Do you secretly respect Beats?
Jan 26, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #227 of 338
Quote:
I see beats as a fad, and just like any other, everybody wants them and they come and go, in this case it just happens to be beats headphones.

Yeah. I am actually hoping against a fad for really nice headphones, (senns, grados, etc) for two reasons.
1. I would get so jealous walking down the street I would probably cry.
2. It would drive up prices. If Grado had the popularity of Beats, they could sell the SR-60 for $400+.

Jan 26, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #228 of 338
Being new to the headphone world, im REALLY curious at how Beats sound compared to my M50. I almost bought a pair of Solo HD (mainly for its portability), but decided to go for the M50 because I though they were better for home use. Only when I registered here I discovered the hate for Beats, so that makes me really curious at how they sound, especially compared to my cans (they are the same price, though I got a decent discount for my M50)

Jan 26, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #229 of 338
Quote:
Being new to the headphone world, im REALLY curious at how Beats sound compared to my M50. I almost bought a pair of Solo HD (mainly for its portability), but decided to go for the M50 because I though they were better for home use. Only when I registered here I discovered the hate for Beats, so that makes me really curious at how they sound, especially compared to my cans (they are the same price, though I got a decent discount for my M50)

The M50 will blow the Solos away. The M50 (one of the most popular choices in the budget fullsize market, at least on head-fi) will frankly destroy any of the Beats-including the Studio. The Beats are extremely bass-heavy, and muddy. The treble is terrible.

Jan 28, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #231 of 338
I respect beats solely for the fact that they did manage to bring headphones into the public eye, in the past 5 years did I rarely saw people walking about with a pair of cans on their head, but now they're everywhere, from those colourful AT HP's and Sony ones to Beats. Its nice to see more people enjoying music on the go, even if the SQ is crap :p I know plenty of people who are happy with their Beats, as much as it kills me to see them spend money on them, as a music lover I'm glad more people get to enjoy their music more :) I can't try and convert them all, most hear "Heir Audio" and "Grado" and give me confused faces, so I just tell them to get what they like. So far I've only been able to convert 2 of my friends, and even then none of them are as hardcore as me :p

Other than this and their marketing prowess, I don't think all that highly of their HP's.

Jan 29, 2013 at 6:28 AM Post #232 of 338
I see dedicated headphone "stalls" in shopping centres now (with demo units), so thankfully a broader choice is available (including bright colour ways... Cringe)

Had all the big brands, including the Head-Fi approved Senns, AT's, AKG etc. So another example of the platform that Beats raised (or rather, contribution, if that's a better word)

Jan 29, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #233 of 338
I must admit I somehow like the way they look, I like the many colors they come in. Most good sounding cans are always so conservative, keeping mostly to the classy black and silver.
What i don't like though is that it's become a status symbol so that kids who have them can act better than those who don't.

Also Dr Dre's a**hole must be jealous of his mouth with all that s*it that comes out it, seriously "HD", "the way the artist intended"....

Jan 29, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #234 of 338
Quote:
I must admit I somehow like the way they look, I like the many colors they come in. Most good sounding cans are always so conservative, keeping mostly to the classy black and silver.
What i don't like though is that it's become a status symbol so that kids who have them can act better than those who don't.

Also Dr Dre's a**hole must be jealous of his mouth with all that s*it that comes out it, seriously "HD", "the way the artist intended"....

"People aren't hearing all of the music"....

No ****...they're using Beats.

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #235 of 338
I didn't notice any extra background sounds between the studios and m50's. not like the m50s somehow revealed more background music.
You can't hate on beats owners too much. name a stylish, comfortable, folding headphone under 300 bucks with as much bass

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #236 of 338
Quote:
I didn't notice any extra background sounds between the studios and m50's. not like the m50s somehow revealed more background music.
You can't hate on beats owners too much. name a stylish, comfortable, folding headphone under 300 bucks with as much bass

V-Moda Crossfade M-100?

I guess they dont have as much bass to begin with but that is most likely not a bad thing. 

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #238 of 338
Quote:
I've never heard those, and while iI personally don't think they look terrible I know a lot of people don't like the look of the v-modas.

Alot of people dont like the look of Beats either.

Jan 29, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #240 of 338
I think the audiophile:beats owner ratio is pretty far on the beats side. I don't hear of many people disliking the look of beats, though I have seen 1 or 2.
I don't like the look beats... they scream $50 instead of $300... or at least the studios and below... the Pros seem well built, but they are WAYYYYY too heavy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back