Cypher Labs Theorem 720
Feb 5, 2014 at 6:18 PM Post #197 of 476
The HiFi M8 is more versatile but is larger, the Theorem is smaller and has a much longer battery life and will charge idevices, but doesn't have as many connections. They both sound really great, so it comes down to what you want.

Feb 5, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #199 of 476
Its the LCD-X. Thats my primary concern. Im hoping it would work well as a desktop solution, as i will use it slightly more at home than on the road. The LCD-X are my main cans.

When i take it on the road, i will use the Sennheiser momentums.
The T5P was just something i was considering, however i would probably get an IEM over that, such as the shure SE846.

Music i listen to is, fast and aggressive tech-punk and hardcore punk.
I also listen to a lot of progressive instrumental soundscape music and 80s inspired synthwave.

Feb 6, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #200 of 476
Its the LCD-X. Thats my primary concern. Im hoping it would work well as a desktop solution, as i will use it slightly more at home than on the road. The LCD-X are my main cans.

When i take it on the road, i will use the Sennheiser momentums.
The T5P was just something i was considering, however i would probably get an IEM over that, such as the shure SE846.

Music i listen to is, fast and aggressive tech-punk and hardcore punk.
I also listen to a lot of progressive instrumental soundscape music and 80s inspired synthwave.

Theorem is excellent Dac / Amp for IDevice can drive your headphone like LCD X , T5p and your Momentum in audiophile SQ .
I think for Shure 846 you can hear the hiss , this the only minus from Theorem is hiss for BA driver iems or ciem

IMO

Feb 8, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #202 of 476
Just snagged the 720 for use with my iphone 5. A change of pants is in order.

I'm coming from an amped iphone 5 line out (30pin adapter, L9, E12) which sounded rather good, but amping chit simply equals a slightly larger chit 'nomsayin?

It's like going from a '99 Honda to a 2014 Corvette Stingray

I need time to absorb what's going on. I'm left rather speechless with the improvement. Hold me guys

Feb 8, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #203 of 476
  Just snagged the 720 for use with my iphone 5. A change of pants is in order.

I'm coming from an amped iphone 5 line out (30pin adapter, L9, E12) which sounded rather good, but amping chit simply equals a slightly larger chit 'nomsayin?

It's like going from a '99 Honda to a 2014 Corvette Stingray

I need time to absorb what's going on. I'm left rather speechless with the improvement. Hold me guys

Lol such a nice impression 
beerchug.gif

Feb 8, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #204 of 476

Lol such a nice impression 
beerchug.gif

Thank you sir. 

On a serious note, I'm looking for either an aftermarket, custom made or parts to create a custom length Lightning to USB Mini-B connector between my iphone and Theorem. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

I'm familiar with soldering, shrink wrapping and the like. Preliminary searching has lead me to believe I'd be more likely to have a threesome with 10/10 Russian twins than find the cable I'm looking for. 

Even if you know a place that sells the stock lightning cable (that comes with the unit) would be useful as I can most likely butcher it and make it shorter. I know it comes with two lightning cables, but one is 100% defective out of the box. Maybe I'll bother the local store or Cypher Labs for one later...

Feb 8, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #205 of 476
I've borrowed a Theorem 720, which I've been using for a while. It makes for a very nice DAC and amp for full-sized headphones, or just as a DAC for a larger amp. Not so great with IEMs, as they have a lot of hiss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back