Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
May 25, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #5,101 of 5,248
It's 2020, still no better headphones than these two :p 2012 Denon AH-D2000 4ever :L3000:

d2000hd650soloist.jpg

May 25, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #5,102 of 5,248
It's 2020, still no better headphones than these two :p 2012 Denon AH-D2000 4ever :L3000:

I never had originalpads for my d2k, any suggestions on new pads? I need to trysome new stuff.

May 25, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #5,103 of 5,248
I got the 2012 model recently. On the earlier model, I've listened to MrSpeakers Alpha pads and Brainwavz Audio Oval Hybrid (Velour + PU). Alpha are super comfy, Brainwavz more neutral sounding.

May 25, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #5,104 of 5,248
I got the 2012 model recently. On the earlier model, I've listened to MrSpeakers Alpha pads and Brainwavz Audio Oval Hybrid (Velour + PU). Alpha are super comfy, Brainwavz more neutral sounding.

Ya i dont like alpha pads on mine, maybe its the wood cups i put on them i dont know but the alphas sound way off. Ill have to checkout the brainwavz

May 26, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #5,106 of 5,248
I never had originalpads for my d2k, any suggestions on new pads? I need to trysome new stuff.

Lawton Audio has nice replacement pads I use on both my MD2000 and LA7000.................

May 26, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #5,107 of 5,248
Which wood cups do you have on your D2000?

I have a pair of D2000 and D7000 that I baby, just in case the gimbal decides to break
[QUOTE="Darkblade48,

Post 5080 i think, few pages back. Bought them w somewhat unfinished cups included not sure who made them

May 26, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #5,109 of 5,248
I have cups that look very similar to the "post 5080" cups. I bought them in 2015 on eBay from a seller named electrofunk303...I think he may have also been on Head-Fi as well. I bought two pairs, the cedar pictured below (for my D2Ks) and another pair of Monkey Pod that I put on my D7000s. With both, I made my own Lawton mod with Lawton's damping kits and pads, but then used these wood cups from eBay to save on cost (I think they were neighborhood of $100 each). I really love the Fostex headphones - my type of sound signature, and with the mods that tighten them up and widen the soundstage they're dreamy. Now I'm wanting to get a Lawton modified TH900 - this time I think I'd like to get the actual Lawton cups.

Attachments

• IMG_7010.jpg
    IMG_7010.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 0
May 26, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #5,110 of 5,248
I have the Lawton modded Denon AH-D5000 cans that I use with a Little Dot MK2. I thinking about upgrading my amp to a MK3 or a MK4 SE. I'm wondering if this would be a sideways move or should I be looking into a different amp for my 5K's? My budget is around $500 plus or minus. I love these headphones and I'm not dissatisfied with the Little Dot MK2, I've just got the itch for something new. I can't seem to find much info on the differences between the MK2 and the MK3/MK4 SE in the amps forum other than rolling tubes so I'm hoping someone here can give me some guidance on this. I've got several very good pairs of tubes for the MK2 already so staying in the Little Dot family would be a plus but I'm not averse to going in a different direction. I listen to classic rock, jazz rock, fusion, smooth jazz, blues, and blues rock on vinyl and cd.
Regards,
Sam

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2020 at 5:54 AM Post #5,111 of 5,248
I got a pair of very very very comfy passive-noise cancelling pads from a seller on Aliexpress. By far the most comfy pads I've previously tried (and I've tried 4 types - including original stock pads, cheap replicas, expensive upgrade ones, and then a better made replica of the stock) These current ones bring no nonsense effects on the sound or anything - they just seal well, can be worn for hours and hours, breathe well and are super plush due to the memory foam filler. They're also pretty cheap - around 20something AUD.

EDIT: The main reason I purchased them was to get a better seal and improve passive noise cancelling. I kept original pads until all the pleather flaked off them (and are now just the fabric mesh). They are now great for really hot days. The last replica pads I got were the same shape and size etc, but not very comfy/plush and didnt seal well at all.

new plush pads.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2020 at 9:21 PM Post #5,112 of 5,248
I got a pair of very very very comfy passive-noise cancelling pads from a seller on Aliexpress. By far the most comfy pads I've previously tried (and I've tried 4 types - including original stock pads, cheap replicas, expensive upgrade ones, and then a better made replica of the stock) These current ones bring no nonsense effects on the sound or anything - they just seal well, can be worn for hours and hours, breathe well and are super plush due to the memory foam filler. They're also pretty cheap - around 20something AUD.

EDIT: The main reason I purchased them was to get a better seal and improve passive noise cancelling. I kept original pads until all the pleather flaked off them (and are now just the fabric mesh). They are now great for really hot days. The last replica pads I got were the same shape and size etc, but not very comfy/plush and didnt seal well at all.

new plush pads.jpeg
Which

new plush pads.jpeg
Which model are those on Aliexpress because they have so many?

Nov 3, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #5,114 of 5,248
I have the Lawton modded Denon AH-D5000 cans that I use with a Little Dot MK2. I thinking about upgrading my amp to a MK3 or a MK4 SE. I'm wondering if this would be a sideways move or should I be looking into a different amp for my 5K's? My budget is around $500 plus or minus. I love these headphones and I'm not dissatisfied with the Little Dot MK2, I've just got the itch for something new. I can't seem to find much info on the differences between the MK2 and the MK3/MK4 SE in the amps forum other than rolling tubes so I'm hoping someone here can give me some guidance on this. I've got several very good pairs of tubes for the MK2 already so staying in the Little Dot family would be a plus but I'm not averse to going in a different direction. I listen to classic rock, jazz rock, fusion, smooth jazz, blues, and blues rock on vinyl and cd.
Regards,
Sam
Found this on littledot tube rolling thread just right in search low z headphones low z.PNG

Nov 4, 2020 at 5:31 AM Post #5,115 of 5,248
Anywhere to buy the full frame of D2k cans (excluding the drivers/earpads/cups) ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back