Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Jun 22, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #5,206 of 5,248
After 10 years+ and past 6 years with them pretty much running 24/7 (never turned off my amp used everyday for music/gaming) the right side of my D2k have died. pretty much had a panic attack and couldnt sleep. not sure what the next steps are.
Hello,
I'm selling mine. :) We can talk about the price
See here:
https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/denon-d2000-modded-to-fostex-tr-purpelheart-emu-rosewood.26185/

It would be an upgrade for you without having to go out with someone else.
And you would also have spare parts.

Jun 23, 2022 at 12:13 AM Post #5,207 of 5,248
After 10 years+ and past 6 years with them pretty much running 24/7 (never turned off my amp used everyday for music/gaming) the right side of my D2k have died. pretty much had a panic attack and couldnt sleep. not sure what the next steps are.
Maybe a cable is broken.
It´s really easy to swap it. You only need a screwdriver and a soldering iron.

Jun 29, 2022 at 4:05 PM Post #5,208 of 5,248
Maybe a cable is broken.
It´s really easy to swap it. You only need a screwdriver and a soldering iron.
I noticed that the 3.5 jack was oxidized so i snipped the end and changed out the jack was working great for about an hour or 2 then the same thing started happening right side slowly fades to black. the connection still looks strong, i cleaned it with some contact cleaner. any recommendation on what cable to try?

Hello,
I'm selling mine. :) We can talk about the price
See here:
https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/denon-d2000-modded-to-fostex-tr-purpelheart-emu-rosewood.26185/

It would be an upgrade for you without having to go out with someone else.
And you would also have spare parts.
I ordered the EM-Us if they don't satisfy my needs i will reach out

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #5,212 of 5,248
I've always wanted to do a paint job on the chipped silver finish of my set's chassis. Have you got any more photos or info on your paint process?
Yes, i´ve used the following tools and the paint is still bonded very strong. No chipping.

1. Remove the old paint with a dremel and Abrasive Buffs Polishing Wheels
2. Clean with IPA a/o silicone remover
3. MIPA 1k promotor spray
5. MIPA 2k clearcoat matt + 2k HS hardener and blue metal flakes. I´ve used a tiny paint brush for this job. Not the best method, because the viscosity is very low like water.

Summary: the finish is a little rough/uneven but i like the blue, matt finish. Maybe you have access to a airbrush with exhaust air, because the 2k coat smells very bad for days :L3000:

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2023 at 11:26 PM Post #5,214 of 5,248
You are as fortunate as I! Lucky, I have 1 old set of D7000 that's great condition that requires a little tlc once in a while, PLUS a new mint set still in the box that are ready if the old set gives out. The TH900 is simply to harsh compared to the D7000. The highs on the TH are a touch more detailed (10%) but are WAY to harsh and completely cripple the enjoyment. As far as bass, the TH900 doesnt carry the bulk of the low end weight the D7000 does. The TH seems to focus and carry about 10% extra on the "sub bass" but leaves the the majority of the bass spectrum shallow compared to the 7000. So basically the TH900 can reach a bit lower is sub bass vibration, doesn't carry the heft throughout the tune and the volume has to be so high on the TH to actually get the desired bass that the highs destroy your ears in the high register during the process. The D7000 is still the unsurpassed masterpiece in the Dynamic realm IMO. And Im not spending 5K for something to get 10% better. The law of diminishing returns certainly apply here. D7K is king.
Totally agree...............have had a set since 2012. Had Mark Lawton do his magic, added some Teak cups (wood from SE Asia), a Q French Silk cable and Mark's angled lambskin pads. Will never sell these................and preferred them to the TH-900 which I had at the same time, also fully Lawton modded. Have had three D2000's (still have one with Lawton mods and Bubinga wood cups), three D5000's (all Lawton modded and Lawton cups) and Denon really screwed the pooch when they went away from Fostex doing their headphones.

Apr 11, 2023 at 12:54 AM Post #5,215 of 5,248
Totally agree...............have had a set since 2012. Had Mark Lawton do his magic, added some Teak cups (wood from SE Asia), a Q French Silk cable and Mark's angled lambskin pads. Will never sell these................and preferred them to the TH-900 which I had at the same time, also fully Lawton modded. Have had three D2000's (still have one with Lawton mods and Bubinga wood cups), three D5000's (all Lawton modded and Lawton cups) and Denon really screwed the pooch when they went away from Fostex doing their headphones.
I also said that I would never sell the Denon, after I had painstakingly restored it with the Emu rosewood cups.

When I heard Zmf it was clear where the journey was going.
Is the best biocellulose driver if you like it you can't go wrong with Auteur and Atrium.
And worth every cent when you consider the amping.😉

Jun 3, 2023 at 5:48 AM Post #5,216 of 5,248

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    350.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 3, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #5,218 of 5,248
Has some tried the pads from Geekria?
I used pads from Geekria, they are also thinner than original and add more mids, but I felt there was less bass also. I had to insert damping rings from old Denon pads into the Geekria pads, because ring was different size, not like in the original pads. By the way, V-Mota has damping ring with same size as original and stitched around the edges with threads, I just didn’t want to mess around, but probably I will try change it later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back