Disgraceful Koss costumer service
Sep 13, 2011 at 5:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

DJDestroid

New Head-Fier
I tried to take advantage of the "Lifetime Warranty" on my Koss Portapro again as yet again the jack had gone wonky.

I eventually got a hold of the distributor here in Ireland, TNS Distribution. I sent it off to them and don't hear anything for a few weeks. I eventually emailed them and they said they were ready "for collection". What? Apparently, after arguing with them for a bit, the warranty doesn't cover delivery. Now for me to get those I'm going to have to go all the way up to dublin, probably get a taxi out of their warehouse, which would probably cost me about 3 Portapros worth of money. After I pointed out how ludicrous this was, they just stopped replying completely.

I tried emailing Koss again(I had to email them to get the Distributor's attention) but no reply from them either at all.

This would put me off buying KOSS again in the future. The only reason I put up with the flimsy jack/wire was because of the guarantee. 

Sep 13, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #2 of 10
My wire broke on my portas too. At thebprice they are asking for the porta pros in Denmark I would not get them again. You are guaranteed to have to solder them or send them in for a new pair. With bad customer service like this as another hurdle Inwould never purchase porta pros as they are guaranteed to break quickly.

Sep 13, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #4 of 10

Quote:
Rarely is postage covered under a warranty agreement, it's the responsibility of the owner. Can't you mail Koss the money to send you your phones?

Exactly.  Why would taking a Taxi to Dublin make more sense than having them mailed?  Bizarre.

Sep 14, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #5 of 10
Don't know about in Dublin, but, like it says on the website, here in the US you just mail them in with a check for $9 for return postage and they will mail you a new set. I am about to send in two sets of headphones actually. I have previously gotten KSC75s replaced (actually, they replaced KSC35 with KSC75 which I wasn't thrilled about, but at the time the KSC35 was not being made anymore), and another time I just returned them to the store I bought them at and they replaced them.

Taking a taxi to a warehouse doesn't seem to make any sense. And if its going to cost "3 Portapros worth of money", why would you not just buy a new pair?

Also it sounds like a problem with the distributor. Why not try contacting Koss directly?

Sep 14, 2011 at 12:07 PM Post #6 of 10
Actually according to Koss official site they will honor the lifetime warranty no questions asked but you have to pay 6$ for shipping. I replaced countless porta pro's drivers with the local distributor.

Sep 14, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #8 of 10
That's whack.
They're probably waiting for $ to send them back to you (like the other folks said).
Just ask them how much it will cost.

That's very ugly service though. Very, very ugly.

Sep 14, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #9 of 10
It's going to be awkward too sending them the money to ship them too me. If they have paypal it might be fine though with charges small amounts become quite silly. If you're spendign a lot of money sending it there and back though, it doesn't become as much cheaper compared to buying them new as I'd like. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back