Do you secretly respect Beats?
Jun 30, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #271 of 338
To answer the question on respecting Beats - yes, sure I respect them, big time... They made up a market that didn't really exist (the pseudo-audiophile who is willing to drop upto $400), fed the need, and have guarded their market share remarkably well. Half the self-righteous turkeys on this thread are most likely not going to be able to say they did the same in their own line of business, no? It is very easy to complain, but what have YOU done yourself? Any why hasn't Sennheiser or Beyer or AKG been able to dethrone them? We aren't beating the dead horse of if the Studios sound "good for the money"... Ever think that the Orpheus doesn't quite sound "good for its price?" or that if you bought a $1200 HD800 that you need to re-cable it for several hundred dollars more to make it sound right? Don't get me wrong, I am not hating on Sennheiser - they are the reason I am into headphones - just saying that they sell a lot of overpriced equipment but come nowhere close to the level of disdain Beats gets. As a business model, Beats is pure gold - with the marketing, the up-selling, the outsourcing and the profitability. Welcome to capitalism!!!

Jun 30, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #272 of 338
A few months ago I realised how much I love music, so I decided to buy a headphone. My first thought: beats mixr or beats studio or beats executive, so I started to read articles on the internert and changed my mind to bose qc15, but I was fascinated by the headphones I had been reading about, so I searched a little more and decided: my first headphone will be a v-moda M-100. 

When I think about it, I realise that it all started with my thought on beats, and now my first headphone will be a v-moda M100, and I am starting to learn a lot about headphones, and I wanna stay on the headphone world until I die.

I don't hate beats, they just overprice their products, but if they have customers to it, well, good for them

Jun 30, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #273 of 338
I don't respect Beats for their sound quality, but rather their marketing techniques.

Right now, Beats are the most popular headphone brand (among the general population), due to Celebrities, Musicians, and Athletes actively wearing them in public and advertising them.

Whenever I watch an NBA Game, they typically show NBA Players wearing Beats as they are exiting the team bus and entering the arena. Free Air-Time.

Aug 23, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #274 of 338
I actually love Beats. They are one of the best comedy company. Ever.

Oct 27, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #276 of 338
More people are getting to audio and headphone game because of Beats, I can say 60% of audiophile buyer nowadays are from Beats craze, people who already know good sound quality, don't blame beats, thank to their massive brainwashing marketing :D

Oct 27, 2013 at 4:52 AM Post #279 of 338
I think it's incredible how beats managed to produce crappy sounding and overpriced products and still get to sell truck loads of them. I supposed it's not that hard to understand, just watch any popular charts music videos from Britney Spears to will I am, you wouldn't be able not to get brain washed into getting them if your a teenager. Beats probably spent millions sponsoring these music videos.

I know a guy who used to work in marketing for Shure and now he's switched to beats, and he's using nothing else but beats products now. When I asked if he really prefers the sound of his beats, he just laughed and said he gets paid a lot more working for beats. I guess that says it all, they are overpriced because beats buyers are paying for the marketing and sponsorships mostly. :wink:

Oct 27, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #280 of 338
I actually sort of respect Beats because after all they were the company that swayed me away from stock buds. After hearing those I wanted something better, got the IE8 and my journey began from there. 

I think that Beats has a great marketing team though, no doubt about that. 

Oct 27, 2013 at 6:28 AM Post #281 of 338
No....i tell to the world i respect beat and bose.

In classroom, when we had free time, teacher asked me : "Beats and bose, which one is the best headphone ?"

I said : "Beat!!! ...lak lak lak v.v...But Bose is good brand as well!!!"

Oct 27, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #283 of 338
beats advertise using celebrities who wear them, real headphones don't need advertisement, they advertise themselves (kinda like GTA 5)

Real headphones is about mouth-to-mouth advertisement, but we have to admit this beats craze has revolutionised the headphone to be part of fashion and accepted as a norm by society these days. Look at the numerous people who use headphone in big cities like tokyo, new york, singapore,london? 5% of people atleast are using headphones and earbuds, and they're some high end portable stuff like Shure and Sennheiser. When was the last time you saw somebody using Sennheiser HD in 2008? Almost none.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back