Denon 5000 HORROR SHOW!
Sep 11, 2012 at 11:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

Adamora

500+ Head-Fier
My old D5000's turned into this.

So now i need advice on what to get.

Anything that improves upon the D5000 is welcome. Except for the D7000.

Sep 11, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #5 of 32
Quote:
My old D5000's turned into this.

<snip>

So now i need advice on what to get.

Anything that improves upon the D5000 is welcome. Except for the D7000.

Hmm, are you looking for something that has a similar tonal balance to the D5000?

Sep 11, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #7 of 32
Quote:
Oh my God,what you did/they did to them...scarier than the exorcist movie....

Its...hard to explain... lets just say alot of bruises were involved.

Quote:
Perhaps transplant the drivers into a different headphone casing?

That is a no go! no sound from the right driver, too much of a hassle to try and repair/transplant.

Quote:
Holy crap, the hell happened? ;O

Refer to quote #1 =P

Quote:

Hmm, are you looking for something that has a similar tonal balance to the D5000?

Exactly, but i want it to improve, more clarity!

Quote:
if you looking for replacement sounding similarly consider D600

thats a good place to start, i Amped my D5000's through a Onkyo Amplifier, it sounded fantastic, compared to the abysmal Audio-GD C-2C that sits on top of it, will this be easy to amp?

Sep 11, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #11 of 32
they have exactly same impedance as D5000 so need as much power to drive so if your gear had no problems driving D5000 you will have no problem driving D600

Impedance does not mean this and they don't have the exact same impedance (it actually looks fairly different). They actually don't require the same amount of power to drive.

Anyways, I haven't tried the D600 so I can't suggest them one way or another. But I would suggest the Kenwood KH-K1000 very strongly here. :)

Sep 11, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #12 of 32
Quote:
You can't just leave it at that!  Were they run over by a car or bike or something?

Quote:
Yea, mate, you're gonna have to tell us now.

I was actually mugged =/

the less i remember the better.

Quote:
they have exactly same impedance as D5000 so need as much power to drive so if your gear had no problems driving D5000 you will have no problem driving D600

That sounds good, there's an official sennheiser dealer in dubai, i guess ill try them out at their shop :D

Quote:
Impedance does not mean this and they don't have the exact same impedance (it actually looks fairly different). They actually don't require the same amount of power to drive.
Anyways, I haven't tried the D600 so I can't suggest them one way or another. But I would suggest the Kenwood KH-K1000 very strongly here.
smily_headphones1.gif

Never experienced a kenwood before, how would you define them?

Sep 12, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #14 of 32
Never experienced a kenwood before, how would you define them?

Sort of a closed HD 580 or HD 600. They're smoother and way less aggressive. Very easy to listen to, and better 3D soundstaging (but not as "spacious" - they aren't congested though). Very coherent.

Also I think the other poster wasn't talking about the Sennheiser HD 600, but the new Denon AH-D600. :xf_eek:

Also sorry to hear about the mugging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back