Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Dec 16, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #4,366 of 5,248
I saw someone mention me on wooden cups. They are currently in the hands of casper being tuned. After that I am going to see how durable they are. Putting them in the freezer, in the oven @ 140F, dropping them a bunch etc. I need to make sure they will hold up and sound good. 

Dec 16, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #4,367 of 5,248
  I saw someone mention me on wooden cups. They are currently in the hands of casper being tuned. After that I am going to see how durable they are. Putting them in the freezer, in the oven @ 140F, dropping them a bunch etc. I need to make sure they will hold up and sound good. 

Don't forget to drop them from the top of a five story building...

Dec 16, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #4,368 of 5,248

I see people's reviews on craftmanship and if there is paint chipping or a slight crack its the end of the world. You can't just sell stuff to audio people it has to be perfect and endure years. This is why I want to do the extreme testing beforehand. 

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #4,369 of 5,248

I see people's reviews on craftmanship and if there is paint chipping or a slight crack its the end of the world. You can't just sell stuff to audio people it has to be perfect and endure years. This is why I want to do the extreme testing beforehand. 

Look at Audeze there first HP wood cups were spliiting at the mini jacks where you inserted the cables gotta make shure wood is really dry so it doesnt warp and there design was probably to thin in the jack region                                                                                                                                                                                                

Dec 16, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #4,370 of 5,248

ok i'm keen!

you got photos of your HE4 Mshenay?

In referance to the Disccusion about the Alpha Pads compared to teh Angled, if you are reffering to the Lawton Angled pads

I feel, that the Alpha Pads are Darker than the Lawton Angles, the Lawton Angle Pads are more balanced, both have the same sound stage as well, but the Alpha Pads are a little darker

now it should also be noted that Stock Denon Pads and are the "brightest" next are the "stuffed" Denon Pads, follwed by the Lawton Angles, and endnig with the Alpha

So again, the Lawtons are more comfortable and are more balanced in terms of sound, how ever the Alpha Pads are darker and a little more fun 

Dec 18, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #4,372 of 5,248
OK Duuuudes, so on my first proto run I will just have 1 medium set (already reserved) and only 2 more deep dish woodies any shade you want from cherry brown to dark brown to un-stained wood sealed in 3 layers of high high gloss....

A few blow outs and misfires reduced the volume of timber and so anyone who want a set of D2k woodies at $99 PM
me....2 people. Will ship just after Christmas...

After that I'll be on ebay or an external blog if you want exotic strong grain Dxk cups.
After the Thunderpants fiasco, they don't want woodies for profit group buys etc, sold on this site on the F/S thread.

First run not for profit, just to recoup some of my total costs with 3 sets for members on here. Price included tracked international shipping anywhere global (within reason).

Here are some photos of the medium depth woodies (deeper than stock less than deep dish) ,they are actually deep dark brown in color with subtle medium brown streaks.....unfortunately overcast today outside ,so not the best photos to show the subtle grain. (Though you can just see it on photo 5 on the lower cup rim close-up).
I did not want to put a second full rim internally, for fear it messes with the SQ of the cans. So 4 exact minimal but strong fixture points inside the cups....these fit like a glove on D2Ks..
I may use this wood for carved woodies and red Urushi lacquered cups later like Fostex TH-900s

Tree Latin Name: Xylia xylocarpa
Trade Name: Pyinkado

Quote from another person into making guitars...
""Personally I am actually in the process of making a experimental guitar body with it - yes it's heavy but in theory it should have brillant resonance. ""
The cups are fairly light-weight and not much difference to the plastic cups.The solid wood uncut weighs a TON !

(The ripples and white bloom you can see on the cups below is the reflection of clouds...)

Dec 18, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #4,373 of 5,248
  OK Duuuudes, so on my first proto run I will just have 1 medium set (already reserved) and only 2 more deep dish woodies any shade you want from cherry brown to dark brown to untreated wood sealed in high gloss....

A few blow outs and misfires reduced the volume of timber and so anyone who want a set of D2k woodies at $99 PM me....2 people. Will ship just after Christmas...

First run not for profit, just to recoup some of my total costs with 3 sets for members on here. Price included tracked international shipping anywhere global (within reason).

