Drum N' Bass Headphones
Feb 3, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #2 of 46
Difficult. I listen to quite some D&B, but it turned out to work with only a couple of cans, all others provided either no rumble at all or nothing but rumble - both was annoying. Basically I came to the conclusion that a D&B can needs to have sufficient bass, but of the quick, snappy & non-bloated sort.

From my actual equipment, the Yuin PK1 and the AKG K271 have the most beef for D&B.

Feb 4, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #4 of 46
On the RX900s, I've often heard their bass is sloppy even if ample, though the can be alleviated with mods(I don't know to what extent though). And it is simply generally acknlowledged that their cheaper sibling, the RX700, is the better one for music. I certainly love mine! Very quick, with great sound all across the spectrum, and very nice speed too. However if gaming is a big concern, the 900s are supposed to still be very good for their price, especially modded, and they are better than the 700 for gaming.

Feb 4, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #6 of 46
For DnB you need some fast punchy bass especially for some artist like limewax , current value, Donny etc

My pick would be hd 25 1 but its out of your budget. You can try with shure 750 dj or srh840 'phones they should be around your budget.

Feb 4, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #8 of 46
Son MDR-XB700's are amazing for drums and bass. You can get them online for ~$80, or ~$120 in stores.

Feb 4, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #11 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Metal425 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you say this out of personal experience?

Yes, granted I have never really heard anything else within this price range, but I really can't imagine bass being any better.

Feb 4, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #13 of 46
Drums sound amazing on M50's. Bass is also very good, but it can sometimes sound a little lean. It goes deep and it is powerful, but their is some missing lower mids that cause them to sound a little lacking in detail and punch. They rely more on deep bass, so if you like your bass very clean and not bloated, you'll love em.

Feb 4, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #14 of 46
EDIT: Nevermind. Misunderstood again. lol man, I'm losing it today.

Feb 4, 2010 at 11:42 PM Post #15 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Metal425 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any other recommendations for $120 and under? How would the RX700's be? What about the A700's?

I think the A700s would be a good choice. The bass has enough punch to satisfy, but is controlled and fast enough to be good for gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back