Cypher Labs Theorem 720
Sep 3, 2020 at 12:59 AM Post #466 of 476
Now that I have the Susvara, I kinda regret getting rid of my Theorem 720 ‘cos it was really powerful for a portable DAC/Amp. I’m curious if the Theorem can drive the Susvara. As a comparison, the Topaz WA11 can, so I’m not quick to dismiss that portable amps can’t drive an inefficient headphone.

Sep 13, 2020 at 7:37 PM Post #467 of 476
Still loving it.

Attachments

• 5EE416D9-8299-4229-AB49-E023B3CABA81.jpeg
    5EE416D9-8299-4229-AB49-E023B3CABA81.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • EDDE08ED-2010-4B5C-A61F-EEB4EEDC42F7.jpeg
    EDDE08ED-2010-4B5C-A61F-EEB4EEDC42F7.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Oct 30, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #468 of 476
How to replace the battery of the theorem? I opened mine to remove the battery. Problem is the battery is glued to the board. I'm afraid to pry it from the board as the board might break.

Ps. Can i use any 3. 7v battery?

Oct 30, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #469 of 476
How to replace the battery of the theorem? I opened mine to remove the battery. Problem is the battery is glued to the board. I'm afraid to pry it from the board as the board might break.

Ps. Can i use any 3. 7v battery?
um wish I knew, usually it is only 2 faced tape? and just a little stern pulling will do the trick, but if it is glued, ouch, then the only way to replace the battery is to buy my Theorem for $800,000 🎃 bu wa hahaha, just kidding some halloween humor, or unless...😈? lol,

but hopefully someone can help, I can take mine apart and see what I can see? I have ripped batteries out of amps before, probably can't help but...um you can ask Todd the vinyl junkie at TTVJ audio https://www.ttvjaudio.com/, they sold a ton of Cypher Lab gear back in the day! it is awesome that they are still around,

Nov 17, 2020 at 5:29 AM Post #470 of 476
um wish I knew, usually it is only 2 faced tape? and just a little stern pulling will do the trick, but if it is glued, ouch, then the only way to replace the battery is to buy my Theorem for $800,000 🎃 bu wa hahaha, just kidding some halloween humor, or unless...😈? lol,

but hopefully someone can help, I can take mine apart and see what I can see? I have ripped batteries out of amps before, probably can't help but...um you can ask Todd the vinyl junkie at TTVJ audio https://www.ttvjaudio.com/, they sold a ton of Cypher Lab gear back in the day! it is awesome that they are still around,

hey cool man! Let me know what you come up with. I’d like to learn as well. I have the algorithm Trio tube amp from CL and I find it so awesome that I ended up buying 2 extra batteries and 2 extra 6111 tubes from David maudlin.
one day I will have to replace those parts so any knowledge you can share would be so greatly appreciated to this head-Fi man. :wink:

Nov 17, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #471 of 476
Still haven't attempted to remove the batteries. I'll take pictures later. Do you think it's ok to just cut off the cables going to the battery and just plug in the charger? I'm planning to use it as a desktop dac/amp instead.

Nov 18, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #474 of 476
if your going to use it as a desktop amp, ditching the battery would be nice, it is HUGE! I would think it should work by cutting the battery? and easing/prying it away from the double faced tape, if your careful it should be easy enough, but that is just my guess, did you try to get ahold of Todd from TTVJ? or try PM'ing someone from the DIY forum in the misc. category as to what you may be able to do whith out having catastrophic failure :scream:? should be a simple ? for someone that has some basic understanding, it would be if the current is tied in with the battery flow? into the battery, and then out to the board? but the power goes into the board first, and then to the battery, so my guess is you should be able to cut the wires? but a very limited guess?

but rule of thumb for some amps is to not use it while charging it, because it can over heat the battery? but since the battery is dead, that may not apply?

Nov 18, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #475 of 476
hey cool man! Let me know what you come up with. I’d like to learn as well. I have the algorithm Trio tube amp from CL and I find it so awesome that I ended up buying 2 extra batteries and 2 extra 6111 tubes from David maudlin.
one day I will have to replace those parts so any knowledge you can share would be so greatly appreciated to this head-Fi man. :wink:

yeppers, I have duped several pieces of gear that I liked alot, when did you get the batteries and tubes from David Maudlin? and who is David Maudlin? 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread

Back