Do you secretly respect Beats?
Jan 29, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #241 of 338
I dont like the way the Pros look, I do like the Studios sleek look, but only in the black model, as for the Solos I did buy the Noontec Zoros so I suppose I kinda like the looks.

As for many other people disliking it, Ive frequented around some Headphone based boards on 4chan's technology board and ALOT of them dont like the Beats style.

Jan 30, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #243 of 338
The Mixr's are the Pro's little brother. I've got them. They look nice, built nice, sound decent. Paid $150 for them. Pretty much spot on for what they're worth. They sound fantastic for Electronic music. The Amperior is when I want to listen to Jazz/Alternative stuff.

V-Modas try too hard to look good. It's a bit of an eye sore, frankly. Subjectively speaking of course.

Jan 30, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #244 of 338
I personally love the way V-Moda cans look, and I know Im not the only one, just like with beats. 

And honestly I feel that all Beats headphones are worth at the most half of what they retail for.

Jan 30, 2013 at 2:46 AM Post #245 of 338
Well I'm one of those that are here because of the beats so I have some respect for them. Most my friends want them but they are openminded enough to care about sound quality. My biggest problem with them is how people think they are better than everyone else when wearing them. I have had some experience with them though and I must say you feel great when you wear them. Sound qaulity.... I prefer 5 dollar headphones over the solos.

Jan 30, 2013 at 2:46 AM Post #246 of 338
Well I'm one of those that are here because of the beats so I have some respect for them. Most my friends want them but they are openminded enough to care about sound quality. My biggest problem with them is how people think they are better than everyone else when wearing them. I have had some experience with them though and I must say you feel great when you wear them. Sound qaulity.... I prefer 5 dollar headphones over the solos.

Jan 30, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #247 of 338
Tell you what, I secretly respect the fake ones. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #248 of 338
Hm, about the only thing I respect Beats for is getting people comfortable with spending $200 on headphones. It's a slippery slope, and all it needs is someone to give the right push in the right direction.

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #249 of 338
Quote:
Hm, about the only thing I respect Beats for is getting people comfortable with spending $200 on headphones. It's a slippery slope, and all it needs is someone to give the right push in the right direction.

I bet these HP wouldn't be so popular and "admired" if they cost some $100, lol. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #252 of 338
the beats solo got a pretty bad review on Noble Hi-Fi. i never heard one and i don't intend to.
so no i don't have respect for them.

Feb 2, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #254 of 338
Quote:
I'm probably alone with liking the urBeats. I like the cable, the android compatible button, and bass quality.

Honestly, I think you are more appreciating the bass quantity, not the quality.

Feb 2, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #255 of 338
Quote:
Honestly, I think you are more appreciating the bass quantity, not the quality.

probably, I've had limited listing time and it was done while biking.

at that price point I just want to be able to take a call, have a cable that doesn't annoy me, earphones that dont fall out easily, and being able to here the bottom end end to keep me going during long treks.

I decided on Sony MH1Cs, over Klipsch S4a and urBEATS. I found both to be lacking at the $100 dollar price point but enjoyed riding with the beats more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back