Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Jun 4, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #3,751 of 5,248
Just about to pick up some PlusSoundAudio Cryo UP-OCC DIY cabling for when my D2k arrive (they are very near my city now....yeees !)

Jun 4, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #3,752 of 5,248
  Just about to pick up some PlusSoundAudio Cryo UP-OCC DIY cabling for when my D2k arrive (they are very near my city now....yeees !)

very cool! 

Jun 5, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #3,754 of 5,248
We can only hope he comes to his senses..........or actually listens to that XC he thinks he wants. :D

Jun 5, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #3,755 of 5,248
D2k similar to LCD-2 in some respects ?
I just read all the reviews on here and one reviewer said that....I'd be surprised but ever hopeful....anyone used/have both ?

Jun 5, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #3,757 of 5,248
  D2k similar to LCD-2 in some respects ?
I just read all the reviews on here....anyone used/have both ?

I would compare the LCD-2 more to sounding like your HE-400 (without the treble tizzy) then the D 5/7 k that I still own (sold the D2k). The LCD-2 is more of a mid-centric headphone that I would describe as plush and musical. The bass impact of the LCD-2 is not up to the semi-closed Denon, but the bass is better layered and extends deeper to my ears. It is hard to go back and forth between the two and takes my brain a couple of hours to adjust so I would say they are more different the similar.  The LCD-2 seems dark and wooly after coming from the Denons, and the Denons seem bright and lacking of midbass after coming from the LCD-2.

*My D7k has Lawton mods, My D5k does not, just a bit of added weight in the cup. 

Jun 5, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #3,758 of 5,248
I'm doing an interest check... and I just lost my job, so I might not be able to afford to have the D2k, yea I'd like to upgrade at some point but that is just an optimisitic front lol, truth is I need gas money

although I just got a bonus from my last job [good for them not screwing me out of that] and I should be starting another one here in about 5 days, so I should be able to afford to keep the ole D2k around, how ever if not I'd like to know it's sell able :/ 

Jun 5, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #3,759 of 5,248
  I know this is a bit of a long shot, but does anyone know of anywhere (preferably in the UK) that has new/refurbished stock of D2000 or D5000?

There is a pair on FS thread right now $310 that ship to anywhere if you can accept int. shipping.... Sort by recency in headphones F/S thread...

Jun 5, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #3,760 of 5,248
  I'm doing an interest check... and I just lost my job, so I might not be able to afford to have the D2k, yea I'd like to upgrade at some point but that is just an optimisitic front lol, truth is I need gas money

although I just got a bonus from my last job [good for them not screwing me out of that] and I should be starting another one here in about 5 days, so I should be able to afford to keep the ole D2k around, how ever if not I'd like to know it's sell able :/ 

Oh, your ones ship international ? Well they would be my first choice over stock D2k....

Jun 5, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #3,761 of 5,248

MSHENEY! You're selling your D2K?? You waited for them longer than you've had them back in your possession! 

Please don't kill me :3 I'm thinking of selling mine off too.

Jun 5, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #3,762 of 5,248

It's very sellable.   Price is the only issue. 

Jun 5, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #3,763 of 5,248

It's very sellable.   Price is the only issue. 

mods are the only issue, I sunk a lot into that thing 

still not sure if I want to sell it just yet 

I'll see how the new job turns out 

Jun 5, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #3,764 of 5,248
  mods are the only issue, I sunk a lot into that thing 

still not sure if I want to sell it just yet 

I'll see how the new job turns out 

I hear you my friend.  From watching the valuations of modded D2000's, for over a year or so, the value unfortunately doesn't go $300 headphone, $200 cups, $99 Lawton mods, etc.  Wish it did sometimes from my prior sales. 

Jun 5, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #3,765 of 5,248
I'd be scared to sell off a discontinued gem like the Denon. Especially considering the 'successor' that replaced them doesn't quite live up (so i've read).

Plus those mods are what make the phones your own. It'd be like selling a piece of yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back