come.

IMG_1254.jpeg

How does SA6 sound with the N7? I just had a session with TZ700 on the N7 and it sounded phenomenal. Don’t tell my LPGT Ti I said this, but N7 is my preferred DAP at the moment at least!

2834E9E7-B02F-4D08-83F5-08E93A6DCDA9.jpeg

Looking forward to more impressions of the SA MKII, definitely one I’m curious about… but even more interested in the ZEN PRO successor :)

Apr 22, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #1,901 of 2,418
Anyone have the new Candy eartips? If so, Are they sticky?
Nope, they are very normal. Maybe slightly more sticky than Kbear 07 tips.

The one on top is Kbear 07, as you can see the candy tips are smaller bore. They remind me very much of the original SA6 white tips.

PXL_20230422_165400234.jpg

Apr 22, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #1,903 of 2,418
How does SA6 sound with the N7? I just had a session with TZ700 on the N7 and it sounded phenomenal. Don’t tell my LPGT Ti I said this, but N7 is my preferred DAP at the moment at least!

SA6 sounds as good as it gets on N7 and RS8. If you're a basshead, its definitely not an IEM for you 🤭 Its BA bass has fast transients but isn't punchy enough to deliver physicality, texture and rumble for my electronica filled playlists. How I hear, mids and vocals are clear and well tuned, especially female vocals, but sound recessed. Definitely excels in treble with sparkly highs. Technically, details and separation are very good while imaging and soundstage is OK for the price.

Apr 22, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #1,904 of 2,418
Dunu S&S is the best Ear tips for me.

Thanks!

Hi @Sebastien Chiu , maybe you meant size up with the S&S tips? 'Coz I'm usually an L but an XL with the S&S tips. Anyway, attaching below the size guide.

dunu-ss-stage-studio-silicone-eartips-for-40mm-6mm-nozzle-eartips-hifigo-552126_688x684.jpg

That may be the case for you and how you like to wear things. - for most people we generally recommend a size down to get a proper deep seal.
Anyway, finally XL tips that are separately available. Gotta say, being one that asked for this since this was introduced and included in the Ultra.

IMG_1254.jpeg

The SA6 is a great nostalgia IEM now, indeed :)

This is fantastic news! :)

We're very excited about it!

Anyone have the new Candy eartips? If so, Are they sticky?
Nope, they are very normal. Maybe slightly more sticky than Kbear 07 tips.

The one on top is Kbear 07, as you can see the candy tips are smaller bore. They remind me very much of the original SA6 white tips.

PXL_20230422_165400234.jpg

This is correct. They aren't that sticky. Quite normal for this kind of tip.

SA6 sounds as good as it gets on N7 and RS8. If you're a basshead, its definitely not an IEM for you 🤭 Its BA bass has fast transients but isn't punchy enough to deliver physicality, texture and rumble for my electronica filled playlists. How I hear, mids and vocals are clear and well tuned, especially female vocals, but sound recessed. Definitely excels in treble with sparkly highs. Technically, details and separation are very good while imaging and soundstage is OK for the price.

The N7 has been my favorite DAP I have tried this year. It's one of the few I'd consider for a purchase.

Apr 22, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #1,905 of 2,418

I bought one when it first came out in 2021, also early at least in this recent phase of the hobby - I loved it for general relaxation, very enjoyable with ambient music and fantastic comfort. It fell victim to the Sony IER-M9 which was similar but a big step up - that fell victim to pressure build due to the lack of vents, and I currently don’t own an all BA set… Keen to fix that soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back