Drop + JVC HA-FDX1 Dual Carbon IEM...available in the US!
Aug 12, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #31 of 1,383
I started Team JVC and I have a DLC in the King III buuuuut, they didn't send me one :frowning2:

Sorry to hear that. It would have been nice if they had sent you a pair to review.

I have the Kanas Pro's and the TFZ No.3 TI to compare. But also won't have chance to get a "pass around" to hear. Will rely on the expert reviewers' comments

Aug 12, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #32 of 1,383
Just my 2c, I've had pretty much all of the JVC woody series: FX750, FX850, FX1100 and FW01. And I still like to listen to the FW01 from time to time.

However, imo the modded FD01 (and presumably the FDX1) are technically superior to all of them. Over the course of last year, my JVC listening habits have come to 80-90% with the FD01 and maybe 10-20% with the FW01.

Yes, I’ve had all those as well, plus the FX500, been a fan for many years. I would imagine it’s time for JVC to update the FW series since it’s been 2+ years.

Aug 12, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #33 of 1,383
Aug 12, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #34 of 1,383
Is the HA-FDX1 going to use any damping material similar the the alcohol pads that @james444 used in his mods?
Yes! The mods JVC replicated came from examination of a community pair with filter mods. :ksc75smile:

@james444 appointed @shotgunshane his "proxy tester of the mods" since samples can get stuck in Austria's Customs Agency for 2 months.

Reports and impressions are starting to come in and should be here soon...we have sent a final pair to @james444 as well. Hoping they don't get stuck!

Aug 12, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #35 of 1,383
Yes! The mods JVC replicated came from examination of a community pair with filter mods. :ksc75smile:

@james444 appointed @shotgunshane his "proxy tester of the mods" since samples can get stuck in Austria's Customs Agency for 2 months.

Reports and impressions are starting to come in and should be here soon...we have sent a final pair to @james444 as well. Hoping they don't get stuck!
Excellent! :L3000:

I had my eye on the FD01/FD02 since they were first released in Japan, but their treble response always scared me away. It looks like that issue has finally been addressed with these.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2019 at 9:27 PM Post #36 of 1,383
I'd love to see a brief comparison to Oxygen. Atm searching for a single DD a bit more aggressive and it seems to fill the bill.

I didn't keep the Oxygen (needed some money and had to sell some things). While Oxygen was fuller sounding than the Kansas Pro, it still didn't quite have a natural and life like note weight I was looking for. The FDX1 does and I don't need to do a direct compare to know I think the FDX1 sounds more natural, more realistic and more dynamic.

Aug 12, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #37 of 1,383
I didn't keep the Oxygen (needed some money and had to sell some things). While Oxygen was fuller sounding than the Kansas Pro, it still didn't quite have a natural and life like note weight I was looking for. The FDX1 does and I don't need to do a direct compare to know I think the FDX1 sounds more natural, more realistic and more dynamic.
Thanks very much as this is all I needed to know! I am looking for an iem that has very good soundstage, clarity and vocals and after going through countless iems I feel like the kpe and oxygen are the closest to what I want. I felt the oxygen had slightly more forward and fuller vocals then the kpe however I preferred the kpe's vocals as they just sounded more powerful and life-like. I am really hoping the JVC's will be my final iem but I am having doubts that the soundstage may let me down. I really love that airy, spacious stage that the oxygens produce.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #38 of 1,383

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019 at 2:35 AM Post #39 of 1,383
Interested. JVC makes excellent dynamic IEM to start with and hopefully the Drop collaboration will make it even better.

Aug 14, 2019 at 3:36 AM Post #41 of 1,383
...but their treble response always scared me away. It looks like that issue has finally been addressed with these.

Rest assured, that issue has been addressed. :ksc75smile:

To those who've never seen a close-up of the FD01, here's one of the FDX1. These are some beautifully engineered IEMs:

jvc_fdx1_01.JPG

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #44 of 1,383
Rest assured, that issue has been addressed. :ksc75smile:

To those who've never seen a close-up of the FD01, here's one of the FDX1. These are some beautifully engineered IEMs:

Does the ribbed cable create any cable noise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back