Here are some photos of the medium woodies ,they are actually deep dark brown with subtle medium brown streaks.....unfortunately overcast today outside so not the best photos.
I did not want to put a second rim interally for fear it messes with the SQ of these cans so 4 exact fixture points inside the cups....these fit like a glove on D2Ks..
I may use this wood for carved woodies and Urusi later like TH-900s

""Personally I am actually in the process of making a experimental guitar body with it - yes it's heavy but in theory it should have brillant resonance. ""
The cups are fairly light-weight and not much difference to the plastic cups

DUDE. These are dope! Really nice work!

Dec 18, 2014 at 1:58 AM Post #4,374 of 5,248
  OK Duuuudes, so on my first proto run I will just have 1 medium set (already reserved) and only 2 more deep dish woodies any shade you want from cherry brown to dark brown to untreated wood sealed in high gloss....

A few blow outs and misfires reduced the volume of timber and so anyone who want a set of D2k woodies at $99 PM me....2 people. Will ship just after Christmas...

Here are some photos of the medium depth woodies (deeper than stock less than deep dish) ,they are actually deep dark brown in color with subtle medium brown streaks.....unfortunately overcast today outside ,so not the best photos to show the subtle grain.
I did not want to put a second rim interally for fear it messes with the SQ of these cans so 4 exact fixture points inside the cups....these fit like a glove on D2Ks..
I may use this wood for carved woodies and Urusi later like TH-900s

The cups are fairly light-weight and not much difference to the plastic cups.

(The ripples and white bloom you can see on the cups below is the reflection of clouds...)

Excellent work mate!  Never seen cups as nice as these!

Dec 18, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #4,375 of 5,248

A few blow outs and misfires reduced the volume of timber and so anyone who want a set of D2k woodies at $99 PM
me....2 people. Will ship just after Christmas...

After that I'll be on ebay or an external blog if you want exotic strong grain Dxk cups.
After the Thunderpants fiasco, they don't want woodies for profit group buys etc, sold on this site on the F/S thread.

Here are some photos of the medium depth woodies (deeper than stock less than deep dish) ,they are actually deep dark brown in color with subtle medium brown streaks.....unfortunately overcast today outside ,so not the best photos to show the subtle grain.
I did not want to put a second full rim internally, for fear it messes with the SQ of these cans. So 4 exact minimal but strong fixture points inside the cups....these fit like a glove on D2Ks..
I may use this wood for carved woodies and red Urushi lacquered cups later like Fostex TH-900s

The cups are fairly light-weight and not much difference to the plastic cups.

These look amazing man.

Dec 18, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #4,376 of 5,248
Lohb - gorgeous bud.  Just gorgeous.  Can't wait to see my set................s.  

Dec 18, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #4,377 of 5,248
Man those look badass!  I like the finish on them too, got any left?

Dec 19, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #4,379 of 5,248
Does anyone have experience using impedance adaptors with Denon AH-D2000/D5000? I bought Schiit Vali + Modi stack and while the sound quality is excellent, there's some noise floor. There's a quiet hiss when no music is playing. I know the reason, this amp isn't designed for low impedance headphones. I've been wondering if this 75ohm adapter would remove the noise without coloring the sound: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Etymotic-ER4P-ER4S-6-35-3-5mm-resistor-adaptor-/271644098644?pt=US_MP3_Player_Cables_Adapters&hash=item3f3f400054

Dec 19, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #4,380 of 5,248
  Does anyone have experience using impedance adaptors with Denon AH-D2000/D5000? I bought Schiit Vali + Modi stack and while the sound quality is excellent, there's some noise floor. There's a quiet hiss when no music is playing. I know the reason, this amp isn't designed for low impedance headphones. I've been wondering if this 75ohm adapter would remove the noise without coloring the sound: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Etymotic-ER4P-ER4S-6-35-3-5mm-resistor-adaptor-/271644098644?pt=US_MP3_Player_Cables_Adapters&hash=item3f3f400054

Thats why you always want to get an amp with a high/low switch or the ability to turn down the amp. On my setup I can tweak the amp from -10 to +10 allowing me to give the most amp without it hissing. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back