Do you secretly respect Beats?
Feb 13, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #257 of 338
Beats got me here and I hate that fact. Recently I have been thing of seeing if I can order a pair of plates for my m100s that have the beats simple with a big red circle with a line through it put over the beats symbol. Mainly want to do this to see what the masses of beats users would do around campus...

Feb 13, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #258 of 338
Beats got me here and I hate that fact. Recently I have been thing of seeing if I can order a pair of plates for my m100s that have the beats simple with a big red circle with a line through it put over the beats symbol. Mainly want to do this to see what the masses of beats users would do around campus...
LOL, do it!!!

Feb 13, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #259 of 338
Quote:

You should flip the symbol around like it was an inverted cross or something...

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #260 of 338
They aren't terrible headphones (I've only tried the IEM's and their top-end pair, I believe they were called the Studios?), but they are definitely overpriced. I think they all are aesthetically pleasing, but they are lacking in SQ. A fake pair would be fun to have to wear to the gym or around the yard if you didn't mind trashing them. But if you are looking to get into audiophilia (I'm not going to lie since they kind of brought me here as well) I would stay clear of the Beats and look for something else.

Feb 13, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #261 of 338
Quote:
quote.gif

They aren't terrible headphones (I've only tried the IEM's and their top-end pair, I believe they were called the Studios?), but they are definitely overpriced. I think they all are aesthetically pleasing, but they are lacking in SQ. A fake pair would be fun to have to wear to the gym or around the yard if you didn't mind trashing them. But if you are looking to get into audiophilia (I'm not going to lie since they kind of brought me here as well) I would stay clear of the Beats and look for something else.

Exactly, the problem is the price/quality ratio. Reminds me of this = 

Feb 14, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #265 of 338
Nope not even secretly. Just part of the "uniform" for little hipster/hip hop wanna be's. Probably the only thing they'll do is make some audiologists rich in a decade or two. 

Feb 14, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #266 of 338
Yes, I like there design. Every time I see them, I have a temptation to purchasing them but after audition them, I slowly walk away.......

Jun 27, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #267 of 338
Beats brought me to Head-fi. I do respect them for making the Mixr, but not for making Studio, Solo or any other headphone they have (I own the Mixr btw). They might make better headphones in future. But now, when I know what sound is, I won't buy any of their headphones (Unless they make a pair of really good hifi's lol).

Jun 27, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #268 of 338
Quote:
Beats brought me to Head-fi. I do respect them for making the Mixr, but not for making Studio, Solo or any other headphone they have (I own the Mixr btw). They might make better headphones in future. But now, when I know what sound is, I won't buy any of their headphones (Unless they make a pair of really good hifi's lol).

+1 for the bolds.

Jun 30, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #270 of 338
Quote:
This is the worst thread title I have ever seen on headfi.
Beats is a joke, waste of money and a wrong way to take people away from the real sound..

A bit harsh, but straight to the point.
Ditto, +1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back