Denon 5000 HORROR SHOW!
Sep 12, 2012 at 5:30 AM Post #16 of 32
Man that's too bad. Did you get any revenge blows in? My foot would be so far up this guys ass if I was in your shoes (shoes would be sticking out of his mouth).

Sep 12, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #17 of 32
Quote:
Sort of a closed HD 580 or HD 600. They're smoother and way less aggressive. Very easy to listen to, and better 3D soundstaging (but not as "spacious" - they aren't congested though). Very coherent.
Also I think the other poster wasn't talking about the Sennheiser HD 600, but the new Denon AH-D600.
redface.gif

Also sorry to hear about the mugging.

Judging by the reviews, the Denon D600's look/sound fantastic, these might be my next headphones

Quote:
Dang that sucks bro, I feel for you.

Well at least now we know the mugger has bad taste in headphones otherwise he would have nabbed the D5ks instead of crushed em 
redface.gif

indeed =x

Quote:
oops, sorry.

There's plenty of other phones other than the denons. What are you looking for- closed or open headphones. Isolation/leakage matters or don't matter at all??

Isolation does not matter one bit

Quote:
Man that's too bad. Did you get any revenge blows in? My foot would be so far up this guys ass if I was in your shoes (shoes would be sticking out of his mouth).

Didn't even know what hit me >.<

Sep 12, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #18 of 32
Well, having a mugging experience really helps better ourselves and forces us to rethink the lack of situational awareness in everyday life. It may indirectly save your life from a potential future car accident or something like that.

Sep 12, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #20 of 32
Quote:
Well, having a mugging experience really helps better ourselves and forces us to rethink the lack of situational awareness in everyday life. It may indirectly save your life from a potential future car accident or something like that.

Hard to think like that now, but i guess after some time passes by =].

Quote:

I don't mean to belabor the gloomy event, but were you mugged in Dubai??? I would never have imagined it happening there…

Neither did i

Sep 12, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #21 of 32
Quote:

That has sure been the case for me. I even avoided an accident early one morning (dark out still lol). Was going down the highway (downhill) at about 60 MPH when all of a sudden this giant ass boar launched across the highway. I saw him at the corner of my eye and reacted instantly. Did a very fast and sharp right turn around it or I would have smashed right into him. It would have totaled my car (the boar was huge!). I was tired at that point but was sure up after that lol. Now I know for sure my car handles like a sports car :p.

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #22 of 32
Adamora,correct me if i am wrong,but if there in Dubai someone is catched up from doing any kind of stealing,will he be his hands chopped off?I know in some Islamic countries in the Emirates would even chopp heads for adultery,i am right?
Are you planning to do something with your D5000 drivers,if they still working?

Jan 5, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #23 of 32
Quote:
Adamora,correct me if i am wrong,but if there in Dubai someone is catched up from doing any kind of stealing,will he be his hands chopped off?I know in some Islamic countries in the Emirates would even chopp heads for adultery,i am right?
Are you planning to do something with your D5000 drivers,if they still working?

Not in the UAE, all those old law's have been in abolished. you just get jail/deportation.

The D5000 driver's are long gone, threw em out without hesitation, bad memories :>

Jan 5, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #24 of 32
Quote:

Not in the UAE, all those old law's have been in abolished. you just get jail/deportation.

The D5000 driver's are long gone, threw em out without hesitation, bad memories :>

I can sympathize. The particular shirt that I wore when I was mugged some years ago, I still have it but I don't like to wear it no more heh.

Jan 5, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #26 of 32
Why not send in to Denon for repair?

Jan 5, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Can you even imagine what they'd charge for that? I'm not even sure that they'd still be willing to work on a product that is d/c...

No harm trying, just get a quote and see how.

Jan 10, 2013 at 7:03 AM Post #29 of 32
They will not work on them, come on guys lol. Fostex was the original maker of those drivers and they have long parted ways with Denon. The best Denon could do if it was due to a warranty claim (not mugging) is refund you or offer you a comparable model that they now offer. But from all the reviews it seems the newer models are a far-cry of what the older flagships use to be. What a pity. Then again the TH900 looks quite nice and I think that lower model should also be good (TH600?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back