iPhone 5s use lightning to mini USB : no problem all the time
Samsung Note 3 use micro USB to mini USB : I must try
Many times to have connection

Sound Quality :
iPhone 5s
High : more crisp than Note 3
Mid : clear and clear and not so forward like note 3
Note 3 has fuller sound less clarity compare to iPhone 5 s
Bass : better detail and clean bass , but note 3 has better bass impact and better bass body
Separation : iPhone 5s has better separation
Soundstage : iPhone 5s has wider , Note 3 has better depth

Overall :

Samsung note 3 with USB Audio Player Pro has fuller sound than iPhone 5 s ,
iPhone 5 s has better clarity and better music separation

These two have their strong and weak point

I prefer Iphone 5s than Samsung Note 3 , because I love
Detail and clarity , for long term music hear Note 3 can make my ear fast fatigue , because More forward and less clarity

IMO

Feb 27, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #215 of 476
Guys, I just got a Samsung S4 with the latest update. what do I have to do to make it work with my Theorem?
I don't know too much about phones as DAPs. Thank you for the help

Feb 27, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #216 of 476
  Guys, I just got a Samsung S4 with the latest update. what do I have to do to make it work with my Theorem?
I don't know too much about phones as DAPs. Thank you for the help

You can check below for the instruction:
  Q: How do I connect to Android devices?
A: Tracks of resolutions up to 24/192 now play from Android devices through the Theorem 720 DAC or AlgoRhythm Solo –dB, at full resolution in asynchronous mode. Simply load tracks, or entire folders of tracks, onto a micro SD card, connect the devices and play tracks using a USB audio application USB Audio Recorder Pro.

Equipment needed:
• Theorem 720 DAC or AlgoRhythm Solo –dB
• Android device, such as Samsung S3 or S4
• OTG male micro USB to female USB A
• USB A to USB mini B cable (supplied with Solo –dB)
• USB Audio Recorder Pro application for Android, created by eXtream Software Development, $6.00 on the Google app store
• Headphone amplifier and headphones
• Recording format selection: wav/flac/ogg/aiff (No mp3)

Procedure:
1. Place high resolution music files on a micro SD card. Placing the files in folders allows the use of playlists
2. Load the micro SD card into the Android device, such as the Samsung S3 or S4 phone
3. Purchase and install “USB Audio Recorder Pro” (be aware of similarly named apps) (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudiorecorderpro&hl=en)
4. Connect a micro USB OTG cable to the Android device
5. Connect the Solo -dB to the OTG cable using the standard USB A to USB mini B cable
6. Turn on the Android device
7. Turn on the Solo -dB
8. Start the app “USB Audio Recorder Pro”; starting the app first will not work; if the app is running before turning on the Solo -dB, then kill the app using Application Manager
9. If the two devices are connected properly you will see the Cypher Labs USB 2.0 device listed in the Input section of the app
10. On the Main tab of the app, navigate to the external SD card and select a track to play and press the play button on the app
11. Use the playlist feature to automatically advance tracks or shuffle tracks
12. For more information on the app itself, eXtream Software Development http://www.audio-evolution.com/

Other Requirements and Notes:
• Android 3.1 or higher
• Android device with USB host capability
• The Theorem 720 DAC or AlgoRhythm Solo –dB will not charge the Android device

Feb 28, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #219 of 476
  Can someone recommend good IEMs for the Theorem around $200-$300.  I am very much enjoying the theorems with full headphones but would want to try IEMS.

TIA

The Theorem tends to have quite a bit of background noise with IEM's. I've yet to find an IEM where there's no background noise when used with Theorem 720. I can't be bothered as I prefer full size cans but I did try some Shure SE535's, Atrio M7's, Hippo VB's, some Westone's (forget the name) and they all hiss more or less (obviously on lowest gain setting).

Feb 28, 2014 at 2:52 PM Post #220 of 476

The Theorem tends to have quite a bit of background noise with IEM's. I've yet to find an IEM where there's no background noise when used with Theorem 720. I can't be bothered as I prefer full size cans but I did try some Shure SE535's, Atrio M7's, Hippo VB's, some Westone's (forget the name) and they all hiss more or less (obviously on lowest gain setting).

Did you try it with the Earsonics SM64?

Mar 16, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #222 of 476
I have ordered a Theorem 720 copper and will pair with GS4/DX50/RWA ipod 5.5G and use the following can and IEMs:
1) he-400/RSA balanced Norse audio Sculd 4.
2) Heir 4ai via Toxic Cable SP SE
3) UM Miracle via Toxic Cable SW SE
4) Either Heir 4ai or UM Miracleb via Toxic Cable SW RSA balanced
5) Shure SE535 clear.

Mar 18, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #224 of 476
Can someone recommend good IEMs for the Theorem around $200-$300.  I am very much enjoying the theorems with full headphones but would want to try IEMS.

TIA

Did you try it with the Earsonics SM64?

My local headphone shop has some. I'll see if he has a pair on display that I can try out. Going there tomorrow so I will let you know.

HI All
It is not so many iems that not so much hiss pair With Theorem,
Below are iems that less hiss With Theorem

Earsonic SM 64 v1 has 112 Ohm and v2 has 90 Ohm
Etymotic Er 4 B 100 Ohm
High End iem
Tralucent Audio 1+2
Note :
It is very important Dont buy Only BA driver With Low impedance ,For sure got hiss

So Far This Two are very Good pair With Theorem With almost zero hiss
Earsonic like Midnightwalker already recomand

IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back