Do you secretly respect Beats?
Sep 16, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #301 of 338
When passing by them in the store, I shake my head, laugh and head for the Sennheiser section.

Oct 5, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #302 of 338
I tried the Solos and the Mixrs and briefly tried the Mixrs at home.  After one day with them at work I returned them and bought some B&W P3s instead.  HUGE improvement IMO!  Mixrs are downright painful for me to wear more than about 45 min straight.  Sound wasn't too bad, but I thought the cheaper Solos were smoother and more fun to listen too.  Either of them were much too plasticy and gangsta for my tastes I guess.

Oct 28, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #303 of 338
Honestly while Beats did get me interested in headphones I don't really respect them at all because they're taking peoples money by selling them average headphones for such an expensive price.
I have a great analogy for this: Imagine Skullcandy selling there earbuds for $199.99

Oct 29, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #304 of 338
  Honestly while Beats did get me interested in headphones I don't really respect them at all because they're taking peoples money by selling them average headphones for such an expensive price.
I have a great analogy for this: Imagine Skullcandy selling there earbuds for $199.99

The Studios seem pretty good.
Closed Back, something very few audiophile headphones come in.
Great bass rumble, another thing that audiophile headphones completely lack.                                                                             
Mid-range is also prominent, making them better than the many V shaped headphones.

Dec 28, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #305 of 338
I go to 2 very popular forums, this is one of them. The other I will not name but they're all crazy about beats and I get flamed for even mentioning other headphones. All they do is talk about beats and at the mention of other headphones "of they must be **** because they're not beats" but obviously in lesser English.

Oh lmao dude you must be from HackForums?

I assume its you, you helped me out once when I was planning to purchase headphones, thanks a lot.

I love the ATH-M50 :)

Dec 28, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #307 of 338
I do respect them, frankly but not secretly.
It doesn't break any law that selling headphones with great exterior design but without HIFI sound.
Any commercial success should not be underrated, even though they became the fashion leader among young people.

Dec 28, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #308 of 338
  I do respect them, frankly but not secretly.
It doesn't break any law that selling headphones with great exterior design but without HIFI sound.
Any commercial success should not be underrated, even though they became the fashion leader among young people.

I consider beats high fi sound when I have heard bad bass tuned options, with no clear superior competition within the sound signature. Why they dominate the market. 
Having more bass then some people would like is a preference and has nothing to do with sound quality. When studios can take your breath away with so much bass.

I am 38 so beats are popular with more than just young people which is the target audience for skullcandy.

Dec 28, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #309 of 338

I use urbeats at $100 which sound better than my old $50 v-moda bass freq's, and see many other brands in the price range with some above so I don't consider them overpriced but premium headphones and speakers are expensive.

Skullcandy would fail with a premium price tag not having the sound to back it

Dec 28, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #310 of 338
Beats got me back into headphones. Impulse buy, they were on sale...and grabbed one up. Returned it later cause they bothered my ears (on ear type). But got to give them credit for this wallet emptying journey I seem to be on. Might not be able to afford a nice nursing home down the road...but can enjoy some nice sounds while sitting around in my dirty Depends diapers, so all good..

Dec 28, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #311 of 338
  Back in 2011, some of my DJ friends were sponsored by Beats to use in their gigs. I was also offered a free pair of Beats Mixr but I refused (nicely) as I was a diehard Sennheiser fanboy. I have tried both the Mixr and the Pro. The Mixr sounded very similar to Pioneer's HDJ500. It was all about loudness but lacked in quality. While I found the Pro too big for my liking and was quite heavy.

At that time, I always wanted to upgrade to Senns HD25-1 II (from HD-280 Pro). But this year, I ended up with a V-Moda M100 (beats any Beats a mile long) which I totally love and glad that I made that decision. :)

All three are used in the music industry so it is just a matter of preference. I never cared for senn and consider beats better sounding than v-moda.

Dec 28, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #312 of 338
I remember a few years back a friend of mine took to showing off his Beats, saying they were the best and whatnot at 300 bucks.

Something told me it was wrong, but back then I was more mesmerised by gaming headphones which sold into the pretty much the same bullcrap hype about better sound quality for games. Well after picking up a cheap pair of Superlux, I can see how $50 destroys "gaming headsets" over $100, but Beats? Well I find $50 dollars sounding better than a pair of Beats, and I've auditioned a few mid-high end cans at events and stores in my country, so I don't see how I will respect Beats in any way.

Most people like to say that Beats offer "competition" in the headphone market, making other headphone manufacturers strive towards better and better quality as well as design. I don't see it in this case, and in fact Beats is the one putting the veil over the entire industry.

Dec 28, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #313 of 338
Beats have improved, but so has everyone else...

I agree with Karias - Beats puts a veil over the industry, and also pushed costs up for everyone. I was secretly hoping they would fade away, but then Apple went out and bought them... they are here to stay.

Dec 28, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #314 of 338
  I remember a few years back a friend of mine took to showing off his Beats, saying they were the best and whatnot at 300 bucks.

Something told me it was wrong, but back then I was more mesmerised by gaming headphones which sold into the pretty much the same bullcrap hype about better sound quality for games. Well after picking up a cheap pair of Superlux, I can see how $50 destroys "gaming headsets" over $100, but Beats? Well I find $50 dollars sounding better than a pair of Beats, and I've auditioned a few mid-high end cans at events and stores in my country, so I don't see how I will respect Beats in any way.

Most people like to say that Beats offer "competition" in the headphone market, making other headphone manufacturers strive towards better and better quality as well as design. I don't see it in this case, and in fact Beats is the one putting the veil over the entire industry.

I can understand some people having a different preference to sound signature. But I find beats bass level to be just right while having enough mids and highs and I have had or heard plenty of cheaper major brands.

Dec 28, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #315 of 338
  Beats have improved, but so has everyone else...

I agree with Karias - Beats puts a veil over the industry, and also pushed costs up for everyone. I was secretly hoping they would fade away, but then Apple went out and bought them... they are here to stay.

True beats have improved but not every model a company comes out with is an improvement, some get rated worse.

I used to have v-moda bass freq made of plastic but when they remodeled them to metal the sound turned to crap while increasing the price

Users who are viewing this thread

Back