Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Mar 23, 2010 at 12:06 AM Post #511 of 5,248
parskey;6498906 said:
Like I posted a little while ago the only reason you will the the d2000 doesnt deliver on bass is if you arent amping it. I would suggest just getting a uDac if you dont want to spend a whole lot cause it does amplify and i am running my d2k straight out of it for now and it sounds wonderful.

Do you realy mean the D2000/D5000 would have even more bass with an amp?

Mar 23, 2010 at 2:00 AM Post #513 of 5,248
Quote:

Originally Posted by sinner6
YES YES YES, the difference is startling

Well, I guess I'm getting an amp then. Thanks! I wasn't really sure if an amp was worth it.

Mar 23, 2010 at 4:32 AM Post #514 of 5,248
Just ordered D2000, on the way, will get them markl. From what i heard, those phones are among the best phones among the market. They are less known than the HD*** or K*** or DT***, but their performace overpasses their fame. We will see.

Mar 23, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #515 of 5,248
Quote:

Originally Posted by NapalmK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I guess I'm getting an amp then. Thanks! I wasn't really sure if an amp was worth it.

Yea if you dont want to invest an aweful lot I would just go with a uDac because it is both a DAC and an amp and then you can get a full sized amp later.

FL210 welcome to the family my future brother
jecklinsmile.gif
! Your right I rarely see people recommender the d2000's it seems we are a small group.

Mar 23, 2010 at 9:23 AM Post #516 of 5,248
Yea I guess people on here like to recommend the headphones that are more "neutral" but honestly when you listen to music do you want to analyze it or actually be drawn into it? I choose the latter and thus I choose the Denon =)

Mar 23, 2010 at 11:06 AM Post #517 of 5,248
Honestly as great as closed phones are I would always use open headphones over closed if I could
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 23, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #518 of 5,248
Quote:

Originally Posted by Poetik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea I guess people on here like to recommend the headphones that are more "neutral" but honestly when you listen to music do you want to analyze it or actually be drawn into it? I choose the latter and thus I choose the Denon =)

I 100% agree with that
smily_headphones1.gif
. And that's probably the reason why the ed9 and the d7k are my favorites at the moment.

Mar 23, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #519 of 5,248
Quote:

neutral is boring

but I guess it all depends on your musical prefs

Mar 23, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #520 of 5,248
So I discovered the comfort issue on the J$ pads was simply my having the headphones too tight. I pulled em out 1 notch on either side and they're perfect now, a little looser than I'd prefer (although still much more snug than the stock pads on the tightest setting I can stand), but comfort for days.

Mar 23, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #521 of 5,248
Quote:

Thats exactly right man. Music is an experience I dont listen to it just to admire and analyze technical skill a good artist will make you feel and your gear can influence that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrolic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I discovered the comfort issue on the J$ pads was simply my having the headphones too tight. I pulled em out 1 notch on either side and they're perfect now, a little looser than I'd prefer (although still much more snug than the stock pads on the tightest setting I can stand), but comfort for days.

thats a relief I was hesitating to buy them because of what you said and some one elses comment about them removing the mids and highs. Would anyone be able to comment on sq change with j$ pads? besides the one comment everyone seems to love the J$ pads.

Mar 23, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #522 of 5,248
Quote:

Originally Posted by parskey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats exactly right man. Music is an experience I dont listen to it just to admire and analyze technical skill a good artist will make you feel and your gear can influence that.

thats a relief I was hesitating to buy them because of what you said and some one elses comment about them removing the mids and highs. Would anyone be able to comment on sq change with j$ pads? besides the one comment everyone seems to love the J$ pads.

As for my comments earlier, it's not that it sucks out the mids and highs, it's just that they sound more distant as the volume is surprisingly lower on the J$ pads. When you turn up the volume to something similar to that of the stock pads, it offers a much more balanced sound than the stock pads with larger soundstage.

Mar 23, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #523 of 5,248
I love the J$'s. It seems to me that the frequency spectrum is helped rather than hindered by their use. The bass becomes less bloated and the mid's and highs evened out somewhat, to decrease that 'cupped hands' profile that some have complained about. I think that the mid's actually become enhanced a bit, along with soundstage being clearly improved by a measurable margin.

Mar 23, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #524 of 5,248
Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrolic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does that mean that you have decided to keep your D5000's, Necrolic?
wink.gif

Mar 23, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #525 of 5,248
Quote:

Originally Posted by sampson_smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does that mean that you have decided to keep your D5000's, Necrolic?
wink.gif

No, I was selling them anyways as even with the J$ pads I find the bass overpowering. I'm going to be picking up LA7000 Lites as I much preferred MD5000s to my D5000s, and I have some extra money so I figured I may as well upgrade rather than paying copious border fees both ways to have my D5000s modded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back