1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Drop + JVC HA-FDX1 Dual Carbon IEM...available in the US!

First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Next

Last
  1. shotgunshane Contributor
  2. Returnity
    Thanks for the great review! I’m looking for a cheaper IEM with MOAR BASS to complement my Andros for daily portable usage out of my iphone but if I get it correctly, there is no major need to get this one if someone has an Andromeda, right? They seem like a budget-ish Andro.

Right now, I’m using the Fiio FH5 as that bassy complement and I thought these would be the next step but it seems more like a cheap alternative than a complement.

3. TooPoorForHiFi
  4. shotgunshane Contributor
    For me it’s a nice complement to Andromeda for being a little more forgiving in treble, more natural sounding and slightly richer bass. If you want a lot more bass than Andromeda, then you definitely want something more colored down low.

I have had no issues with driver flex at all. I’m also able to wear them shallow or decently deep.

Returnity likes this.
  5. XERO1
    BlueIcyGartersnake-size_restricted.gif

To everyone involved, you're the real IEM MEGAFORCE!!

NickL33, lafeuill and CEE TEE like this.
  6. surfgeorge
    Thanks for that brilliant story and summary! I have been a big fan of the modded FD02 and just didn't see the reason for spending more to get the FD01.
    The FDX1 changes the game and I will be getting them. Really looking forward to this.
    Thanks to @shotgunshane and @james444 for bringing this to life! Wohooo!!! :L3000::L3000:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  7. XERO1
    Could one of the reviewers please post some close-up pics of just the nozzles that have the filter material? Just curious what they look like. :thinking:

Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    scotvl likes this.
  8. lgcubana
    I had already set aside the funds. But the 2 posted *reviews (on mDrop) are indicating this to be a neutral set.

It'll be interesting to see how the JVCs compare to the Tin Audio P1

* "more realistic sounding than the typically more colored and bassier dynamic driver offerings form the competition"
    With blue tips: has the same deep bass impact and smooth treble of the Tin Hifi T2 Pro, but the T2 Pro is warmer

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  9. Otto Motor
    How robust are the MMCX connectors?

10. james444 Contributor
    I've had the FD01 for more than a year and the FW01 / FX1100 / FX850 for much longer. Never had any problem with JVC's MMCX connectors, they seem to be of very high quality.

scotvl and Otto Motor like this.
  11. cleu041
  12. CEE TEE
    The body for both 01 and 02 is stainless steel. There is an insert holding the driver that is titanium.
    Screen Shot 2019-08-18 at 11.29.42 PM.png

13. Mal Waldron
    I'm thinking of buying a new balanced cable from Null Audio, for the FD02, and I was wondering which one would be more suitable, the copper one (Arete) or the silver one (Lune). Thank you!

14. james444 Contributor

Here's a comparison of my own DIY-filters (alcohol swab; left side) for the FD01 and JVC's filters for the FDX1 (right side):

[​IMG]

deafdoorknob, Slater, Raketen and 6 others like this.
  15. crinacle
    Here you go:

[​IMG]

Here are my first impressions and other eyecandy shots (as well as measurements): https://crinacle.com/2019/08/20/drop-jvc-ha-fdx1-unboxing/

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    Slater, XERO1, deafdoorknob and 8 others like this.
First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Next

Last