Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Mar 17, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #466 of 5,248
Mar 17, 2010 at 5:07 PM Post #467 of 5,248
Mar 17, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #468 of 5,248
Hey i wanted to ad because I dont think its been made clear enough that YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED A DAC OR AMP FOR THE D2000's! I have had mine for about 3 weeks and was really disappointed with them after I got over the initial love of a new product I was seriously considering selling them my uDAC just got here and they are completely different phones everything is better bass and sound stage. I have ordered a LD I+ so i will give my 2cents on that combo when it arrives next friday hopefully so their will be two users who have that setup(roker being the other). Also for those who want to get a uDAC ALO and the nuforce website have them in stock. I will burn the nuforce in and report back in a bit on how it sounds.

Mar 17, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #469 of 5,248
^

I think you mean DAC and amp, not "or". Nuforce uDAC is a great starters DAC/amp.

Mar 17, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #471 of 5,248
Quote:

Originally Posted by sampson_smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought that the uDac is just a line-out DAC. Are you sure that it actually amplifies?

Not sure, but the volume control suggests that it does to some degree.

Mar 17, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #472 of 5,248
Yes necrolic you are right about an amp AND Dac. Also i am pretty certain it does function as an amp because the sound is significantly louder from the onboard audio from my motherboard.

Mar 19, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #473 of 5,248
Well,I received my d5000 last tuesday from Nachkebia after trading.(thanks!) and I love everything except bass and fit.They are supremly comfortable but they don't have a tight grip like my hd650 and so they wiggle if I tilt my head backwards or forward.will the jmoney improve this?I am using it on the second notch but the fit is not secure.as for the bass.....no bass!!!I am using it currently with my iPod touch 2g untill my wa6 arrive this week and the bass is less than hd650! I was expecting thunderous head pounding bass from the king of bass denon but the result is dissapointing.no weight,no punch,no control no nothing.it sounds weird and very very soft,where is the darn bass that everyone is talking about????even out of my touch the hd650 is bassier.so what's wrong?I wonder if the pads have anything to do with it.

Mar 19, 2010 at 11:52 AM Post #474 of 5,248
Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well,I received my d5000 last tuesday from Nachkebia after trading.(thanks!) and I love everything except bass and fit.They are supremly comfortable but they don't have a tight grip like my hd650 and so they wiggle if I tilt my head backwards or forward.will the jmoney improve this?I am using it on the second notch but the fit is not secure.as for the bass.....no bass!!!I am using it currently with my iPod touch 2g untill my wa6 arrive this week and the bass is less than hd650! I was expecting thunderous head pounding bass from the king of bass denon but the result is dissapointing.no weight,no punch,no control no nothing.it sounds weird and very very soft,where is the darn bass that everyone is talking about????even out of my touch the hd650 is bassier.so what's wrong?I wonder if the pads have anything to do with it.

Sounds very wierd to me, as my D5000s bass is big and deeper than the bottom of the Northsea. I dont have a dedicated amp...yet, so i run the D5000 with my receiver, and even my cellphones HTC HD2 and SE W995 has good bass, but the HD2 was best.

Something in your setup could bee wrong. Tryed to EQ it?

Mar 19, 2010 at 12:06 PM Post #475 of 5,248
i use it flat from my touch and i tried using it with my cd player but the same dissapointing result,i wish theey have enormous bass as everybody says but right now,they are less bass heavy than hd650 or even my ie8 or fx500!i dont know whats wrong,i will wait till my wa6 arrives but right now,i consider them bass light.the bass have a weird soft tone to it,no punch or weight.

Mar 19, 2010 at 12:32 PM Post #476 of 5,248
Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i use it flat from my touch and i tried using it with my cd player but the same dissapointing result,i wish theey have enormous bass as everybody says but right now,they are less bass heavy than hd650 or even my ie8 or fx500!i dont know whats wrong,i will wait till my wa6 arrives but right now,i consider them bass light.the bass have a weird soft tone to it,no punch or weight.

I am totally lost here. I also have the HD650 (not burn in as with the D5000), and the basses between these headpones is like night and day. Then i got the HD650 3 days ago i thought something was wrong, becuase the lack of bass. I have read many many reviews of both set and the most seems to praise the HD650s bass, so my experiance is the opposite than yours.

My memory is like an goldfish
redface.gif
, but if i remember correct the HD555 had more bass than the HD650,then i tryed it 3 weeks ago

Mar 19, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #477 of 5,248
i also let my sister listen to them and she thought they were excellent.i asked her to comment their bass with the hd650 and she told me that she feels that the d5000 bass is beeter,as it was softer and with less punch than the hd650 and have that nice soozing sound to it.

Mar 19, 2010 at 12:48 PM Post #478 of 5,248
well i dont know whats wrong maybe the pads?they are compressed from the fron side but not compressed from the rear side.But then,my k701 have the same pads shape,half of it full and the other is thinner.I definetly wont call the bass between the hd650 and d5000 a night and day difference,in fact if it was a blind test,they will be almost identical in terms of bass.

Mar 19, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #479 of 5,248
The Denon pads are thinner on one half and thicker on the other half. The thin side goes to the front of the ear and the thick half behind the ear. That angles the cups. The pads can be rotated so they are in the correct orientation. The pads are slip-fit over a donut shaped plastic ring. Just rotate the pads. The donut plastic ring is also on four hooks/legs that lock in the headphone cup with a few degrees of clockwise rotation. A few degrees of counter-clockwise rotation of the plastic ring will unlock them. So if you rotate the pads counter-clockwise you could end up unlocking them and removing them from the cups. They're easy to put back.

Two ways to remove the pads is to press in (towards the cup) on the pads slightly while turning counter-clockwise. Or grip the plastic ring which is inside the bottom seam and twist counter-clockwise.

My iPod Classic (80GB) doesn't drive my D2000 with the control, deepness, and fullness that even a moderate amp can do for them. The iPod simply doesn't have what the Denon needs. Your Woo will do the trick. I'm actually a bit surprised that your CD player (is it a full size home CD player) isn't driving the Denon better than the iPod. But the headphone out on CD players are not all equal. I've tried some that were reasonably OK at driving the Denon (better than my iPod).

What is big bass varies from person to person. I consider the D2000 bass to be fairly balanced (not overdone) except on some songs where the particular mixing or mastering makes the D2000 overdone.

The D2000 goes deeper than my HD600. The D2000 lets me know when a pipe organ is playing a 32 foot pipe while the HD600 can only offer hints that the 32 foot pipe is being used. The D2000 can tickle and rumble with big bass songs while the HD600 simply does not. The D2000 lets you know when kick drums hit while the HD600 just politely waffs. The HD600 however has more bass control. Easier to hear bass fingerings and plucking technique with the HD600 than with the D2000. Bass attack and decay is faster with the HD600.

Mar 19, 2010 at 2:36 PM Post #480 of 5,248
What is big bass varies from person to person. I consider the D2000 bass to be fairly balanced (not overdone) except on some songs where the particular mixing or mastering makes the D2000 overdone.

The D2000 goes deeper than my HD600. The D2000 lets me know when a pipe organ is playing a 32 foot pipe while the HD600 can only offer hints that the 32 foot pipe is being used. The D2000 can tickle and rumble with big bass songs while the HD600 simply does not. The D2000 lets you know when kick drums hit while the HD600 just politely waffs. The HD600 however has more bass control. Easier to hear bass fingerings and plucking technique with the HD600 than with the D2000. Bass attack and decay is faster with the HD600.[/QUOTE]

If the D2000/HD600 is very similar to D5000/HD650 i have exactly the same exerience as you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back