Do you secretly respect Beats?
Oct 28, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #286 of 338
I thought beats pro don't sound so bad, it's just that they are overpriced.

Mind you, don't underestimate the amount of gullible people in the world. About 2 years ago, I was at this headphone shop where they had nearly all the headphones in this world on demo, from HD800 to DT990, these two middle age guys where walking around trying out headphones, and I saw them trying out the beats HD, which in my opinion, are the worst sounding headphones I've ever heard. I got close as I wanted to hear their comments on them. As one of the guys took off the beats HD, his friend said to him something like: "they sound great, don't they, totally worth it, right?" And I thought only teenagers could be that gullible.

I first started off with Beats Pro thinking they were the best in the market 2nd bose.. :p  LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

man I was a novice... 

that's when I came across what REAL Hi-Fi is all about, what it really means to be a true audiophile. Thank you Head-fi forums for showing me the light!  

Oct 28, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #287 of 338
I thought beats pro don't sound so bad, it's just that they are overpriced.

Mind you, don't underestimate the amount of gullible people in the world. About 2 years ago, I was at this headphone shop where they had nearly all the headphones in this world on demo, from HD800 to DT990, these two middle age guys where walking around trying out headphones, and I saw them trying out the beats HD, which in my opinion, are the worst sounding headphones I've ever heard. I got close as I wanted to hear their comments on them. As one of the guys took off the beats HD, his friend said to him something like: "they sound great, don't they, totally worth it, right?" And I thought only teenagers could be that gullible.

Yes we, teenagers are gullible and peer pressure is another factor, we tend to follow each another and its a must to keep up with friends, i bought my first headphone in 2009 $500Beats studio, I know i was mad, but I don't think i will be here playing with my toys such as Hd600 without Beats.

Oct 28, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #288 of 338
Back in 2011, some of my DJ friends were sponsored by Beats to use in their gigs. I was also offered a free pair of Beats Mixr but I refused (nicely) as I was a diehard Sennheiser fanboy. I have tried both the Mixr and the Pro. The Mixr sounded very similar to Pioneer's HDJ500. It was all about loudness but lacked in quality. While I found the Pro too big for my liking and was quite heavy.

At that time, I always wanted to upgrade to Senns HD25-1 II (from HD-280 Pro). But this year, I ended up with a V-Moda M100 (beats any Beats a mile long) which I totally love and glad that I made that decision. :)

Oct 28, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #289 of 338
  Back in 2011, many of my friends were sponsored by Beats to use in their gigs. I was also offered a free pair of Beats Mixr but I refused (nicely) as I was a diehard Sennheiser fanboy. I have tried both the Mixr and the Pro. The Mixr sounded very similar to Pioneer's HDJ500. It was all about loudness but lacked in quality. While I found the Pro too big for my liking and was quite heavy.

At that time, I always wanted to upgrade to Senns HD25-1 II (from HD-280 Pro). But this year, I ended up with a V-Moda M100 which I totally love and glad that I made that decision. :)

I definitely would have taken the free Mixr's and sold them. That's $100 in free headphone money.

Oct 28, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #290 of 338
I definitely would have taken the free Mixr's and sold them. That's $100 in free headphone money.

The mixr is not bad at all for the price, comfort is their only issue, since they are a DJ headphone, of course its going to clamp with tight force. Otherwise, you need to be more objective, I love all Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic, but i don't think mixr is bad...

Oct 28, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #291 of 338

I couldn't because the distributor is a very good and close friend of mine. I was honest to tell him that it would be useless if he gave me one because I had no need for it and told him about my being keen to Sennheiser. It would also be very wrong to sell it if I accepted it and sold it afterwards especially when he finds out.

Oct 28, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #292 of 338
I couldn't because the distributor is a very good and close friend of mine. I was honest to tell him that it would be useless if he gave me one because I had no need for it and told him about my being keen to Sennheiser. It would also be very wrong to sell it if I accepted it and sold it afterwards especially when he finds out.

