Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Jun 7, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #3,781 of 5,248
Must be a planar thing but I auditioned the XC and put them back in the box after a half hour. Was coincidentally doing a side by side with my D2000's and that lack of thump did me in.

Cripple, what wood are those cups on your Denon? Very sweet.......

Jun 7, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #3,782 of 5,248
Also, sharper highs are tamed when you run them un-amped... I quite like these headphones just straight plugged into my laptop.

Sure bass isn't as tight, but these headphones sound great with a little bass bloat in my opinion. One of the very few I've liked to listen straight out of my devices, and it's a strength of this headphone.

Jun 7, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #3,783 of 5,248
They're deep cup Mexican Cocobolo Rosewood. They look and SOUND beautiful. 
o2smile.gif

Jun 7, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #3,784 of 5,248
They're deep cup Mexican Cocobolo Rosewood. They look and SOUND beautiful. :o2smile:

Are they Martin Custom cups? Both Mshenays and I have COCOBOLO Rosewood from Martin, mine extra deep. I ebpnded up Lawton damping mine due to the boominess but now they are just perfect.

Pic.....

Jun 7, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #3,785 of 5,248
Are they Martin Custom cups? Both Mshenays and I have COCOBOLO Rosewood from Martin, mine extra deep. I ebpnded up Lawton damping mine due to the boominess but now they are just perfect.

Pic.....

Yep. Made straight from Martin. Mine are unmodded besides the cups and alpha pads though.

Jun 7, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #3,788 of 5,248
  He needs to stay back from that magnificent power plant on that rack and not get swallowed up in the vortex it creates.

seriously 

Jun 7, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #3,789 of 5,248
Lol, the D2000 cable is 3' long and that extension cord is from my D7000 and about 8-10' I guess. Gotta keep the Spec from taking me over........

Jun 8, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #3,790 of 5,248
Hmm ya know Orge I'm starting to think seriously about getting the LCD XC again, trying to get a demo lined up

I've noticed today [after an almot 10 hour EDM session] I'm not eq'ing my D2k like I used to, and with my HM801 [which has some NICE THICK bass] the D2k is some times a little too bassy for my tastes... any one know of some one State side who's got an LCD XC I could try... 

Jun 8, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #3,791 of 5,248
Hmm ya know Orge I'm starting to think seriously about getting the LCD XC again, trying to get a demo lined up

I've noticed today [after an almot 10 hour EDM session] I'm not eq'ing my D2k like I used to, and with my HM801 [which has some NICE THICK bass] the D2k is some times a little too bassy for my tastes... any one know of some one State side who's got an LCD XC I could try... 

You should try it. I too no longer EQ and double amp (tho I tried it last weekend again with my ZO and Arrow 3G) but the XC still didn't do it for me. Bassheads evolve but my ear much preferred the Denon sound, not to mention the crazy cost differential.

Let us know if you get a pair to try.

Jun 8, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #3,792 of 5,248
You should try it. I too no longer EQ and double amp (tho I tried it last weekend again with my ZO and Arrow 3G) but the XC still didn't do it for me. Bassheads evolve but my ear much preferred the Denon sound, not to mention the crazy cost differential.

Let us know if you get a pair to try.

I actually have a pair to demo, fellow on the Forums agree'd to let me demo his.

and for my ears I much enjoy the bass presentation of Planars over Dynamics, a closed Back Planar should be the happy middle ground for me, non the less I'll hear for my self 

Jun 8, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #3,793 of 5,248
  I actually have a pair to demo, fellow on the Forums agree'd to let me demo his.

and for my ears I much enjoy the bass presentation of Planars over Dynamics, a closed Back Planar should be the happy middle ground for me, non the less I'll hear for my self 

Yep, if you prefer planar bass these may be perfect for you. 

Jun 8, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #3,794 of 5,248

Yep, if you prefer planar bass these may be perfect for you. 

Ineed, now the issue is once again selling everything I own q.q the issue with that is I need two Cables for my Modded HE 4 and W1000x so I can sell them 

Jun 8, 2014 at 7:01 PM Post #3,795 of 5,248
Try them first.  Glad you got an audition. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back