Do you secretly respect Beats?
Jan 3, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #212 of 338
I think it funny how people say beats have so much bass when it barely goes into sub bass and it has really bad all around quality bass. Plus my vmoda m100 with my fiio e11 can actually make the headphones shake off your ears from the bass. LITERALLY. Usually I don't do that because I don't like overpowering bass. It's funny to see beats owners try them out and be like "I thought I had the most bass!" Anywayss ya I really don't like beats especially the solos. They absolutely suck in every aspect.

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #213 of 338
Quote:
I think it funny how people say beats have so much bass when it barely goes into sub bass and it has really bad all around quality bass. Plus my vmoda m100 with my fiio e11 can actually make the headphones shake off your ears from the bass. LITERALLY. Usually I don't do that because I don't like overpowering bass. It's funny to see beats owners try them out and be like "I thought I had the most bass!" Anywayss ya I really don't like beats especially the solos. They absolutely suck in every aspect.

Read the OP. This isn't about SQ. No one on Head-Fi actually likes Beats. Its about respect for marketing, and how they have, undeniably, altered the high-end audio market.

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #214 of 338
Read the OP. This isn't about SQ. No one on Head-Fi actually likes Beats. Its about respect for marketing, and how they have, undeniably, altered the high-end audio market.

Ok but just go on their site and it says they r leading a revolution against inferior sound. I think I peed my pants. And ya the only respect I hav on beats is the fact that they are good looking and they brought people into the headphone market (not necessarily high quality) but still the market. But other than that, ya not much respect

Jan 3, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #215 of 338
Hi I'm new here. I can't say much about Beats since I've never listen to any of their products before. But personally, I avoided them as there is much respectable brands out there when it comes to SQ. Whenever I spotted a person in the city with a portable headphone, its a Beats. From what I've seen here is that Beats are sold and advertised in a whole lot more places compared to others for example Sennheiser, Shure, etc. I believe that some or majority of them are not even aware of the alternatives besides Beats. For the price they paid for Beats they could have gotten a much better product from the other respectable brands (Even if they are looking for an entry level set)

Jan 4, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #216 of 338
Beats pretty much got me to love higher end headphones. Once I owned a pair I started looking at more headphones which ultimately brought me to companies like sennheiser and beyerdynamic. I still appreciate my beats and listen to them from time to time. I honestly don't think they sound awful, definitely not worth the price paid for them but they aren't all that bad to me. The post monster beats are actually not to shabby now. I think if they were priced lower they'd be great. Now that I've said all that, you can't take me away from beyerdynamic DT 770s or my vmoda m100s, these blows my studios away! Hahaha

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #217 of 338
Quote:
yes secretly respect them every night when everybody sleep I listen trance on my detoxes but I don't rock them on the street

You just broke the entire English language... 

Jan 23, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #218 of 338
Jan 23, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #219 of 338
Quote:
Not for the headphones themselves, but for bringing people to soundophilia? 

I don't think that is a reason to respect the company. It's a by-product, not a direct-result of their doing. It really is fantastic what Beats have done for portable audio and head-fi. But they did it with an overpriced cheap product. It's really sad that they are so prevalent and that so many people drop so much money on a rip-off without doing research. But there are plenty of people made aware by Beats that do make informed decisions. They let people know there are other options than Apple earbuds. 

Jan 23, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #220 of 338
Jan 25, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #221 of 338
I'd worked for 6 years within the advertising/marketing business, and I truly respect the direction they went with this target market. That is their job!
I know what its like to work in a fast paced, often high pressure deadline job that requires quick-thinking. I have to admire it.

I sometimes dislike the elitist behaviour on here. I get it, its "normal" to hate Beats, but they captured the general population by storm and although they aren't the absolute best in sound vs price, they are still good sounding cans that feature nicer package contents. They aren't "rubbish"! Sounds more like spite to me.

I've got the Beats Mixr headphone. To put into perspective, I also own the Senn Amperior. I listen to a wide variety of music, and both do well. The Amps are definitely more balanced, albeit a little sibilant, but the Mixr is still a capable can (listening to Adele's vocals - Take it All). One small note; I like the Amps being targeted for portability, but no carry case??

This is all my opinion of course. I DO respect Beats for what they've achieved. I don't spite them. I knew good-sounding, value for money headphones before the Beats craze so I can't say Beats led me to Head-Fi, but I'm just not going to antagonise Beats products. Surely there are more important things in life.

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #222 of 338
I absolutely respect them. Being an avid wine drinker as well being a winemaker, there are many brands that have excessive prices because they are crowd pleasing. These wines (Cali Cabs, Aussie Shiraz, etc.) bring people into the hobby, but then as their tastes change, they start looking for something more elegant and refined (Burgundy, Bordeaux, Piedmont, Germany, etc.). Both these segments have similar price points, and both please a certain segment. In headphones Beats will bring them in, AKG, Senn, Grado, Beyer, etc. will get them hooked. As long as these brands don't alter their sound to suit the mainstream, the more headphiles out there, the better.

Jan 25, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #224 of 338
What I find funny about Beats hate around here, is that some people here will pay 10's of thousands of dollars for minute improvements in their systems, but knock others for paying $300 for a dramatic improvement in their current gear. Yes, I know there are much better ways to spend that money, but there's also much better ways to spend money than on $1,000 wires.

Jan 25, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #225 of 338
Quote:
I absolutely respect them. Being an avid wine drinker as well being a winemaker, there are many brands that have excessive prices because they are crowd pleasing. These wines (Cali Cabs, Aussie Shiraz, etc.) bring people into the hobby, but then as their tastes change, they start looking for something more elegant and refined (Burgundy, Bordeaux, Piedmont, Germany, etc.). Both these segments have similar price points, and both please a certain segment. In headphones Beats will bring them in, AKG, Senn, Grado, Beyer, etc. will get them hooked. As long as these brands don't alter their sound to suit the mainstream, the more headphiles out there, the better.

True. As Metro said, fitting username. I would probably cry if all the "real" headphone manufacturers started making bass-bloated, mainstream, cheesy plastic cans. Though honestly, it would be cool if there were more headphones with a massive excess of bass to please Beats users, but overall better SQ than Beats. I don't want them, I tend to prefer treble over bass, but just to have something undeniably better than Beats, so they can't whine about the lack of bass in really nice cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back