Cypher Labs Theorem 720
Jan 17, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #181 of 476
Mids sound a lot more lush/detailed in a sense (less "distant" sounding) than the CLAS -dB + ALO Rx Mk3-B+ combo (in balanced back-end mode) using the IE800, but that is just my intiial impressions/comparison so far. I was actually quite surprised at how "small" the Theorem 720 actually is (it seems less "fat" in terms of horizontal width than the Fostex HP-P1 or CLAS/ALO, although a bit longer than both the Fostex and original CLAS), it seems it might be slightly more "pocketable" (or at least easier to handle in portable-use situations) than the Fostex HP-P1 even.

The background "hiss" with the IE800 still exists as on the CLAS -dB + ALO Rx Mk3-B+ combo, but it's completely tolerable and I don't mind it. I'd say that the levels of hiss on both the Rx Mk3-B+ and Theorem 720 w/ the IE800 are just about the same, but disappears/is easy to ignore once you have music playing (even during "quiet" passages.)

Jan 17, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #182 of 476
The only major "issue" I have so far when using the Theorem 720 w/ my iPhone 3GS is that it tends to pick up cellular interference quite a bit while in use... the Fostex HP-P1 that I've used has never exhibited any issues like this when it comes to cellular/RF/etc interference, so it's quite irritating for use with an iPhone at this point. I was wondering if there are any ways to reduce the RF/cellular interference without having to turn 3G off/"airplane mode" when listening to the Theorem 720?

Jan 18, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #183 of 476
Mine picks up a lot of radio frequency too from phones in the train. I love the Theorem but the hiss, channel imbalance and this rf problem shouldn't happen in a product of this class

Jan 18, 2014 at 6:30 PM Post #184 of 476
Mine picks up a lot of radio frequency too from phones in the train. I love the Theorem but the hiss, channel imbalance and this rf problem shouldn't happen in a product of this class

And it's not available in silver!

mad.gif

Jan 19, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #185 of 476
I'm really interested in purchasing the Theorem 720. Where's the best place to purchase and do these ever go on any kind of sale?

Jan 19, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #186 of 476
@Deltasun

I just got mine last week from Todd the Vinyl Junkie. They shipped it hours after I placed my order and even upgraded my shipping for free!

I have seen a demo model for sale for $650, but I've never seen them on sale before.

Check out TTVJ: http://www.ttvjaudio.com/Cypher_Labs_Theorem_720_DAC_Headphone_Amplifier_p/cyp0000014.htm

Jan 19, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #187 of 476
^^ Thanks, I was afraid of that. :D

Jan 19, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #188 of 476
^^ Thanks, I was afraid of that. :D

Last week I saw moon audio got promotion all cypher labs product discount 10%
Please send email to moon audio , maybe you can get the 10 % discount now
Good luck

www.Moon-Audio.com
One last day of Cypher Labs 10% off sale....for the Algorhythm Solo -R, -dB and Theorem 720 Headphone amp/dac....

Jan 20, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #189 of 476
Last week I saw moon audio got promotion all cypher labs product discount 10%
Please send email to moon audio , maybe you can get the 10 % discount now
Good luck

www.Moon-Audio.com
One last day of Cypher Labs 10% off sale....for the Algorhythm Solo -R, -dB and Theorem 720 Headphone amp/dac....

Thanks, Rudi...looks like the Theorem 720 sale is over. I might still ping them if I decide to go with this in the next few.

Jan 26, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #190 of 476

Hi, guys!

I want to order Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier (Copper). So I would really appreciate it if you could help me to find the answer to 3 questions.

1. Does Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier (Copper) bypass the iPod’s amp and dac?

2. Do I have to buy a line out dock (LOD) cable if I want to use 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier (Copper) with iPod Classic which has 30 pin connector or LOD cable is included in the package contents? What LOD cable can you recommend?

3. Will my Shure SE535 earphones sound good with Theorem?

Thx!

Jan 26, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #191 of 476

Hi, guys!

I want to order Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier (Copper). So I would really appreciate it if you could help me to find the answer to 3 questions.

1. Does Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier (Copper) bypass the iPod’s amp and dac?

2. Do I have to buy a line out dock (LOD) cable if I want to use 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier (Copper) with iPod Classic which has 30 pin connector or LOD cable is included in the package contents? What LOD cable can you recommend?

3. Will my Shure SE535 earphones sound good with Theorem?

Thx!

1. that's the whole point
2. It's in the box
3. If they're not sensitive iems

Feb 3, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #193 of 476
My simple audiophile sound quality set Up For night listening

Source : iPhone 5s US version
Dac / Amp : Cypherlabs Theorem 720 Copper
Headphone : Audeze LCD 3
Cable : LCD 3 With Stephan Audio Art 4 Pin Balanace
Adapter 4 Pin Female To rsa balance
Lightning to mini USB Stock from Cypher Labs