You don't own sennheiser do you? Just get one and sell it or give it to me :D i will be happy to trade the Mixr for some headphone cable hahaha(I'm telling you their value) jkjk, they are not that bad okay....

Oct 28, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #293 of 338
You don't own sennheiser do you? Just get one and sell it or give it to me
biggrin.gif
i will be happy to trade the Mixr for some headphone cable hahaha(I'm telling you their value) jkjk, they are not that bad okay....

I have an E2200 (evolution) which I bought back in 2001 and it's still with me. Though I have already replaced the earpads and cables with original Sennheiser accessories. I also have 2 pairs of HD-280 Pro. I used the first one from 2003 to 2009 until the headband broke and got a second pair in 2010 and it's still in perfect shape.

Oct 28, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #294 of 338
I have an E2200 (evolution) which I bought back in 2001 and it's still with me. Though I have already replaced the earpads and cables with original Sennheiser accessories. I also have 2 pairs of HD-280 Pro. I used the first one from 2003 to 2009 until the headband broke and got a second pair in 2010 and it's still in perfect shape.

I mean you don't own the company right.. Why are you so bias and one-sided, as if you are paid to say such a thing haha, I love Senheiser, but I do not bash a headphone base on their branding, but listen to each individual headphone, there are always good and bad product.

Oct 28, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #295 of 338
I mean you don't own the company right.. Why are you so bias and one-sided, as if you are paid to say such a thing haha, I love Senheiser, but I do not bash a headphone base on their branding, but listen to each individual headphone, there are always good and bad product.

I was not one-sided at all. Bias? Where in my posts did you read about me being bias? In fact there are other brands that I liked too such as Ultrasone and TMA. I just didn't like the Mixr and Pro in my personal taste. My son has a Beats Solo which he got as a gift 2 years ago. Unfortunately, the cables broke after 6 months. One of the Mixr headphones that was given to my friend had it's headband broken in less than a year. He switched back to Sony. So it's not just the Beats brand I didn't like. Their products are the ones I didn't like,

Oct 28, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #296 of 338
I respect beats if i look at them from a business standpoint.

If they made their headphones have better sound quality for the price then i would respect them from an emotional standpoint too. They are teaching teenagers that more bass is better -,-

Oct 29, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #297 of 338

If they made their headphones have better sound quality for the price then i would respect them from an emotional standpoint too. They are teaching teenagers that more bass is better -,-

This is what worries me. What if all audio systems add 10dB bass boost? Then the mastering process may start making bass light recordings, meaning the lowering of the quality of the master tapes.

It's one thing for a generation to grow up thinking scull stoving bass is good. But another for us to lose the performances we want to archive.

Oct 29, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #298 of 338
That and the sensitivity of beats will make kids think 100db is quiet.

If they made these things actually have a flat sound signature (or like 5 db less bass), and made it a little less sensitive...

Then i would respect them for showing people how headphones should sound :p

Dec 5, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #299 of 338

I second that. Beats became the world's second leading audio equipment manufacturer within one year - one place behind Sony. This is probably based on revenue, because every single Beats product costs so much. The amount of money Beats is earning is no laughing matter, either. 

Take the Beats Studios, for example. They cost roughly $30 USD to manufacture (this is based on my own little teardown analysis, but it's not far off the actual value), but sell for $300 USD on average.

They really took the headphone industry by storm. Big brand headphone manufacturers now mimic their appearance and overall fashion statement-ness, and Beats are now the most counterfeited headphone in history. There are so many illegally branded ones, and so many more dollar-shop knockoffs that have the basic appearance. 

I can't help but be impressed at the level of influence that Beats had to the world.

Jan 5, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #300 of 338
No I do not, nor will I. Luckily I never personally bought a pair of the dumb looking, butt ugly things. I tried them in the store when they came out was disgusted, and walked out with a pair Koss. I listened to them, looked at them, looked and the price, and was like......rly? not if they were the only headphones left in the world. Joined here looking for a review for the t50rp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back